Would Surgery and/or Tactics help my Future Lords?

Users who are viewing this thread

GJScarritt

Squire
I'm in the process of skilling up those companions of mine who I eventually plan on making my Lords when I start my own kingdom, and I'm at the point where I'm building up extra skill points.  Currently, I'm leveling up their Pathfinding (so they move faster on their own) and training (they won't be applying alot of training points once they go it alone, but every little bit helps currently).

What other Party/Leadership skills will benefit them when they become Lords?  Do AI battles take into account the leader's Surgery/Tactics/Leadership skills?  On leadership, I've read conflicting opinions, some say they use Leadership skill to build larger armies (yet you can't give them more Leadership points).  First Aid wouldn't help much since they will be the only Hero in the party while Wound Treatment wouldn't be that effective since they always head back home after a successful battle anyway.

Engineering?  They don't tend to do many sieges on their own (unless I make them the Marshall).  Spotting?  That's a maybe, but would it be as vital as the other choices?  Persuasion/Inventory/Prisoner and Trade are no brainers to leave alone for those future Lords.

Engineering is also good for faster building improvements in castle/towns/villages etc, but I've never seen a lord's village with a manor so...I guess it's useless.
Pathfinding is good since they lose troops faster (even elite troops) and they're constantly recruiting new troops (recruits) that moves slower than the elites.
I've tested surgery on my own lords and without surgery in a 100vs100 battle they usually lose 40-50 troops.
With srugery skill at 5 (that's 5x4% 20% less troops lost) they lose like 25-30 troops...So yea it helps.
Wound treatment would help them to heal 20% faster, which is also helpful (not to many points in it though)
Tactics would help them in a smaller manner cuz the battle is auto calculated which we know it's broken so they'll kinda lose the battle advantage gained by tactics.
Other skills like ironflesh, weapon master, power strike, archery, horse archery, power draw...use them at your own chose. I hope this helped.

Yes, thank you, it does help.  Looks like I'll give em Surgery (anything that'll help em survive longer).  I already gave them the basics in the fighting stats (plus they've all got really good armour and such).

Back
Top Bottom