OSP Code Combat [WIP] Auto-Firing weapons mod

lashatatu

Recruit
Best answers
downloaded 1.171 module system everything ren fine but it didn't make changes in-game or in any files.

can you help me with this or point to the 1.174 module system couldn't find it

Eärendil the Mariner

Subforum Moderator
WBWF&SM&B
Best answers
lashatatu said:
downloaded 1.171 module system everything ren fine but it didn't make changes in-game or in any files.

can you help me with this or point to the 1.174 module system couldn't find it
The 1.171 module system is the last version, the update to 1.174 only included some steam fix which didn't affect the game itself.

Madundwa

Recruit
Best answers
Sorry to disturb you. Is there a mod with those machine gun crossbows? I can't even install python on my computer. got the files python 2.7.3 but i do not know how to make it work in environment variables. when i get to module system it does not recognise my python. I am really desperate the auto crossbow looks fun. Help Pleeeaaasee!!!!

Eärendil the Mariner

Subforum Moderator
WBWF&SM&B
Best answers
Madundwa said:
Sorry to disturb you. Is there a mod with those machine gun crossbows? I can't even install python on my computer. got the files python 2.7.3 but i do not know how to make it work in environment variables. when i get to module system it does not recognise my python. I am really desperate the auto crossbow looks fun. Help Pleeeaaasee!!!!
Here is a very well written guide for how to get Python to work:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,240255.0.html
If you fail at one step, make a comment there with a description of what is happening ^^

Bug_Struggler

Recruit
Best answers
I have been working with this WIP OSP auto-firing weapons code for such a long time, using Warband 1.174, newest module_system but I still haven't finished because of some problems I have encountered and still hasn't solved.

I have also found some mods:
- The Reckoning,
- The Red Wars,
- SWC: The New Order,
- Turmoil Across Stars,

which are also using Auto-Firing Weapons feature.

Now, going straight to my questions (working with this script on my first Single Player Mod):

1) The Script IS working, my hero is shooting auto-fire but it is VERY HARD AND DIFFICULT to hit any AI enemy. What should I do to reduce spreading of bullets? I mean, I would like to achieve the same effect to this video on site:

moddb (.) com/mods/turmoil-across-the-stars/videos/autofire-testing - as you can see at 00:38, when player is shooting, his projectiles are going STRAIGHT FORWARD.

2) The bullets I am using are cartridges from Native module. When I am shooting auto-fire, the bullets ARE NOT VISIBLE. I would like to make them more visible. What is the best way to achieve it and HOW to achieve it?

Thank you all, who are still reading this topic and I hope someone will be able to help me in 2019. I would paste the link to the video but the site says I am not allowed to :smile:

FlintDantrin

Recruit
Best answers
I am not very smart when it comes to coding, but I'm a little confused on where to actually add these. I know the file but in terms of where to put it, does it go at the beginning or the end or somewhere else?

Edit: I saw an answer for this; however, I am not entirely sure if i have to run the module again after implementing these changes so I did. I get syntax errors for both Scripts and Mission_Templates. Reading through, I have seen others have an issue with these two, but no answers. How exactly do I implement these into their respective files on notepad?

dcmmivan123

Recruit
Best answers
hello im a newbie and i have an obsession with try to make a crossbow auto fire(purely for fun) since i saw a video on youtube a guy shooting a crossbow with fully auto and no recoil in native. it got me couple of day try to mod it out(im not a modder or anything), i did everything in this post said but my crossbow only shoot semi_auto. i even download other mod that have auto weapon to see where they put the code in but doesnt work. please help!!!