Will server hosting tools have class limits by the release window?

Users who are viewing this thread

flashn00b

Sergeant at Arms
See thread title, cuz I think with the game's current balancing, it'd be great if server hosts can impose limits on how many archers or cavalry can be in your team. As for vanilla TaleWorlds servers, I'd like to think 25% archer and 50% cavalry would be within reason for default class limits.

See thread title, cuz I think with the game's current balancing, it'd be great if server hosts can impose limits on how many archers or cavalry can be in your team. As for vanilla TaleWorlds servers, I'd like to think 25% archer and 50% cavalry would be within reason for default class limits.
Are you serious with 50% cavalry? Really?

Are you serious with 50% cavalry? Really?
At least cavalry can actually be countered in most situations. Also, Cavalry's actually the worst unit to play in Captain while horsemen are expensive enough to the point of impracticality in Skirmish.

And since TaleWorlds' servers on the server browser are Siege and TDM anyways, you'd be hard-pressed to consistently spawn as a cavalry unit due to costing 200 gold for light cav (180 for Khuzait, 220 for Battania) and 300 gold for heavy cav. Archers IMO should be more harshly limited since this is a medieval game, and Gundam Evolution exists if i wanna play a shooter instead.

But i think for the purposes of TaleWorlds' Siege and TDM servers, i think 50% cav would be reasonable due to how hard it is to obtain horses, while custom servers running Battle or Skirmish can afford to adjust to taste. The main idea i have is that the option to adjust class limits should be there in the first place, with TaleWorlds servers being more of a "default value" setting.

Last edited:
To be honest, with current gold generation, it's easier to play as light cavalry than as heavy infantry while light cavalry is way way better class.
But yeah, if it's sliders between 0% and 100%, there could be discussion about sane defaults. Without it, it's counter-strike on siege.

Back
Top Bottom