Why WoW is hated?

Users who are viewing this thread

Who the **** pays fifteen bucks a month so they can get ground? I mean, seriously. All you do is kill monsters, get money, craft something here and there, whatever. It's not fun. There's no variety.

The funny thing is how thin the line between Mount & Blade and WoW is according to your definition of a crap game.

God bless the superior combat system!  :grin:

Pjoo said:
In many forums, I can see much negative talk about World of Warcraft if someone mentions it. Usually it is not explained in any way, some times by "monthy costs". Then, if someone mentions games like Everquest or EVE online(or some other game with monthly cost), it doesn't start people to insult that game. I have played it in my friend and I find if fun and better than many other games witch have monthly cost.
Why World of Warcraft is so hated?

Well, I played it from day 1 hoping it would come through on all the pvp it promised, alot of people left DAoC for WoW thinking it would be the next big thing in RvR style pvp games, but despite all the b.s. none of it ever materialized, and it turned into eq2. That said, it has alot of good points and it's an incredibly well designed game by MMO standards. I suspect anything this popular draws alot of hate, deserved or not. It's sort of become the AOL of MMO games lol.

Nobody said:
Pjoo said:
In many forums, I can see much negative talk about World of Warcraft if someone mentions it. Usually it is not explained in any way, some times by "monthy costs". Then, if someone mentions games like Everquest or EVE online(or some other game with monthly cost), it doesn't start people to insult that game. I have played it in my friend and I find if fun and better than many other games witch have monthly cost.
Why World of Warcraft is so hated?

Well, I played it from day 1 hoping it would come through on all the pvp it promised, alot of people left DAoC for WoW thinking it would be the next big thing in RvR style pvp games, but despite all the b.s. none of it ever materialized, and it turned into eq2. That said, it has alot of good points and it's an incredibly well designed game by MMO standards. I suspect anything this popular draws alot of hate, deserved or not. It's sort of become the AOL of MMO games lol.

the AOL of MMO games?

EVIL!!! EVILNESS!!  :twisted:

WoW has ruined ALL of my friends who used to talk to me all the time and play fun games such as Counter Strike or Dystopia. Now they are merely ghosts as they are always 'too busy' to talk to me because of WoW.

WoW is the devil for stealing my friends, WoW is the devil for ruining their lives.

Indeed, I've heard that a couple of parents played WoW so often that they left their children to suffocate and die in the car or something, which is extremely horrible.

People like that would've left their children to suffocate while they were watching tv or playing pool.

ye lol ive heard about this china kid who died of dehydration playing WoW omg thats hilarious
and WoW is boring as hell spending most times of the day waiting for dudes to come online so you actually do something everytime i died i logged off cos the walk back to youre corpse is so ****ing boring and not to forget all those maggic popping gnomes riding on iron dino's wtf? this game must hvae some brainwash feature i cant image some 50 year dude playing it 20 hours a day

i played for 6 months and only cos i didnt want to throw my prepaid days away but the gameis lame ass hell

I currently have a subscription to World of Warcraft but I haven't been playing much at all recently. Right now, I'm just waiting for the expansion back called The Burning Crusade to be released as well as the "Player-versus-Player" patch. Both are aiming to make the game much easier to get right into and play. For example, the PvP patch is adding cross-realm battlegrounds which means players from certain realms will be able to play with players of other realms. This should greatly reduce the queue time for Battlegrounds so one can get into the action much faster. On the other hand, The Burning Crusade is adding many high-end smaller-scale dugeons for players not willing or able to get together for 40-man dungeon events. This should mean less waiting and more action.

Also, the "honor" system is being revamped from the current competitive ladder system (which is a ***** to climb to the upper levels and once there you need to maintain your 25 hours a day of playtime to keep the rank) to more of a points currency system. A lot of information about The Burning Crusades' features has been released recently so I suggest just googling around if you're interested.

I'm not addicted to World of Warcraft at all. I was for about a week but I'm like that with any great game that comes out.

I really like World of Warcraft because it is just fun to play. I played EverQuest awhile back and eventually it becomes more like work than a game. World of Warcraft somehow subdues that feeling.

Hopefully The Burning Crusade will be a step in the right direction and I'm looking forward to its release.

I've played the majority of MMOs on the Western Market at one point or another and I've definately invested the most time into World of Warcraft of all. I've played Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest, EverQuest 2, Asheron's Call, Asheron's Call 2, Irth Online, Lineage, Lineage 2, Dark Ages of Camelot, Ultima Online, and Guild Wars just to name a couple :wink:. Of course I haven't played all listed for extended periods of time. Mostly I give it a good go and if I'm not satisfied within a week or two (say at least 14-30 hours game time) then I uninstall and cancel the subscription.

