Will the game have a bit of voice acting,for the npc lords,general chatter etc.?

Users who are viewing this thread

A question for the developers:
Will there be more voice acting for the NPC-s in the game?I am of course not asking for a lord to say something along the lines of : Greetings,( EXACT PLAYER NAME) because that is obviously impossible to make,but more along the lines of more general voice acting,something like npc-s in the city having a talk amongst themselves,and lords saying stuff that makes sort of sense when you greet them,for example if you have bad relations with a lord he will say...idk...maybe : What now ? or You again? whilst lords that you have good relations with,their voice lines will be more friendly,so they would greet you with:Greetings friend! or something like that,if you need a prime example for a game that does this decently,it's Total war games,when you talk to a faction leader from the Diplomacy screen,you click on them,and based on what relations you have with their faction they will greet you in that manner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ6lHQ-8LiU  <-- Heres a example from Rome 2 from barbarians,when you approach their leaders,also used in Attila.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kUXr4iC8wQ  <--- Heres a example from Rome 2 from eastern factions.

Bannerlord is supposed to be a sequel to Warband,and along with the many new features that are truly new,weapon crafting being one of my favorites,i think that sounds,general voice acting,ambient sounds really would give the player a strong push to get even more immersed in the game,and make the game feel more alive,and responsive.

yAdGCor.png

HEH??

Honestly voice acting to me is very finicky, you either get it right and it's great or you get it wrong and it's atrocious, there's very little margin for error.

So I rather have no voice acting at all than bad voice acting, and I don't think TW can really pull off good full voice acting, in many languages and all that.

And while it's nice (when done properly, with good voice actors), it doesn't really adds all that much, it's pretty much just extra fluff, I'd rather they dedicate resources to things that really matter.

Though really I have no idea if they did add full voice acting or not, I don't remember seeing it being mentioned anywhere at least.

Think of the vast number of NPCs Bannerlord is going to have. They would need a prohibitive number of voice actors, and indeed they would all have to be really good for it to add to the immersion, otherwise it's actually a detriment. The amount of work and cost required just isn't worth it. 

You can generally get away with around 5 voice actors and a few dozen unobtrusive soundbites for background talk to work well. The problem usually comes when certain soundbites are coded to play in specific scenarios, so if your playstyle favours that scenario you might hear some soundbites way more often. This was a problem in Rome II Total War which has pretty good background voices most of the time but they're too situational.

General chatter would work wonders in battles and especially in the court because in warband it's just a bunch of guys doing identical goku stances in a silent dark room.

Well, Skyrim had maybe around a dozen voice actors for NPC dialogues and I thought that it was very noticeable that many characters thus shared the same voice. I feel that voice acting for Bannerlord would be in the same situation as Skyrim, where the actors not only have to represent different cultures (as in Total War), but also different characters with different personalities.

Probably not. If I'm wrong, I would prefer one like Freelancer (space "simulator") has. Only introduction speaking with dynamic camera movement interrupted with textbox for quests. That keeps things moddable, but gives a sense of conversation.

I would be happy if someone made a mod which would port Total war greeting voicelines for Bannerlord.Of course there would have to be alot if cutting but i don't think it's that hard..but that's to modders.

BIGGER Kentucky James XXL said:
General chatter would work wonders in battles and especially in the court because in warband it's just a bunch of guys doing identical goku stances in a silent dark room.

Hey, I loved that. I never wanted my court to be colorful and courtsy. Just grim and dark/frostbitten.

I'd hate Bannerlord having the same kind of voice acting as Skyrim. I feel like there are only like 3 voice actors in the game. It gets very annoying to hear the same voice every time.

It can be done poorly. I remebmer there was a woman talking on the same cutting voice and russian accent in every corner of Skyrim, but for me its console interface pulled over the PC version was the most annoying feature.

You know how a sea raider party or any bandit party says : THAT'S A NICE HEAD YOU HAVE ON YOUR SHOULDERS or the classic IT'S ALMOST HARVESTING SEASON.
I just want them to atleast have that for the lords,and other general citizen npc-s to have the same thing but based on your relation with them.Of course they would have to do a decent number of voice lines for the level of relation points you have with them,so it doesn't get too annoying and repetitive.I would never count on them to make full fledged voice acting or anything like that since they probably don't have the budget for that or time to be honest.
Plus that would add even more time to the development process.

Back
Top Bottom