Will PoP be going to Bannerlord?

Users who are viewing this thread

I wonder how long after Bannerlord is released, that we'll start seeing mods like PoP for it? I didn't play Warband when it was first released, so I'm not sure how long these things tend to take when the mods start filtering into a new game like that.

"These things" tend to take a long time and that is why some people already started modding Bannerlord
http://www.moddb.com/mods?filter=t&kw=&released=&genre=&theme=&players=&game=19261

Ulticane said:
Maybe they are getting some kind of early access like some people did for the Skyrim Special addition?
This is the only thing that could explain it.
Although I've never heard of any Bannerlord early accesses...
Unless it was some kind of private message... like "I am so and so, here is my portfolio, I would like to make a BL mod, so could you please share your human models so that I could start working on items..."

Right now, the current answer is no.

We don't even have a release date for Bannerlord, so I don't know how you could ask this question when it's a completely different beast than Warband.

MitchyMatt said:

We don't even have a release date for Bannerlord, so I don't know how you could ask this question when it's a completely different beast than Warband.

I've been hearing this summer. They did say it was being released in "2017" for sure. But summer seems to be the popular speculation....its still speculation, but yeah.  I don't think they'd wait until the end of 2017 to release it. I suspect June or July....maybe August, but definitely before September.  They are already upset that they missed their 2016 release target.

By the way, its already up on Steam, just no preorder or price up yet. That *usually* means a release date is imminent.

Kelefane said:
MitchyMatt said:

I've been hearing this summer. They did say it was being released in "2017" for sure. But summer seems to be the popular speculation....its still speculation, but yeah.  I don't think they'd wait until the end of 2017 to release it. I suspect June or July....maybe August, but definitely before September.  They are already upset that they missed their 2016 release target.

By the way, its already up on Steam, just no preorder or price up yet. That *usually* means a release date is imminent.

That is very very optimistic. Since the moment their main engine dev departed, it all rolled back a lot and things are going slower.

If i was told to pick a date for its release, it will certainly not be in 2017 (very luckily we may get some early version in nov-dec, but I really doubt it). Its sad I know, but its sadder to think such thing. Sure, positivism is good & so, but up to a point... Saying it'll be released in June is (almost) fantasy.

Ralyks18 said:
Kelefane said:
MitchyMatt said:

That is very very optimistic. Since the moment their main engine dev departed, it all rolled back a lot and things are going slower.

If i was told to pick a date for its release, it will certainly not be in 2017 (very luckily we may get some early version in nov-dec, but I really doubt it). Its sad I know, but its sadder to think such thing. Sure, positivism is good & so, but up to a point... Saying it'll be released in June is (almost) fantasy.

The Bannerlord devs themselves are the ones that said "2017 for sure" - I'm not sure why they'd paint themselves into a corner like that if they wasn't for sure? When they made that announcement, it was in February of THIS year. 

Last I heard, the base game is finished. They are just putting some finishing touches on it and AI tweaks, etc.

All you have to do is google it. Its definitely coming out this year. I'd wager sooner rather then later. Its why a lot predict this summer.

....the game is already up on Steam as I said. That usually means something is imminent.

Leonion said:
I wonder what they're modding having 0 assets from Bannerlord...

There are several youtube videos that you can search for that state Bannerlord will have total conversion mods up day 1 of its release. How? Who knows. But mods will be ready to go day 1.

No one knows how the modding platform for Bannerlord will work. It's silly to presume to know anything about BL when it can be released a year from now or next week. Anything can change.

MitchyMatt said:
I don't know how you could ask this question when it's a completely different beast than Warband.

It's just hope, dreams and wishes.
That's what you get from creating a mod as awesome as this.

Kelefane said:
Ralyks18 said:
Kelefane said:
MitchyMatt said:

The Bannerlord devs themselves are the ones that said "2017 for sure" - I'm not sure why they'd paint themselves into a corner like that if they wasn't for sure? When they made that announcement, it was in February of THIS year. 

Last I heard, the base game is finished. They are just putting some finishing touches on it and AI tweaks, etc.

All you have to do is google it. Its definitely coming out this year. I'd wager sooner rather then later. Its why a lot predict this summer.

....the game is already up on Steam as I said. That usually means something is imminent.

I insist, mark my words, its not going to be in Q2 nor Q3 of this year. There is a slim chance that something might come out (but i doubt it) late Q4.

But please, dont be fooled into thinking such fantasies. Talesworld did speak about a beta late 2016 and nothing. "TaleWorlds Entertainment saying beta testing would begin by the end of 2016 during an E3 2016 Twitch stream." The hype was built in reddit, but it resulted in a big disappointment as days were passing by and there was no announcement from the company at all.

I'll grab some more info so that you stop spreading this nonsense: "There is a slight glimmer of hope though, that Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord will come out in 2017, which was mentioned as a potential release window by the team during an E3 2016 Twitch stream. The studio has gone dark since then though, so perhaps 2018 is a more realistic window."

Sorry to be harsh (if i was) but saying these dates to the public is just building up hype again for nothing. Lets be less optimistic and more realistic.

Ralyks18 said:
Kelefane said:
Ralyks18 said:
Kelefane said:
MitchyMatt said:

I insist, mark my words, its not going to be in Q2 nor Q3 of this year. There is a slim chance that something might come out (but i doubt it) late Q4.

But please, dont be fooled into thinking such fantasies. Talesworld did speak about a beta late 2016 and nothing. "TaleWorlds Entertainment saying beta testing would begin by the end of 2016 during an E3 2016 Twitch stream." The hype was built in reddit, but it resulted in a big disappointment as days were passing by and there was no announcement from the company at all.

I'll grab some more info so that you stop spreading this nonsense: "There is a slight glimmer of hope though, that Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord will come out in 2017, which was mentioned as a potential release window by the team during an E3 2016 Twitch stream. The studio has gone dark since then though, so perhaps 2018 is a more realistic window."

Sorry to be harsh (if i was) but saying these dates to the public is just building up hype again for nothing. Lets be less optimistic and more realistic.

I didn't say any "for sure dates". I said its speculation that it will be released during the Summer at some point. And I think its as fair of a guess as any.

fc6074b23f1a21b8024b3002db7a1bfb__980x.jpg

Back
Top Bottom