When I shoot at shielded opponent.

Users who are viewing this thread

wildyracing

Sergeant
Hello, I wish to share my experience with Warband. When I use to shoot arrow at any shielded opponent, whenever my crosshair was pointing, the arrow auto-aims into the shield. No matter if I target the unshielded legs or head, if I am in front of the opponent or by his left (shielded hand), then the arrows always auto-aim into the shield. This really annoys me and I don't remember if it was like that in the original Mount & Blade. Does this happen to you as well ? Is there any way to disable it, so the arrows can go the place I targeted them ? Thank you

If they have "shield skill" they will have an increased coverage with shields. In the past this made missile weapons stick in mid air even if you shot them beside the shield. Instead of this "magical forcefield" we now have a small "shield block" animation and the defender catches the missile on the shield, even tough it's shot beside the shield.

Hope that this will answer your question.

game mechanic, but u´ll eventually learn to avoid the shield coverange with the missile arc :wink: I´ts great to stick an arrow at a Rhodok past their enourmous shield  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

bladeconquest said:
one thing you can do is run them down with your horse. The stun should give just a few sec for you to shoot the guy.

Or try to make them engage your archers or infantry line while you flank them and shoot their backs.  Or try to live with the fact that it's hard to shoot a shielded opponent.  If you're using a crossbow you can hope to break the shield with a few shots.  Or target something else.  Or just go home and read a book, take a bath.

Karnaak said:
game mechanic, but u´ll eventually learn to avoid the shield coverange with the missile arc :wink: I´ts great to stick an arrow at a Rhodok past their enourmous shield  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

If the Rhodok dude has even only a few points in the Shield skill then what you describe is impossible from the front. The force field will cover a far bigger area than the entire body of the Rhodok.

It's possible to get by the shields depending on the size of the shield and the shield skill of the opponent. Even high-level opponents can often be hit this way if they have a small shield. My character is an archer and does this all the time. It's also possible to just hold the crossbow and wait for them to drop the shield to take the swing. The downside of this is that if you miss, they get a free hit.

The purpose of this mechanic is to represent peoples' reflexes and moving the shield to block an arrow. It just looks weird because actually showing the shield mechanically moving to block the arrow would be really, really hard.

Demonic Spoon said:
It's possible to get by the shields depending on the size of the shield and the shield skill of the opponent. Even high-level opponents can often be hit this way if they have a small shield. My character is an archer and does this all the time. It's also possible to just hold the crossbow and wait for them to drop the shield to take the swing. The downside of this is that if you miss, they get a free hit.

The purpose of this mechanic is to represent peoples' reflexes and moving the shield to block an arrow. It just looks weird because actually showing the shield mechanically moving to block the arrow would be really, really hard.

I agree completely. After I understand it is a game mechanic, I am satisfied :smile:

Back
Top Bottom