Wishlist for Napoleonic Wars Commander Mode

Users who are viewing this thread

I am rather new to Napoleonic Wars and find myself participating in Commander Battles on a nightly basis. I really enjoy Commander Battles but find myself wishing I there were a few more features (a list of which follows).

I am interested to hear everyone's feedback and if I should expect any of these in a future update or must I wait for Battle Cry of Freedom to release?

-Square Formation: My infantry needs this to compete with Calvary charges.

-Attack Specific Unit: Need the ability to tell my men who to engage. Way too often my men continue to engage the first unit that came within their range even when being charged by another unit etc.

-Split Unit into Groups: Sub divide my men into 2-3 groups, giving them different orders like in campaign mode.

-Single Line Formation: Follow me in a straight line instead of in a wide line, this would help conceal my movements and reduce the times when units get trapped behind rocks/trees.

-Morale: Give men better accuracy when commander nearby to discourage Ramboing. Make them less accurate when under heavy fire etc.

Forming five rows and closing up the lines would be considered a square formation to me. Aiming on specific units is a good idea though. The rest of your points are pretty good points that commander battle need.

Horses should not be allowed to ram through a square formation or 5 deep line either. When commanded units are in these formations, the horses should stop and rear up as if they are confronting an in game obstacle like a tree. Which is the way they would react in an actual battle.

I also love to play commander mode. All of these sound great especially the Square formation my troops always get destroyed by cav.

Back
Top Bottom