I bought WoW and a thirty day game card just to try and see what was so special about it, and so far I can barely convince myself to play it, since it's really just solid grind.  The whole time, I just want to keep going back to Puzzle Pirates, but I don't want to have multiple payed game accounts, so I'm waiting for my WoW sub to expire to go back (Thankfully, Puzzle Pirates has a free play option so I can still satisfy the itch).

thing about games like world of warcraft, which most who play arent aware of, is that there is basically no progression at all.

I played it when it first came out, but once my brother and i both got to about level 30 and realized we were doing EXACTLY the same collect or deliver quests and killing basically the same monsters that we were at level 1, 5, 10 or whichever, but the difficulty (read, d.p.s and hitpoints of enemies) had increased, we stopped wasting our time and started spending our time and money more wisely.

It is really is as simple as that. You go into the game, and apart from the lame pvp and item-gathering of the post-level60 gameplay, you're doing EXACLTY the same thing the whole way through. The environments change, but you're still killing the same stupid charge-at-you-and-then-die enemies and delivering packages or collecting 30 pieces of random-item, or killing the ever so bad respawning boss-type. man.

I remember back in the good old days of ultima online, you'd make a new character, go to the graveyard and fight some skeletons, you'd get talking to some stronger guy (there was no lame 'level' system so you had not much idea how stronger other than his gear, unless he had a grandmaster skill, where you could see it in his title box, but it only) and he might help you get some equipment and maybe even go off and fight monsters together. If you got bored, you could just go to another town and do some npc quests, or just go for a wander and kill random orcs and crap along the road, you might find yourself meeting some other dudes and going on an adventure. There was freedom, freedom to play as you pleased, freedom to do as you please. You didn't even have to swing a blade at another moving thing, ever, yet you could still be apart of a big guild, take up a trade and make alot of money and friends.
Where-as in WoW, if you want to take up a trade, you have to still level, therefor 'grind' and fight monsters, in able to make anything decent. And if you want to be a REALLY good tradesman, you have to spend hours and hours levelling up your character in able to spend even more time making items over and over to get craftskill.

I remember my guild in UO used to often sit about our guild-tower, people making ****, others sparring for skill, others talking, and people would come and go. In WoW, you come online, PM in a cheesy text-box asking where-it's-at in order to go off and kill random **** to get stronger to kill harder random **** together.

It's just lame. No depth, no soul, no character. It's a formula, which hooks, and addicts. It's 'good' at hooking people. It's not a 'good' mmorpg.

But whatever, spend your time how you may, cowboys :smile:

ps. they didnt turn the trolls into 'long tusked crack addicts'. they turned them into islander/tribal types, with a carribbean accent. What the **** has that to do with crack?
If in reference to rastamen, they smoke herb, and clean organic herb too, as it is a gift from god, and a holy thing, not because they are addicted (well, alot of them are probably psychologically addicted after many years of smoking, but they're happy, health, productive and spiritual people, so they're bettermen than most i know :smile: ) as mary-jane is not chemically addictive nor is it comparable to cocaine at all.

manboy86 said:
ps. they didnt turn the trolls into 'long tusked crack addicts'. they turned them into islander/tribal types, with a carribbean accent. What the **** has that to do with crack?
If in reference to rastamen, they smoke herb, and clean organic herb too, as it is a gift from god, and a holy thing, not because they are addicted (well, alot of them are probably psychologically addicted after many years of smoking, but they're happy, health, productive and spiritual people, so they're bettermen than most i know :smile: ) as mary-jane is not chemically addictive nor is it comparable to cocaine at all.

Wouldn't be a jaded view there would it?  :wink:

Don't worry, my opinion is much the same as yours anyway...

manboy86 said:
I played it when it first came out, but once my brother and i both got to about level 30 and realized we were doing EXACTLY the same collect or deliver quests and killing basically the same monsters that we were at level 1, 5, 10 or whichever, but the difficulty (read, d.p.s and hitpoints of enemies) had increased, we stopped wasting our time and started spending our time and money more wisely.

With a FPS all you do is shoot and shoot and shoot again. Where is the progression in that? What you have to realise is that not everything is for everyone. If killing, looting, selling, killing isn't your thing then fair enough but there are elements of repetition in every game. It's just you don't mind some and dislike others.

With an FPS theres a story and a reason plus you get to play, here all you is click on a monster and wait till he dies

Games like Counter Strike don't have a story. All an FPS does is show how fast you can click your mouse after seeing someone and how accuratly you can click on at a certain point quickly.
I really don't see why people have such a big go at World of Warcraft. In my opinion it's only because it's succesful and all taht shows is that people are content with "Just clicking and watch the monster die". I know I am and that's fine. I don't have a go at FPSs because they are a reaction time test hidden in something cool. That's just how it is. Also World of Warcraft does have a stories, hundreds of small ones. If you want stories play Adventure games.

So? Oh wow, this game is more of a story than World of Warcraft so it must be better. The reason WoW is so popular is because it's accessable and a pick up and play game. Obvious you wouldn't get good soon but it's easy just to pick up from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom