Why, exactly, do Bandits train into aristocrats?

Users who are viewing this thread

The more and more I think about this the less and less sense it makes. We're not talking about famous highwaymen here, not every Forest Bandit is Robin of Locksley. Not every Steppe Bandit is Temujin. This. Makes. No. Sense.

Is it because bandit classes are designed to fight like dumbed down versions of 1 or more of the aristocratic classes of various nations? Because OK, it makes sense somewhat for Forest Bandit / Battania, Sea Raider / Sturgia, and the Azerai, but guaranteeing a nearly endless source of noble units is still pretty silly.

The only bandit class that doesn't turn into noble soldiers is Looters. That's weird. We can talk about Looters training into one of the most powerful and versatile infantry units as well, but that's a subject for another time and it almost makes sense.

In the mid to late game it is way easier to get noble troops by capturing bandits, especially after you're big enough to press gang them, than it is to comb the villages for them. And that's a problem. It cheapens the impact of having noble troops and dilutes their impact. It's one more piece of evidence that high level bandit troops are OP at the moment and need a rethink.

maxresdefault.jpg

Look at how accurate mountain bandits throw javelins, good lord they gotta be the champions at Olympics, so why can't they?

I don't know why robbers can be promoted to noble units. Noble units should be rare but powerful. They are trained professionally and have the best equipment. They should not be mass produced in this strange way. Not everyone can be like Robinson.
I think it's possible to train robbers to be more versatile regular troops - not aristocratic units.
Or give them an independent branch tree, like some special mercenaries.
Or let them become mercenaries or special forces of small clans after training, like elder

I don't know why robbers can be promoted to noble units. Noble units should be rare but powerful. They are trained professionally and have the best equipment.

There are really no restrictions; however, if you look at the history of Janissaries, you can see some parallels to the method used here. It's not immediate. The units have tiers and must still level to elite status.

Why is this more important than the game needing more quests, events and unique dialog like the original Mount and Blade had? Why does something like what you've brought up here take priority over the things I have mentioned?

Back
Top Bottom