Why do the big regiments steal our recruits?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"No Offense, but why does your regiment steal recruits?"

You cannot simply put no offense before an inflammatory subject and think it will pass as being polite or civil.

If you wish to continue a discussion, try and put some critical thought into why some regiments are more popular than others, and then we can discuss it.

loppolh said:
I have no chance to recruit.

If you think it's too much work to be fun, don't do it. And saying that larger regiments get more recruits is true but, just like you, they had to start with a lot less people and most likely had the same isseus as you. If you can't keep it up, consider closing your regiment.

loopolh, don't give up !! I will send you PM and we can talk there or on steam.

But what I can say here is you are misunderstanding everything ! Nobody is stealing your recruits and forget about Youtube and all this other stuff. And don't insult people ! To be respected (which is what people look for in a regiment) you have to be respectful ! Never say "I have no chance" that is giving up, it is hard in the beginning but if you give up you'll never get any recruits. I will help you loppolh if you decide not to give up...and so will (almost)everyone else if you be determine and respectful.

Believe and dare !

Big regiments don't steal recruits. They attract recruits. Big regiments are successful because in the beginning, when it was just the leader and a few others, they kept going, got what they needed (I.E. A nice thread, a decent signature, maybe a website, a teamspeak) and continued to grow one by one until they started getting recruits on their own. If you really are interested in seeing this regiment through, put a more work into it. Don't accuse successful regiments of "stealing". They aren't yours to begin with. Seriously consider some of the information shown across this thread if you are really into making your regiment work.

loppolh said:
I didn't mean steal as in take.
Greed is the downfall of humanity

And I have worked all night to try and get 5 more people, but no.

Mind you that recruits willingly join regiments. There's no greed involved.  :wink:

It is truly a question of motivation, how much do you wan't your own regiment?
You have to put effort in it, have to make sure everyone enjoys their stay, and have some basic leadership and organizing knowledge. You have to work for everything!

loppolh said:
I didn't mean steal as in take.
Greed is the downfall of humanity

And I have worked all night to try and get 5 more people, but no.
your random "greed is the downfall of humanity" is out of line with the rest of rest of it, they are not like, gimme any new player! They have opened recruiting to the general public, and RECRUITS WANTED THEM. They did not go out and tried to get any possible recruitout there. The 51st started off with a merge with the 33rd, they became a little bigger then a medium sized, then they went onto servers, showed off, and they told people how to join! They had not asked every single recruit to join their regiment. and they didn't have a small little regiment that looked doomed to fail to possible recruits. Recruits probably don't want to join you because you are desperate to get recruits, you don't have any nice video they could be part of on YouTube, they don't see many other people with you, so they probably know your regiment doesn't do to many events, is doomed to fail, and probably wouldn't be as enjoyable as one of the mainstream huge regiments.

You can do something about it! Join a game with all your regiment, have fun, take a video of it, post it on YouTube, and tell them the server is on YouTube! Show people you do events, show people you guys are better then the other skrimishr regiments and you guys are worth joining. Do not be the fail recruiter going around asking every single tagless player if they want to join your regiment. That makes recruits say "he must be desperate" and it shows them that you are failing with your regiment. Find someone to merge with maybe, or if your lucky, merge into you!

Stop complaining about how other regiments are big. They clearly did something right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom