SP - General Why the hell does villages have so many soldiers now ?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Dr-Shinobi

I mean come on! This is an good example why forums isnt constructive in some parts right now!

Just traveled thru some villages today. And blow my mind theres 144 militias at Uthelaim And alot of other small villages with 94+ in em.
If they where reg peasants i would be semi fine even if i would say **** that because peasants can fight in this game... but come on Militias?!?!

How do you suppose bandits now gonna be able to raid an village ?!
I really hope that this is a bug and if so then im sorry for this..
But since i saw some posts typing about more defenses and it seems to have come true... then i cant hold back!

So now if i want to play as an bandit gang i first need to raise an big army of men then buy **** ton of horses to be able to skirmish with em just to be able to raid some small village with barely no reward in the beginning with high risk... Good thinking right there!
This is a good example when people want certain kinds of easy mode ways but havent really thought longer then their own noses because they are to lazy to defend their ground!

Get some integrity TW and stop following people who just want handouts, think for your selves because youre ruining the game and time with that
This is the most exhausting part about EA because you cant just turn away enjoying the game to trust players without knowledge to not mess things up and diverting it towards an casual game, Then at the same time also be knowing that the devs want their best being nice and all

-1 in trust
Rant over and out

Last edited:
I do agree that it seems to have gotten a bit out of hand. The high number of villager troops seems to be a response to the way too many smal bandit parties.

Personally I think it would be better to reduce the number of bandit parties spawning, and reduce the ridiculous respawn rate of hideouts, alongside the villager troop counts. But to balance it out, take a cue from something like the Floris mod for warband and spawn bandit hero parties occasionally. Let these bandit heroes gather up other bandit parties and make them an actual threat to nobles/players which have to be dealt with.

I think this would fix a lot of things, as well as reducing the nuisance of SO many small bandit groups and give the occasional real threat/challenge.

You should probably be able to manage this... In mid-late game you have other things to do than hunt bandits...
When you're at War, you can't protect every villages every day, you can't have an eye on cities food supply every days...

It's good villages can't be raided by those little groups after a while... and peasants travelling on the worldmap should maybe travel with a few militia...

But it shouldn't be automatic.
This is something the lords should have to manage, probably by upgrading buildings such in cities (with choices, i.e more militia but less income, if you only have to UP all buildings to level 3 this is not management...)

I do agree that it seems to have gotten a bit out of hand. The high number of villager troops seems to be a response to the way too many smal bandit parties.

Personally I think it would be better to reduce the number of bandit parties spawning, and reduce the ridiculous respawn rate of hideouts, alongside the villager troop counts. But to balance it out, take a cue from something like the Floris mod for warband and spawn bandit hero parties occasionally. Let these bandit heroes gather up other bandit parties and make them an actual threat to nobles/players which have to be dealt with.

I think this would fix a lot of things, as well as reducing the nuisance of SO many small bandit groups and give the occasional real threat/challenge.

small bandit troops dont attack villages with 40-50 in em like it was before, its your enemies from what ive seen so far.Could be an larger bandit force perhaps but hey thats life... Also when youre ruling later you dont care if one village gets raided because youre rich anyways even if you have one castle with one small village or two, They will get repaired and up running again later anyways,

But with this bs i dont see a viable way to play as an bandit anymore because its ridiculous high risk for low reward so idk what else to do as an bandit now except to rob caravans...but those are later game and prob also buffed to oblivion because people was crying about loosing those to i guess. Rob civilians is the only thing now until then i guess

Last edited:
small bandit troops dont attack villages with 40-50 in em like it was before, its your enemies from what ive seen so far.Could be an larger bandit force perhaps but hey thats life... Also when youre ruling later you dont care if one village gets raided because youre rich anyways even if you have one castle with one small village or two, They will get repaired and up running again later anyways,

But with this bs i dont see a viable way to play as an bandit anymore because its ridiculous high risk for low reward so idk what else to do as an bandit now except to rob caravans...but those are later game and prob also buffed to oblivion because people was crying about loosing those to i guess. Rob civilians is the only thing now until then i guess
I don't see a bandit playthrough as viable at the moment anyway maybe once the gang stuff gets more fleshed out.
The addition of things like a black market being able to take over the gangs in a town etc.

I don't see a bandit playthrough as viable at the moment anyway maybe once the gang stuff gets more fleshed out.
The addition of things like a black market being able to take over the gangs in a town etc.

I had a really enjoyable bandit playthru with Alibaba and his 40 men down south also did one Robin Hood version and an Battanian Forrest Berserker King. But yeah im hoping for more later on. But until this **** is fixed with ridiculous villages im not gonna play anothe bandit playthru because its just stupid

I think this is good thing in long term for your kingdom, so you don't get sick of everywhere a.i keep raiding your village.

Yeah you only think about your Kingdom prince Valium
FHHpDf1.png

Did you get the same service in Warband...No! Heck you even had to build stuff in it to get you warned in time

Last edited:
I think this is good thing in long term for your kingdom, so you don't get sick of everywhere a.i keep raiding your village.
Villages should get raided i have no issue with it at all the mechanics around it do need balancing correctly though and that will take time.
Things like the ability to pay for patrols from your fiefs, bandit hideout spawn timers and too many small groups of looters/bandits that just clutter the map and don't actually add anything in terms of gameplay.
It can get a bit silly and i have seen way worse than this a few small groups and some larger groups would be much better imo.
74phbTh.jpg

Villages should get raided i have no issue with it at all the mechanics around it do need balancing correctly though and that will take time.
Things like the ability to pay for patrols from your fiefs, bandit hideout spawn timers and too many small groups of looters/bandits that just clutter the map and don't actually add anything in terms of gameplay.
It can get a bit silly and i have seen way worse than this a few small groups and some larger groups would be much better imo.
74phbTh.jpg

yes can agree on those statements to some degree. But dont take away to many bandits since they also add difficulty if you need to get yourself home after escaping from imprisonment or just if you lost to many troops asw as other situations. Also they have a tendansy to ambush you with more troops if you dont have your attention up

