Can the completeness of the game content of "Mount and Blade 2" surpass "Mount and Blade" in ten years?

Users who are viewing this thread

Tulga9076

Veteran
I remain pessimistic about this issue. Although the game volume of Mount and Blade 2 is much larger than Mount and Blade 1, in three years I have not seen the rich and colorful game content, such as marriage, diplomacy, and lords. Character... These contents should have been completed during beta testing, but TaleWorlds has not been completed. Moreover, TaleWorlds does not give players a substantial direction for the future. The content of Mount and Blade 2 is now very monotonous and boring.:sad:

Different times, different economies, different everything. We already have marriage video clips, nice enough plus others will be added probably. We will get late game content - Dip, feasts, assassins, spies etc but probably from modders, I doubt TW has the resources anymore. Once a group of modders releases a cool new scenario - GOT, LOTR or WH, all the old timers will come running back.

In ten years maybe yes, that's why I bought the game in first place. Its glory days will start in 7-8 years from now, when modders make old wonders come through. At this point, I think most of the people who knew the old game are past the point where they can rely on TW for actually doing anything.

To me it already seems like Bannerlord is more complete than Warband.

For warband the base game is very bare bones. I find myself referring to "vanilla" in my head when I was actually going back and playing a Mod (Floris Evolved, technically a collection of several mods) and only considering it as vanilla because it was the most basic mod I played, still using the base map, factions, etc.

I have only played the actual base game Warband once after having started down the Mod path... and it is so basic that I will probably never do it again. This is the main reason I keep putting off using Mods in Bannerlord... I know that once I start... there is no going back :lol:

Now if you are referring to complete "with mods," then yeah, that could take 10+ years.

I recall one of my favorite Warband mods, Novas Aetas, not working properly because I had a newer version of Warband that the mod had not been updated for. It is always a shame when mods stop being supported. I am very strongly tempted to wait until Bannerlord stops being updated before I start playing around with mods 🤷‍♂️

Novas Aetas, by the way, had an incredibly fun colony building minigame using TaleWorld's in-game map builder (normally not accessible while you play a campaign). There were also social classes, religions, crusades, peasant mini-games (mining, farming, hunting, etc.). Also, you could also build a limited number of castles anywhere on the map, no need to conquer others to start your own kingdom. So many more roleplay possibilities galore. It blew my mind :shock:.

Literally just implement the top 20 most popular mods and call it a day, that's all they'd have to do.
The work that modders do in their spare time is hard with devs, just make a tweak and let everyone setting their game at will.
I remember when I play medieval dynasty, 6s to make a hand knife and if u want to make 30, it will cost you 3mins. but also there is an option called "fast crafting" u can make whatever number in the same time as one, using it or not the devs let you decide. I hope this game will have a tweak like that, allow us to tailor our gameplay a bit

The work that modders do in their spare time is hard with devs, just make a tweak and let everyone setting their game at will.
I remember when I play medieval dynasty, 6s to make a hand knife and if u want to make 30, it will cost you 3mins. but also there is an option called "fast crafting" u can make whatever number in the same time as one, using it or not the devs let you decide. I hope this game will have a tweak like that, allow us to tailor our gameplay a bit
Sounds good. I'd love to get into mod creations but my ADHD won't allow it 😂
I'd love a Skull Knight armor set from Berserk

10 years from now, there should be a large modding community that allows the game to reach its potential. Feasts for example, have already been modded. I would imagine that mods like Kingdoms of Arda (perhaps the most hyped mod) would be released and mature by then.

At that point, I would imagine that Taleworlds will have a new game. Maybe Mount and Blade 3.

Console players will be lucky to get dlcs at this point. They backed out for warband, why not this one? I've dropped getting mods on console at this point. We'll be next gen by the time this game has everything that was "promised".

Back
Top Bottom