Your first playthrough

Users who are viewing this thread

JayWalker

Regular
I've seen some threads about which faction people will join, but what are you guys plans for how you will play your first playthrough? Will you go off alone killing bandits doing some immediate high risk high reward battles? Will you focus on building a fighting force early on? Arena battles? Tournaments? Raiding? Quests?

I think I will start in the Khanate doing quests and building friendly relations, then take a small warband west to Battania or Vlandia to do some raiding of villages and caravans. I figure goods produced in the west will sell well in the east so it will be like trading without the purchasing bit. Since I will be based so far away from my raiding grounds I will have long travel times but it also means it will be harder for my victims to come at me for revenge. A small warband of horse archers should make short work of villagers and caravan guards so I expect to take minimal losses.

I like this style because it lets you experience being a good guy in one area of the map and a bandit in another. I think it is on theme with being from the Khanate anyway.

What do you guys think? What are your plans? I just want these remaining days to pass quickly so I can get my hands on this much anticipated game.

I made a similar tread a few weeks ago, but my plan is to start as a humple merchant who trades between Sturgia and Vlandia. Who then finds a few merchant guards and trusted companions on his travels, starts up productive enterprises and start to see a merchant empire grow. Then that merchant will start to see that Theres power in guild, power to buy influence, power to buy force, power to change the world by gaining land and setting the rules.

I was considering the merchant style. Ultimately it is probably more profitable than being a bandit, but I never liked how Warband treated bandits and since bannerlord has a whole skill tree for being a rogue I wanted to explore that in this game.

Not sure, i'll probably go around cities and explore the armory and outlaw section ( can't remember the name ) and probably trying to raid some villages to make money, not sure though! Tips would be appreciated if anyone knows how to get money in a fast way :smile:

I plan on joining Battania and become an important lord through sheer combat. my goal will be to have my clan pull a lot of influence in that kingdom and ensure battania independence.

They seem like underdogs and on the brink of destruction and I want to see them prosper. I don't really plan on expanding the kingdom into new territories, though I can see expanding the border outward a little in time.

I'm thinking I will build my character around the battania strength of ambush, though I have yet to see what that actually means in game, so I may have to restart after I get used to how their troops handle.

There are apparently some skill perks that improve your ability to find ambush spots, but they haven't really shown what that means yet. Will it be a situation of finding specific areas on the map where you can set ambushes, or going into ambush mode as in a total war game, or maybe it is like a mid battle ambush where you can hide your troops in the trees and the AI won't see them. We also don't know the benefits of a successful ambush. but even without that I think Battania troops will be fun to play with some of the strongest archers in the game.

I will play as a peasant playing in some lovely filth in a field talking to travelers about how we're living in a dictatorship and a self-perpetuating autocracy, in which the working classes is exploited by inherent violence in the system. And a better form of government would be an anarcho-syndicalist commune takeing it in turns to act as sort of executive officer for the week. Much more effective than Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords as it is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

So yeah... pretty much that.

also might talk about viable means of transport for coconuts...

I will play as a peasant playing in some lovely filth in a field talking to travelers about how we're living in a dictatorship and a self-perpetuating autocracy, in which the working classes is exploited by inherent violence in the system. And a better form of government would be an anarcho-syndicalist commune takeing it in turns to act as sort of executive officer for the week. Much more effective than Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords as it is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

So yeah... pretty much that.

also might talk about viable means of transport for coconuts...

I have a feeling you are going to be repressed. There is violence inherent in the system after all.

battania strength of ambush, though I have yet to see what that actually means in game, so I may have to restart after I get used to how their troops handle.

Call I’m confirmed that they took out the ambush mechanic. He didn’t say why, but I’m disappointed. I really wanted to be a Battanian guerilla.

I will go to fake Rivacheg to befriend Boyar Meriga's ancestor clearing sea raider hideouts in order to open up a dyeworks that will pay for my army for a couple of months. Actually I will try to find out where each product can be bought cheaply and sold expensively and start a small trading company while I drink from bandit's skulls, of course

Back
Top Bottom