Whos idea was that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Wth gone on your mind when you created this attack enemy division when I tell units to hold somewhere...

Im ordering my archers to fuking stand on a hill and shoot and the command say and engage the enemy division....WTF?

i didnt ordered that how can I cancel that ****....

Didnt tought it would make me that mad but it is,archers are very big part of my tactics and this feture ****ed this up...

Anyway to remove it?

yeah i had this problem too, I tooked only infantry troops then, but sometimes, especially when i got ambushed, there is the same problem with infantry too.

Don't have that problem, when I order to hold there position they do so, when I order them to hold fire they do so, maybe it is a lack of discipline amongst your man :mrgreen: nahhh joking, I don't know but don't share the problem maybe a bug that some players have and the others don't?

PS: Should the enemy be in hitting distance of your archers they (offcourse) switch to swords, which I think is normal.

I guess that is a problem with old same games. I had that problem but now I started a new game so I don't have that bug.

I think its more a very weird feature than a bug.
sometimes when I tell my soldiers to hold positions (and mostly when I fight against a large number of archers) there stand:

- Hold the position....
... and engage enemy archer division

and then my soldiers attack the enemy archers IN FORMATION, so its not like a charge, the whole troop beholds the shieldwall formation and engage the enemy instead of holding there position.

and Its no problem with old savegames, I started, as the new version comes out, a new game and I have the same problem there, especially when i get ambushed, by a group of bandit/deserter archers.

Marakus said:
PS: Should the enemy be in hitting distance of your archers they (offcourse) switch to swords, which I think is normal.
I dont think it was necessarry to write this....

what about reading the text that daniisme had writen?
he dont write that he dont want that his archers took meele weapons

daniisme said:
Im ordering my archers to fuking stand on a hill and shoot and the command say and engage the enemy division....WTF?

the highlighted part shows what he mean: his archers are attacking when they just should stand at one position and shoot

So this:
Marakus said:
was more than unnecessary...

I know what he wrote...

Sometimes you just can't get what you want and in that case it is never wrong if somebody tells you when something isn't possible... If I am a archers and the enemy is just a meter away from me than offcourse I take my sword and attack him, if you don't want that than you are aiming for something that isn't possible, in his text he said nothing about how close the enemies are (offcourse probably not that close, but as I said you never know how simple it can be).... so nothing wrong in telling that, is there? Besides why make such a big deal out of it?

By the way something is unnecessary ore not there is no "more than" ore "less than" unnecessary.

Ask your self this: If it was not necessary to wrote what I wrote was it than necessary to make a comment on it? Isn't that just as unnecessary...?

That was I meant what is unnecesarry is that you wrote that the archers took there meele weapon when an enemy is near and I think that you dont need to write this because its normally and everybody should know this.

btw: we digress from the topic, so lets stop this  :lol:

Back
Top Bottom