Young lad needs a way to get denars

Users who are viewing this thread

thelir

Recruit
So I'm at the point where my weekly wages for my troops is around 75k, and my income from etc is only about 20k. The only way I can keep up with money, it seems, is run around and do tourneys, ransoming any lords I happen to beat along the way. This leaves very little time for me to invest in my CKO, equipment, etc. I own Ethos and Cez btw.

One of the problems I guess is the absolute lad recruitment of Ethos. Every week it gains ~150 new soldiers in the garrison and I have no idea why. I have garrison training off, I don't see an option for auto recruitment, at this point I might as well start disbanding random troops.

How to make money for poor boi?

Get Leadership 10, which halves your overall wages compared to if you had 0 Leadership.

Then review your garrisons of Ethos and Cez, and the maximum limit should be either 240-300 elite dismounted troops (lvl 26+) who are not mercenaries (otherwise wages will be unnecessarily high), 500-600 medium tier troops (lvl 15 - lvl 25), or ~1000  low tier troops (<lvl 15). The latter is not recommended though if you intend to defend your towns in sieges, it's only good to deter 3-5 lords at a time (but not a marshall force). I have no idea how you can get ~150 recruits on a weekly basis beside auto-recruitment from your steward :shock:

Then get some troops with blunt weapons into your party: Inquisition guys, Sheriffs, Sarleon Cavalry, Pendor/Sarleon/Ravenstern Man-at-Arms, Radiant Cross, Eventide and Ebony Gauntlet units, Pendor and Ravenstern Knights, Mettenheim Regular Infantry, and some more. And just sell the prisoners you get to ransom brokes.

Furthermore, capture and ransom all lords whom you don't want to have in your future kingdom, i.e. the ones with bad personalities. Capture and ransom kings too if you can, they are worth 22k+ denars upon each succesful capture. And relation with them doesn't matter, as they'll be either your sworn enemies, or they will go into exile and leave the realm upon their kingdom's defeat.

Every week it gains ~150 new soldiers in the garrison and I have no idea why

You asked Your steward to gather recruits from nearby villages for a month, there is no other way. Simply remove unwanted soldiers or give them to patrols / lords. But recruits shouldn't be a problem though since their wages are almost non-existent. Check if you have some high tier mercenaries or hero adventurers, that might be the problem.

Savigo said:
Every week it gains ~150 new soldiers in the garrison and I have no idea why

You asked Your steward to gather recruits from nearby villages for a month, there is no other way.
Yeah, I forgot that if you ask him to gather recruits from nearby villages for a month, then the only way you can tell if the process is on its way still is if you can't see the option being there. So only the absence of the option can let you know this, which is easy to miss.

Yeah, 75k sounds extreme. At first I thought you meant 7.5k, not 75k. Don't hoard up unneeded troops. Especially cavalries and mercenaries, as their wages are extremely high. In times of war you can quickly raise an army from recruits if your party has enough trainer skill.

I'll post some gyazo snaps if you guys want to take a look. 100% certain I didn't ask the steward to recruit, most of the fresh troops are just random dudes, lot of armored longbowmen, lot of man-at-arms.

https://gyazo.com/39dc478279875de9fd40e82e3048d128 - weekly costs
https://gyazo.com/0597804924396a80806914d789cec071 - Ethos garrison
https://gyazo.com/485195432329524d31f50c5f6eec667e - Ethos garrison 2
https://gyazo.com/7ea788bd92c03224a6ac905cc6e999d3 - Ethos garrison 3
https://gyazo.com/f6bd57f10fb46a2d829173844e0cbcf1 - Ethos garrison 4
https://gyazo.com/c7a05c33c651e524e6ac05942757ddb5 - Ethos garrison final

I won't post Cez because Cez's wages are far less.

Also, as a level 44 with only 16 charisma, how would I go about getting leadership 10?

My rents from Ethos are also really low. Where tariffs are usually in the thousands, rents lie within the hundreds. Ethos is prosperous, and I've made a point of clearing enemies around Ethos and surrounding towns whenever I'm nearby (snake cult is destroyed with no armies).

Hmm, that reminds of something

What could be the reason for this?

lNrLHTV.jpg

Laria was never under siege, I own this city for over a year, my relation with them is 74. All improvements have been built. Current garrison is around ~1400 troops (i keep main forces here).

Seems like You can't get any rents from a city as long as You keep too many troops there. As i said before - give the unwanted soldiers to patrols if you don't want to just remove them. As for charisma and leadership - the only way now is drinking elixirs for qualis gems (You probably won't level up more than 2 - 3 times). Also, there are 2 or 3 achievements that gives you charisma, and there is a book that increases leadrship.

Your villages are also the problem, it seems like they are constantly being looted.

@thelir:
Yep, the garrison of Ethos is way too high, and there's plenty of cavalry in there as well. I understand that you want to keep troop reserves, but you can't do that without hurting your wages. As @Savigo said, either give them to militia patrols, or disband them. Keep only 200-200 of those Sarleon Armored Longbowmen and Men-at-Arms respectively at max. And take out the rest of troops (maybe leave some rare units like  KO knights/sergeants for some backup if you wish). But yeah, aim for a garrison of 500 at max

Those Sarleon Armored Longbowmen and Man-at-Arms can't just appear there magically. Fellow lords can't reinforce your garrisons. The only possibilites for that happening is that garrison training was turned on and auto-recruitment was asked from your steward previously (for a month), but now those have ended and you disabled garrison training, forgot about it, and think that they were never turned on/asked for previously. Or you dropped the excessive troops from your party in there occasionally and then forgot about it completely.

@Savigo gave you the answer for raising your Leadership as well. If you haven't bought elixirs previously, then the first 3 elixirs of Arkon (for 3 Qualis Gems) will buff your STR, AGI and CHA by 6. You can then drink two more of such elixir, or get the achievements for having 5000 and 7500 renown if you don't have them already, which will give you +3 CHA in total. So all you need is 24 CHA, and level up leadership to 8 (buy potions of Janos if you can't muster out more skill points from either the book or leveling up). Then read the book for +1 Leadership and become king/queen later for another +1 and you will be at 10.

@Savigo

My villages actually haven't been looted, I just screencapped the budget at the beginning of the week, so it hadn't collected any funds yet.

@Gorvex

Unfortunately I already read the book, silly me, but I'll try and work around it somehow. Ty for the info, though, that's really helpful. Thank you all once again, I will try and throw 800 of my troops at heretic armies and call it "justified self-destruction."

Back
Top Bottom