Where's my wife?

Users who are viewing this thread

Does anyone know what factors decide which companion will accompany you in a city?

For me it is always the first companion I ever hired and nothing I have tried has changed that.
She used to be my quartermaster, removed that and no change, moved her down in the party panel so not next to me and no change.
I have a wife now and she is next in line in the load order but she is never around, not in town and not even in my castle, all other companions hang out there but not the wife. Any idea why that is and how I could change who accompanies me in town?
Thanks

Oh I think I understand now, the wife is not a regular companion so she would not fall in that category which kinda sucks there is no way to have her accompany you, except for when storming a bandit camp your pregnant wife shows up... I hope that in future we get more control over where our spouse goes or when she is with us.
Also just found out that after declaring independence my wife calls me "your lordship" instead by name, also something of a bother.

Oh I think I understand now, the wife is not a regular companion so she would not fall in that category which kinda sucks there is no way to have her accompany you, except for when storming a bandit camp your pregnant wife shows up... I hope that in future we get more control over where our spouse goes or when she is with us.
Also just found out that after declaring independence my wife calls me "your lordship" instead by name, also something of a bother.
Yeah they don't seem to show up outside of combat

That would be nice tbh. Rn I have a Guard Unit that stays behind the Archers/Xbows and I just Shove them in that unit. Be cool if we could choose who goes into a battle and who doesn't
Yes absolutely agree and hopefully someone at TW takes note, because for example I have only six followers right now and have chosen them mostly for their supporting attributes like scouting, healing, engineering etc, so I do not have to excel in all those. In other words they are not the toughest fighters but are always the ones to follow me into small group combat like a bandit hold out. We usually succeed but they get really beat up.
So the ability to compose a group for any given mission would be great and make sense, since in real combat you would also not pick your engineer over a knight as a fighting companion.

Back
Top Bottom