Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scar

Prussian Immortal
Marquis
3duR2Is.png

SUGGESTIONS

Feel free to post your suggestions, ideas and questions regarding the Warband Native League here! For a more indepth discussion please open a seperate thread!

CarpeDiem said:
Wouldn't having quarter-finals be a tiny bit more exciting?
Bascially, the knockout stage is only in place as a stafety mechanism in case the ladder doesn't sort itself properly, so we don't end up with let's say the unsatisfying results we had in past tournaments. As we've written in the Introduction thread, with the Warband Native League we aim to provide a different tournament experience compared to for example the European Championship Series or the Nations Cup. Therefore we want to keep the knockout stage as short as possible, which in our case meant 2 matches at maximum.

We'll release more information on how the final stage of the tournament will play out shortly in the rules.

HKP said:
Why is desolation valley back? It's the most cancerous map we've ever had and like everyone hated it??
Menethil said:
Castellum should have been in the open map list and Desolation Valley should have been in vote list. Seems weird
We felt like the map pools of recent tournaments were going to much towards mixed maps, and closed and open maps kind of lost their identity. We had a rather long discussion within the admin team, and decided we want to give Desolation Valley one last chance. The hate for the map is pretty much based on one single, unfortunate match with an unbalanced faction setup. I'm confident it will play out nicely with decent faction setups. :smile:

I don't know how you are planning to decide the first weeks fixtures with a swiss style system but may i suggest a hype stream where you randomly draw the first matches for maximum excitement? rather than seeding

Love Desolation Valley, personally hate Castellum.
Dont think everyone hates Desolation that much tbh.

_Osiris_ said:
I don't know how you are planning to decide the first weeks fixtures with a swiss style system but may i suggest a hype stream where you randomly draw the first matches for maximum excitement? rather than seeding
Will discuss what can be done in that regard with the other admins! :smile:

Desolation Valley is one of the most unbalanced maps ever played in a tournament. Might as well play random plains

I remember Desolation Valley from WNL5 two years ago. Played it with my team back then 3 or 4 times, yet I can only say we had fun, tho we actually had fun on every map we played xD

Can't recall any bad experiences, but I'd really like to see "new" maps used in this tournament (as I'm pretty sure Desolation Valley hasn't been played since WNL5).

Maybe we can get some scrims organized with streams, so that everyone can get an impression, and play some sets on this with different fixtures? Most teams would have to train on this map anyway. Same goes with Legacy Plains, I've seen some screenshots and it kinda looked like a Random Plain  :grin:

Here you go Grafblade : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XSb_kj2xJw  first map is Desolation Valley

I think there should have been map submissions, there is new good maps popping up once in a while :smile:

Frosty battle could be decent if you block off the hills. It might be worth using this time before the tournament starts to make an investment in the scene and start revamping old maps. Could make some community livestreams where the chat can suggest changes to the map editor etc. Vendetta, Desert Town, Deso Valley and Frosty are all decent maps at their core and some minor changes can really help improve them and add more depth to the competitive scene.

Thanks for the link Firunien. Main thing that interests me now is how teams will play Desolation Valley with "Master of the Field" after 40 secs.  :ohdear:
Yep, probably cav rush :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom