In Progress WHY FAMILY SHARING OPENED AGAIN?

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded

Errayn

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Summary: Can I ask the reason why family sharing is enabled again in multiplayer? We noticed people started again to evade bans. Do I need to fight for it to be disabled again every 2 months ? or is it better for us to develop different methods to ban people? What is the clear stance on this from taleworlds side? The last official message from taleworlds on this matter is from @uçanbiblo
image.png

So can I ask kindly what happened did taleworlds changed their idea again?

How to Reproduce: Open a dummy steam account in 1 minute
Scene Name (if related): scn_Taleworlds
Media (Screenshots & Video):
image.png

image.png

Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

Hey, i have been informed that ther has been no change in the family share feature status. It is still disabled and our devs have not made a move to bring it back. How long have you been able to use the family share? There is a chance that it happened due to an issue related with the Steam services having for the last couple of days.

Gamepass owner here just wanted to add that I'm also getting a login error telling me "Family Sharing is not allowed".

Same MS Store email used as my Xbox email.

Hey, i have been informed that ther has been no change in the family share feature status. It is still disabled and our devs have not made a move to bring it back. How long have you been able to use the family share? There is a chance that it happened due to an issue related with the Steam services having for the last couple of days.
My ticket kinda resolved but not because after family share protection is enabled again today. The players from Xbox gamepass cant enter the multiplayer. And i assume it was removed because of that in the first place (from looking old tickets related to that) (probably was disabled till for devs to fix that bug but seems the fix didn't done yet and someone enabled it again and created this situation as you can see from the others posts on this thread same as people on our discord who uses xboxgame pass)

Hey TW, this is a pretty serious problem. If players are able to freely reign n bombs and other fantastical garbage into ingame chat, sure we could have issued a ban. But by enabling this feature you've pretty much turned that $60 to $70 purchase for a new copy (which you benefit for) into a revolving door for these same people to continue ruining the experience for others using family sharing to evade bans.

This needs to be addressed with haste. Disable the feature.

Back
Top Bottom