[WNL6] Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlini said:
If GWB win us in week 4, they're still gonna get potentially another hard opponent in week 5, same with the following weeks.

Are-You-Not-Entertained-Gladiator.gif

Gibby Jr said:
Watly said:
Or we can go back to the pick system that gave us the legendary AE vs Agincourt finals. :fruity: :fruity: :fruity:

Or use the refined WPL2 system which put the clear 8 best teams through? This system seems fine so there's not a huge need to change it; GP will just get a low BHS if they keep getting weak opponents so the system will balance itself out.

Part of the reason we wanted a ladder was to give every team a chance to play at their skill level and to actually have some meaning in the first part of the tournament. I think we could all guess the top 8 teams and just have a separate knockout tournament if we wanted, but that leads to an unexciting scene of the same tournament again and again. The KO stage is smaller so there's some actual competition for the spots, rather than just ECS4.

m1tchell23 said:
If it's any consolation greed you wouldn't win anyways

Ugh ur annoying me... stop talking ****, ur petty insults are getting old, unlike u. Grow up. U could also try not acting like a backstabbing little ***** but we all know thats not gonna happen.

Curious about an answer to my question though, doesnt seem fair.

AnchorTheMean said:
Whenever you post anything on the forums you always run the risk of getting absolutely savaged by OGL. You should know better by now Fietta.

That's actually true. He's a loser though, both mentally and physically. All a bit of a laugh though in the end innit

Hey!, I'm extremely disappointed with the date chosen for the WNL6, so much so that I'm unable to participate for the rest of the tournament. I understand that the tournament should be short, however, you've literally placed half the tournament in January. A lot of people from the ages of 16 to 21 who're in full-time education (GCSE, A-Level, Degree) have exams (Including resits). The Warband community is mainly made up of this age group and I thought that there will be a delay till February to accommodate for people's exams. I understand making a tournament shorter, but currently we're not waiting for anything in particular, it's just cool to have it shorter. Delaying the tournament till after the exam period would put less stress on the Warband addicts and make it more enjoyable for these people. The tournament wont be known for it's "extremely long delays" because it's for a good reason (unlike NC). I'm not asking for it to be changed for this tournament, but future tournaments should delay for exam periods (January and June). I'm very upset that I'll not be playing for my team for the rest of the tournament, but I'm sure that when the tournament was set up, they were unaware of the exam period.

P.S. Still not too late.

I agree with you, the tournament falls on a busy time for most people, but what really was the alternative? After the Warband Summer Cup, which finished in early October, the scene was delayed for a couple of weeks in anticipation of the BladeCast tournament which was delayed because of potential sponsors. When that became clear it was early November, so we had the choice of not hosting a tournament at all or trying to squeeze one in now before Nations Cup, which traditionally starts around late Feburary.

It's a shame the time of the year might stop or has stopped some players from participating, but in the end a tournament is still better than no tournament and risking the scene to shrink even further than it has because of NC'17. I wish you the best of luck for your upcoming exams and hope to see you back for the next tournament! :smile:

I second what Fietta is saying. Generally January is a busy month for most students; I, like many others I'm sure, have exams and will struggle to play in the tournament (not that I was anyway). No one wants to host a Nation's Cup and there's no news of one. So many people would rather continue with the WNL at a suitable time rather than waiting to see if there's another NC.

We're not putting the whole tournament on hold because some people may have exams. I understand that it's not ideal if you do have exams but in the end you only need to play one match on a Sunday most weeks which is hardly a massive commitment.

Putting the whole scene on hold because some people have exams or a limited availability to play would be damaging and silly. There will be plenty more tournaments once your exams have finished.

Deacon Barry said:
We're not putting the whole tournament on hold because some people may have exams. I understand that it's not ideal if you do have exams but in the end you only need to play one match on a Sunday most weeks which is hardly a massive commitment.

Putting the whole scene on hold because some people have exams or a limited availability to play would be damaging and silly. There will be plenty more tournaments once your exams have finished.

Some being the majority. You know that the tournament is very competitive and teams play 3+ scrims a week. It's not damaging if you're literally accommodating for the majority of the scene, I think your reply was very unpleasant. Just because you can't see if people have exams doesn't mean they don't (because they probably do), probably some of your admins have exams too. Hint hint. I mean, you think seeing people play less and get stressed for exams will make a better tournament than delaying it for a month when the majority of the community is refreshed from the stress of exams?, believe that's odd. Not attempting to be an *******, I just don't understand the reasoning to not delay?

_Osiris_ said:
i would have thought most players would be over 21 by now o_O ive seen the same faces for 6 odd years :razz:

Hey I'm 19.

Fietta said:
Deacon Barry said:

Some being the majority. You know that the tournament is very competitive and teams play 3+ scrims a week. It's not damaging if you're literally accommodating for the majority of the scene, I think your reply was very unpleasant. Just because you can't see if people have exams doesn't mean they don't (because they probably do), probably some of your admins have exams too. Hint hint. I mean, you think seeing people play less and get stressed for exams will make a better tournament than delaying it for a month when the majority of the community is refreshed from the stress of exams?, believe that's odd.

Delaying would be dumb; if you really want to invest yourself fully into the tournament alongside exams just get better at time management. There is plenty of time in each day to study and "train" if you really care enough to set yourself a routine. Alternatively, play less and enjoy the tourney alongside your work  :grin:

You are not the entire community. There are bad times for people all throughout the year, which is why every tournament is always made with a very manageable workload. I'm sure you're upset about not playing for FT but use it as an incentive to manage your opposing commitments better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom