When will you start actively dealing with cheaters in multiplayer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Might as well give it up. It's the most toxic players that exploit everything and they are the ones most willing to reply

Mm, it has been a while since I have been on the forums and most of my experience is with single-player. What is this green/red dot you are referring to? And what kind of cheats has OP seen other than people who are slightly faster than him and arrows not hitting hitboxes?

Alright I'll bite, what exploits/cheats have you seen in multiplayer.
Not sure if it's literally cheating but I've noticed certain people able to hit as if they're was desink (not sure if I spelled that correctly) and it's usually the same people. I just don't stand a chance against them and I'm not a bad player. Also using key board mouse kinda allows you to have enough of a advantage that it's basically a exploit. Also the feint is a exploit. Being able to spin like a top and block and hit like it's actually possible to time that. I get to play games alot and maybe allot of it is just the game not working the correct way in bannerlord. Although I was really good at chivalry 2 then all of a sudden I wasnt when most of the psn players quit.

Not sure if it's literally cheating but I've noticed certain people able to hit as if they're was desink (not sure if I spelled that correctly) and it's usually the same people. I just don't stand a chance against them and I'm not a bad player. Also using key board mouse kinda allows you to have enough of a advantage that it's basically a exploit. Also the feint is a exploit. Being able to spin like a top and block and hit like it's actually possible to time that. I get to play games alot and maybe allot of it is just the game not working the correct way in bannerlord. Although I was really good at chivalry 2 then all of a sudden I wasnt when most of the psn players quit.
So they are not cheating, and you accuse them of cheating? Fine.

They are using game mechanic to beat you, you can practice the same game mechanic yourself if you want to beat them.

So they are not cheating, and you accuse them of cheating? Fine.

They are using game mechanic to beat you, you can practice the same game mechanic yourself if you want to beat them.
If you exploit the game purposely that is cheating but I can see that we don't have the same values at all so there's not any point for me to continue my side of the argument.

If you exploit the game purposely that is cheating but I can see that we don't have the same values at all so there's not any point for me to continue my side of the argument.
In this game, exploiting is getting out of the map and shooting people from a spot they cant get you at, combat wise they know tricks and mechanics to outplay others, you can keybind and change stuff up yourself to keep up. At this point amost everyone should have 2 side mouse buttons. Then again if you say feinting is an exploit I don't know what to say to you apart from learn how to fight like people have for the last decade, feinting, accelerating swings, and dealing with latency are a staples of mount n blade.

Clearly your a much better sport and player than me no reason to comment at all. That's sarcasm from a console player BTW. I'm sure the guys cheating in cod have the same thing to say about their game tactics. Oh its not cheating it's a tactic or mechanic.

Arguments about whether feinting is cheating date back to warband. To be honest i actually do feel this is the games fault in a way. For all the carryover between SP and MP in both games they never encourage players to use feinting or even blocking really, so people go into MP and see all these mechanics they didn't know were possible and get annoyed.

:lol:

Arguments about whether feinting is cheating date back to warband. To be honest i actually do feel this is the games fault in a way. For all the carryover between SP and MP in both games they never encourage players to use feinting or even blocking really, so people go into MP and see all these mechanics they didn't know were possible and get annoyed.
Didn't original Mount & Blade have a chambering tutorial at the start of the game?

I'm glad to get so many responses seems I've struck a nerve. Now go spin like a top at your next enemy and act like taking advantage of a mechanic or exploit is cheating.
This guy doesn't realize that feinting exists in real life.
Is this how you fight irl spinning faster than possible and swinging and blocking during. SOMETHING TELLS ME IT IS.
Arguments about whether feinting i
People play this game on consoles?

s cheating date back to warband. To be honest i actually do feel this is the games fault in a way. For all the carryover between SP and MP in both games they never encourage players to use feinting or even blocking really, so people go into MP and see all these mechanics they didn't know were possible and get annoyed.
That's why I commented in the first place but I can see I'm unpopular already.

I've seen chamberblock pop up on my screen. I'm really just talking about me blocking someone and them swinging again before I can even lower my shield

Sure do and I'm actually very good until someone has to switch to keyboard and mouse to beat me.

I've seen chamberblock pop up on my screen. I'm really just talking about me blocking someone and them swinging again before I can even lower my shield

Console players being disadvantaged isn't new. It applies to almost every game, it's why "Aim Assist" doesn't exist on PC. If you don't want disadvantage, I'd recommend not using twiddle sticks. Or play a game where it is an advantage, like Rocket League.

The games mechanics are very interlayered and complex, for example "perfect" blocking, where you block just before the attack hits. This will stun your opponent longer after their attack and makes you faster to counter-attack. These things aren't immediatley obvious and are why M and B has such a steep learning curve but might help explain your experiences.

One thing I can say though is in 11 years of playing this series of games I've seen less hackers than I can count on one hand. And even then they were basic auto-blockers which even in Warband without the relativistic blocking in Bannerlord, was pretty ineffective. In Bannerlord, such a hack is even less effective due to any blocking direction theoretically being able to block any attack.

I see feinting being described, but this is a player describing how to do something. Not a dev confirming its not a exploit. Also it doesn't mention receiving damage from the feint or blocking a feint then another attack happens immediately after.

Console players being disadvantaged isn't new. It applies to almost every game, it's why "Aim Assist" doesn't exist on PC. If you don't want disadvantage, I'd recommend not using twiddle sticks. Or play a game where it is an advantage, like Rocket League.

The games mechanics are very interlayered and complex, for example "perfect" blocking, where you block just before the attack hits. This will stun your opponent longer after their attack and makes you faster to counter-attack. These things aren't immediatley obvious and are why M and B has such a steep learning curve but might help explain your experiences.

One thing I can say though is in 11 years of playing this series of games I've seen less hackers than I can count on one hand. And even then they were basic auto-blockers which even in Warband without the relativistic blocking in Bannerlord, was pretty ineffective. In Bannerlord, such a hack is even less effective due to any blocking direction theoretically being able to block any attack.
Understood but I prefer a controller and pretty sure PC has the most cheaters/exploit/hackers. Not saying bannerlord but just in general. I'm definitely going to keep playing although the spinning in the guide from last reply doesn't appear to have a limit like it states

Back
Top Bottom