Last edited:
yes can agree on those statements. But dont take away to many bandits since they also add difficulty if you need to get yourself home after escaping from imprisonment and such and also other situations
Oh i wouldn't remove them just combine a lot of them into larger groups and leave just a few smaller ones less clutter that way.
And larger groups make sense for a noble to deal with as they are a threat to trade etc in your realm while smaller groups should be dealt with by the local militia/garrison patrols.
Could also have mechanics in place where if you don't deal with the larger groups more rebels will flock to their banner.
Leading to full on bandit armies that can actually take a town/castle.
Thinking along the lines of Spartacus and Eunus the slave turned monarch.

Oh i wouldn't remove them just combine a lot of them into larger groups and leave just a few smaller ones less clutter that way.
And larger groups make sense for a noble to deal with as they are a threat to trade etc in your realm while smaller groups should be dealt with by the local militia/garrison patrols.
Could also have mechanics in place where if you don't deal with the larger groups more rebels will flock to their banner.
Leading to full on bandit armies that can actually take a town/castle.
Thinking along the lines of Spartacus and Eunus the slave turned monarch.

some interesting ideas for sure and could be viable as long as there will be still small groups out on the country side now and then or where there isnt much villages. Perhaps by bridges and tigh areas lurking around

if this was intentional maybe it is a temporary fix until they can come up with or have time to devote to a more intelligent solution. Lords raid villages too often. War happens too often.

Villages should only be raided by poor starving parties. In this case they should only raid village long enough to gather a few supplies, not the full amount required to burn village. Only lords with cruel or devious traits should raid villages. Honorable lords should not.

Actions need to be reprioritized so party leaders focus more on hunting bandits and looters, recruiting and training. AI should simulate Lords completing quests. Why can’t they find someone’s missing daughter or guard a caravan. Patrol their own lands. Host feasts and join tournaments. In cold regions they should be home in the winter. Show some respect for planting and harvesting seasons, not raising huge armies during peace just to wander.

Instead lords are at times seemingly solely focused on burning my villages when I have **** to do. No party should be returning to burn the same village 3-4 times in a row. I defeat them, release, they come right back with only 20 recruits to burn my village. Do they not feel defeated? Are they not afraid to raid my village again and again?

These things all need to be addressed. Instead they take the easy solution that doesn’t make sense. 150 militia in a village, that should stop excessive raiding. Maybe, but it’s also nonsense and TW are avoiding the real problems for easy solutions. Those easy solutions are further breaking the game because TW are unwilling or unable to take full measures.

Last edited:
if this was intentional maybe it is a temporary fix until they can come up with or have time to devote to a more intelligent solution. Lords raid villages too often. War happens too often.

Villages should only be raided by poor starving parties. In this case they should only raid village long enough to gather a few supplies, not the full amount required to burn village. Only lords with cruel or devious traits should raid villages. Honorable lords should not.

Actions need to be reprioritized so party leaders focus more on hunting bandits and looters, recruiting and training. AI should simulate Lords completing quests. Why can’t they find someone’s missing daughter or guard a caravan. Patrol their own lands. Host feasts and join tournaments. In cold regions they should be home in the winter and have some respect for planting and harvesting seasons, not raising huge Aries armies during peace just to wander.

Instead lords are at times seemingly solely focused on burning my villages when I have **** to do. No party should be returning to burn the same village 3-4 times in a row. I defeat them, release, they come right back with only 20 recruits to burn my village. Do they not feel defeated? They they not afraid to raid my village again and again?

These things all need to be addressed. Instead they take the easy solution that doesn’t make sense. 150 militia in a village, that should stop excessive raiding. Maybe, but it’s also nonsense and TW are avoiding the real problems for easy solutions. Those easy solutions are further breaking the game because TW are unwilling or unable to take full measures.

So you want to break away the concept from warband ? Its some good arguments here but to take away tactics from war to divert problems where you dont want to attend to nor choose to defend is like taking away the very art of it

Problem is that in real life, if village got raided again and again, then everyone leave and no one want to live that village, therefold, there is no more village to raid because village go off hiding or other side of world, ect. Basic raid village should be very rare, not common, otherwise people move out and find other place where there isn't raiding area.

Problem is that in real life, if village got raided again and again, then everyone leave and no one want to live that village, therefold, there is no more village to raid because village go off hiding or other side of world, ect. Basic raid village should be very rare, not common, otherwise people move out and find other place where there isn't raiding area.
I agree with what you say here but this isn't real life looters and bandits are the early xp piniatas for the player and simply to add another element to the game.
And like a lot of things in the game currently there is a distinct lack of depth with a lot of tweaking balancing and adding still to be done.
Looters and bandits should become more rare as you reach a certain level as they are no longer needed for that early xp.
As i have said above i would remove the vast majority of small bands and replace them with the odd larger band which if left unchecked can cause major issues.
This has a real life history of happening with rebellions etc and would add more depth and meaning to them.
While the ability to send out patrols would add another money sink and keep your lands clearer of the small bands and help defend during wars.
For the linked pictures i enabled cheat mode with the console and teleported around that small section so it is a snapshot of exactly what is there at the time.
It really gets daft pretty quick.

I almost said, "serious question", seems you have to trust your instincts. It's a serious question. Maybe I missed something you said, but if not them, then why? I don't know everything about the game and there's always conflicting info out there, or info that changes with updates. I've seen it suggested to use minor factions for xp. Thought I'd ask.

Back
Top Bottom