Your most disturbing moment in gaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Discovering that Demonophobia was real was rather disturbing.
"Take control of a 12 year old kid who has been sent to hell and watch her repeatedly die in extremely drawn out death animations while you try to solve the Space Quest-ish puzzles" wasn't exactly my idea of fun. Highlights include being fed to an organ grinder legs first while still alive and getting ripped in half from crotch up.

Actual gaming would be Borderlands when I went through the safehouse, mostly because I kept hearing some woman crying and begging for help the whole time I was in the area. Got deadened to it after 5 minutes. Other than that, nothing recent has been "Disturbing".

havoc said:
Dead children in cages in a school in fallout 3.
The witch crying in left 4 dead.

Wut?

I play around with skeletons in fallout 3, not to mention downloading that killable children mod, ****ing little lamplight.

Also, learn to crown!

Original Silent Hill... just after you pick up the radio...

Man I hate static.

Although I was only 9 or 10 when I played that so it's probably nowhere near as scary as I recall.

K-64 said:
I would have to say the start and nightmare sequences in Max Payne and quite a lot of Bioshock too. The atmosphere in those games was truly well done

If by the nightnare sequence you mean the one where you run on the thin bloodline and hear the screaming and such, that was pretty creepy. Then again, I saw it when I was little.

Corndawg said:
K-64 said:
I would have to say the start and nightmare sequences in Max Payne and quite a lot of Bioshock too. The atmosphere in those games was truly well done

If by the nightnare sequence you mean the one where you run on the thin bloodline and hear the screaming and such, that was pretty creepy. Then again, I saw it when I was little.
Played not long ago, still **** my pants though. And my ******* cousin was like "What are you so jumpy for? It's just a baby crying." Well dickface i don't have 4 kids like you do. Then he kept scaring me all the time we were sooo spaced too.

Will I be considered pathetic if I said that my hands start to shake whenever I start up Resident Evil: Nemesis? I never even get to fight zombies much. I can barely get through the intro and the first few minutes. I blame the fixed camera.

I used to have Resident Evil 2 for psone 10 years ago. The atmosphere was nice and scarey(but not too scary,) but the game mechanics made me give up.

Arch: What? The steady clicking carrying on for a while equals heaven on earth. What sucks is when it starts beeping.

Ah yes, the joy of Alien vs Predator.

Real dense atmosphere in those games.
Even in the multiplayer, the dense atmosphere (or downright scary for some) was kept and downright immense.
Loved to scare people to death as alien.

The Marine campaign was the most intense, though.
I wasn't exactly scared, but it was very suspenseful.
But since I called out the boogieman in my childhood ("Come out and show yourself, you intruder!") when I thought I saw it and was ready to punch, kick or stab him with a kitchen knife if I had one in reach if he was real, I guess it's no surprise I'm not easily scared. Hah.

Really looking forward to the new one.
It could be the most suspenseful game for many, many years if done right.

I am not really not scared of BOO! ZOMBIE JUMPS ON YOUR SCREEN! but if the game tries to mess with my head; i am scared ****less. The static in Silent Hill, Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth and Cryostasis lately all made me jump around and turn the monitor off. I played Silent Hill with a friend of mine but I couldn't finish Call of Cthulhu or Cryostasis :sad:

Elric_de_Melnibone said:
Real dense atmosphere in those games.
Even in the multiplayer, the dense atmosphere (or downright scary for some) was kept and downright immense.
Providing you accepted the atmosphere changing to comedy in multiplayer yeah :lol: Nothing more hilarious than watching a ceiling running alien try to leap on a grunt, mistime horribly and catapult itself to it's own demise. For even more fun, there was a mod which reduced gravity and turned the aliens into barely controllable guided missiles.

Kleidophoros said:
I played Silent Hill with a friend of mine but I couldn't finish Call of Cthulhu or Cryostasis :sad:
CoC wears a bit thin near the end to be honest. There's still some great moments, but it becomes too much like an everyday shooter, at which point the insanity effect gets a little irritating - it feels more like an artificial difficulty level rather than you losing your mind.

I never got around to finish Cthulhu.
I got somehow lost and stuck in that first town you were in and got too bored searching for a solution.

@Archonsod
Oh, it wasn't like that for me.
I didn't have internet for the most part of my life, so we were playing it via LAN, between friends, in one room.
It's just priceless to see your mate shrieking in fear when you jumped into his face as facehugger. Tehe.

Elric_de_Melnibone said:
I got somehow lost and stuck in that first town you were in and got too bored searching for a solution.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say you either failed to find the town drunk / alcohol, or you gave up during the horribly frustrating rooftop chase.

You don't even get a gun for a good few levels after :lol:
I didn't have internet for the most part of my life, so we were playing it via LAN, between friends, in one room.
It's just priceless to see your mate shrieking in fear when you jumped into his face as facehugger. Tehe.
Heh, wouldn't have worked for us in a single room, everyone would have been checking everyone else's monitor to see where they were. Particularly cloaked preds (although another amusing occurrence online was missing with a grenade or pulse rifle burst and killing a stealthed pred who was just waiting to turn you into a trophy).

Hyperion said:
Totally forgot about AvP.
But I only really managed to complete the first predator level.
Predator was the easiest campaign. Alien got hard towards the end, and the Marine while being the best was also nut crushingly hard in places. Steam have it up for £2.99 at the minute :razz:

Back
Top Bottom