Why ditch "Guard Me" command choice? Plus the command for soldiers nearby!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

chillboy

Regular
I just went through all gameplay videos that I can find on Youtube, there is an option called "Guard Me" and I thought it was super cool,

however in the gameplay video in 2018 I found that this feature was discarded for some reason, the newly added feature was "Advance",

why would we need "Advance" when we already have "Charge"?

Plus in the Warband we get to command soldiers nearby, how come this feature was discarded in Bannerlord, too? The bigger the battle sizes are, the more useful this command can be !!! Imagine you are doing a 1000-men battle, and the only thing you can do is
command either 200 archers in the distance or 200 horsemen in somewhere else, you should be able to just command soldiers that are close to you when you get surrounded by the enemies.

Could you please add these two features back?? :xf-cry::xf-cry::xf-cry::xf-cry:

I think Advance implies a more orderly movement while Charge means break formation and attack. Could be wrong.

as for "guard me" It's kind of redundant because Follow Me more or less does that already.

as for commanding nearby allies, in Warband you could press 0. have you tried that?

I think Advance implies a more orderly movement while Charge means break formation and attack. Could be wrong.

as for "guard me" It's kind of redundant because Follow Me more or less does that already.

as for commanding nearby allies, in Warband you could press 0. have you tried that?
I kinda recall that the "Guard Me" command only affects the soldiers that are near you, and combining "Follow Me" with "Guard Me" is kind of "too much", I tried 500 vs 500 in custom battle, and then say if I get surrounded, I only want the help from the soldiers that are near me, I know I can achieve this by using the "Transfer" command, but wouldn't you think that's kind of a Big Move for asking help from soldiers nearby?
I mean we can have Advance and Guard Me in the mean time, right? In this way command Guard Me can be very handy, and you don't need to transfer or look around to see which group is the closest group, since you probably don't have the opportunity or time to do so when you get surrounded.

As for commanding nearby soldiers, I think '0' means everyone in Warband just like how it is in Bannerlord. There isn't a choice for you to command nearby soldiers, you either choose a certain group or literally everyone.

Sure, it's a feature from Warband. I used that button followed by "follow me" to protect my hide a couple times in sieges when my health got low, until I could get out of the danger zone. I also used it in sieges to force nearby archers out of the melee zone without breaking the deployment of the archers on my tower. "Nearby soldiers - follow me, infantry charge, cavalry charge"

Back
Top Bottom