You know you want this, admit it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Munchkin9

Sergeant
World of Warcraft with kinect?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62wj8eJ0FHw

How about Mount and Blade with kinect? Just imagine, it would still be simple actions based on the movement of the body, so there isn't (as far as I see) a problem with feedback. How I see it is different gestures with the arms would do different directional attacks...

Anyway just thought it was a fun thing to think about. FAAST (the program they use in the video) is free so if someone has kinect and some spare time I encourage them to try this and tell us how it went.

Cheerio,
-Munchkin9

There is APIs for PC users, knicket was hacked long time ago.

But well, if i wanted to fight with kineckt, i would prefer directly to join some of the multiple medieval fight groups that there is around.

Not to talk that is would be more suitable start a new game with such a change...

It could be kick-ass for short times, against friends or something. For the entirety of the game? Too much.

Would properly be damn hard to fine-tune too. You'd either still be limited to the highly unrealistic four attack directions or manual block would become even harder, probably nearly impossible due to lag and the most minor miscalculations.

Fighting in a shield wall would be damn cool and not as hard to manage though.

Leberecht Reinhold said:
But well, if i wanted to fight with kineckt, i would prefer directly to join some of the multiple medieval fight groups that there is around.

Best thing I could advise is this. If you want to jump around waving your arms pretending to hold a sword and shield, then do find a re-enactment group (a decent one that actually fights, not with wimpy 'taps' as hits) and swing a steel weapon instead. The exercise is good, social life can be great, fighting is goddamned thrilling and bloody fun. Also you may pick up quite a bit of background on how the different weapons were used, the history behind how they evolved & developed, general history of the period the group studies, not to mention ruining every film you then see that has fighting in it  :lol:

I feel more comfortable in my (expensive) chair.

In my opinion, those technology, as they are now, are a little overrated. Nice, but not that great (there are still many restriction).

The problem with these movement controllers is that they can't model realistic momentum and such. You practically only swing your empty hand about, don't have an axehead pulling on you or facing resistance when you hit/are parried.
I played some wii sports games, first I tried to go to somewhat realistic good looking moves, but just twitching the right way works better.

doomsayer said:
The problem with these movement controllers is that they can't model realistic momentum and such. You practically only swing your empty hand about, don't have an axehead pulling on you or facing resistance when you hit/are parried.
I played some wii sports games, first I tried to go to somewhat realistic good looking moves, but just twitching the right way works better.

Some newer games using motion+ require you to use full motions. The wii has been out for a while so if your talking about the first wii sports thats a 5 year old tech demo and isn't a good indication of the current hardware and software.

Also sometimes I've allready got problems with my Nintendo Wii while playing Tennis, that the console doesn't ****ing do what I want, but that's OK, 'cause it's only a little match and I CAN'T DIE. But fighting against an army of 500 men all the time? No, thanks. Let's wait another twenty years and then we can talk/argue/whatever you want about this topic again.

I dunno. If it was a good method of exercise, maybe I'd go for it. Don't want to die of heart disease at 40.

Just a gimmick. All I see is a glorified eyetoy.

It looked too laggy anyway. At least the ps3 thing had fairly smooth 1 to 1 motion, I think that looked a bit more interesting. Not rushing out to buy one, though.

EDIT: just looked at some videos and the ps3 "move" (great name...) looks too laggy as well.

Most of you misunderstand, I am not saying to use kinect as they do on the xbox 360 (one-to-one movement), but instead do what they do in the video if world of warcraft: simple gesture possible that could be done sitting down (though meh on that thought) to recreate what would be done with the keyboard and the mouse.

And the fact about being tiring is the point in my view (im not saying it would be always fun, but it would be good for somethings) so that if you are in a large battle you might want to take a rest somewhere every so often, and it would also be much harder, as pointed out, to spam as many weapons are prone to. I find the fatigue of the player could be an interesting addition to the game is all.

Locco said:
Feint spamming....Finally one way to put all those years of frenzy masturbation into practice.

Yeah, imagine being observed from behind whilst playing Warband with Kinect and you are shouting stuff like: "Yeah, that's it! Feel the thrust of my mighty polearm, *****!" in the heat of battle.

Back
Top Bottom