You can craft weapons in the beta

Users who are viewing this thread

Do we know if there will be included any form of durability in the weapon system? Say if over the lifespan of your SP character and countless repair works to blades ect, that the use of the weapon is no longer sustainable and he/she might need several new weapons made.

When you enlarge the parts like the blade for example does its hitbox grow too, or does it currently clip through?
I didn't try to hit anything so I am not sure but I guess so game uses physics based combat engine it did effect the swords stats, once I enlarged its blade it swing speed got a lot slower

Last edited:
The changes are related to crafting materials. Previously you just had to pay money, now you need to smelt weapons to get materials to craft with.
That's exciting to hear!

I hope for three things then:
1) That the amount of material in the weapons you smelt correlates to the size of the weapon so that we don't have to smelt 5 weapons to make 1
2) That we can use raw iron instead of weapons
3) That there is a "quality" to the weapon based on the materials we used

Will the only source of crafting materials in the game be trophy weapons? Is there a mining crisis in the world of Calradia?
Or just forgot mention the logical opportunity in terms of gameplay to just buy resources?

The changes are related to crafting materials. Previously you just had to pay money, now you need to smelt weapons to get materials to craft with.
Will both be possible or is it going to be able to work only by using smelted weapons, I really hope not I think we should be able to craft with iron we bought at the market.

now you need to smelt weapons to get materials to craft with

Its not like there is an iron shortage in Calradia

I hope you will consider "hidden" blueprints for really ornamental crafting parts to weapons, that can be found out only by ingratiating oneself with a specific clan, noble, faction, or whatever. There should be a rarity system to this in my opinion:smile:

I hope you will consider "hidden" blueprints for really ornamental crafting parts to weapons, that can be found out only by ingratiating oneself with a specific clan, noble, faction, or whatever. There should be a rarity system to this in my opinion:smile:
This should not be that kind of game there is no such thing as rarity you should be able to craft the weapon you like both aesthetically and stats wise you might make a slower weapon to add more range or a short but fast sword fit to your usage, this isn't some wizardry mobile rpg game this is a realistic open world medieval rig game with strategy elements get your head out of your ass and take a look at the beautiful world outside

This should not be that kind of game there is no such thing as rarity you should be able to craft the weapon you like both aesthetically and stats wise you might make a slower weapon to add more range or a short but fast sword fit to your usage, this isn't some wizardry mobile rpg game this is a realistic open world medieval rig game with strategy elements get your head out of your ass and take a look at the beautiful world outside
And in a realistic open world medieval rpg game, not everyone should know how to craft the most beautiful and well-made weapons. Perhaps you should take your head out of your ass, there's nothing controversial or non-realistic about my suggestion. Historical records show that nobles would seek out specific blacksmith and goldsmiths to craft and smith special requests because the specific blacksmiths and goldsmiths in question would be the only ones skilled enough and with the knowledge of how to do what the nobles required. Not every single blacksmith in all of Calradia would be at the same skill level.

And in a realistic open world medieval rpg game, not everyone should know how to craft the most beautiful and well-made weapons. Perhaps you should take your head out of your ass, there's nothing controversial or non-realistic about my suggestion. Historical records show that nobles would seek out specific blacksmith and goldsmiths to craft and smith special requests because the specific blacksmiths and goldsmiths in question would be the only ones skilled enough and with the knowledge of how to do what the nobles required. Not every single blacksmith in all of Calradia would be at the same skill level.
there is a crafting skill that probably unlocks certain possibilities one of the perks of that tree was being able to mix parts of different cultures so skill limits this and possibly some other things but I think if a character knows how to blacksmith he can manage to shape the blade of his sword to his liking, in Warband there were qualities like chipped, balanced, masterwork, etc. skill might effect weapon in that aspect but that's it I think you understood wrong when they said weapon crafting take a look at the videos, weapons will not have major superiorities to one another this isn't a game where you make common rare, epic, legendary weapons you simply make them to your own liking longer blade, maybe straight, or a little curved, maybe curved all the way, a round pommel, or a horse shaped one, long grip, short grip that kind of thing, a special sword maybe an heirloom if you want a colorful magical legendary sword go play dungeon ****er or something

I'm not going to continue this discussion with someone who doesn't understand English properly. You're clearly underage and you clearly didn't understand my suggestion, you saw "rarity" and went completely insane.

Back
Top Bottom