Wheel of Time

Users who are viewing this thread

Speaking of game adaptations, despite how it made me cringe at times, I spent hours playing the hexen-clone game that was released ages ago. The CD is too scratched now to install things correctly.  :cry:

Vermillion_Hawk said:
As I recall they barely even said what kind of game it was going to be.

They did, actually. It was going to be a 'tactical RPG', called First Banner of the Rising Sun. Set in the Aiel War.

MadocComadrin said:
Speaking of game adaptations, despite how it made me cringe at times, I spent hours playing the hexen-clone game that was released ages ago. The CD is too scratched now to install things correctly.  :cry:

The first person thing?

It's really fun, but how they use the story elements will make you cringe on multiple occasions. Aside from that, everything about it is pretty good for a FPS from the 1990s, and nothing is better than just spawning a bunch of trollocs and Aes Sedai with the console and just let them go at it.

Been able to absorb it all for a little while now, and powered down reading "A New Spring".

Moiraine getting that angreal was indeed stupid, I don't get why she had to be de-powered in the first place though.

Moridin got off too easy, would have liked a bit more talking from him at the end. Something about theology or the likes.

Still do not understand why Rand did not tell Tam he was alive.

Still feels like we ought to have had a bit more Logain.

I actually really liked the whole Tower of Ghenjei part, sort of the culmination of Mats character development.

Still feels like Gawyn, Egwene, Gareth, Siuan and Davram ought to have been part of the horn. ****s sake.

And I need more info on Padan Fain/Mordeth/Sammael/Shaisam. What the **** was that.

Also, Demandred was really cleverly done, with the whole Sharan thing. I also got the feeling that he was to Lews Therin, what Perrin and Mat was to Rand, and that he was an example of Lews Therins arrogance and failings, which seemed really cool.

Lan should have died.

I dont know anything about the series, should i buy some of the books?

I guess, but its a tough read. Eye of the World was the first "brick" like book I ever read, not to mention one of the first written in English. I remember how I had a really hard time reading the tiny words and letters but 20~ something such books later I've gotten completely used to it.

There are a lot of translations of the books, the first one at least, but after flipping through the Estonian one in the bookstore, I got the feeling WoT is one of those book series that sounds incredibly awkward in any other language than English.

So, I've been re-reading the series for a while and there's one thing that never seems to get answered. Why is being a wilder considered to be such a bad thing?

It's considered "bad" in different ways--not always at the same time:
It's bad to women who could only learn to channel as a sort of hard work vs natural talent sort of thing.
Some consider wilders harder to teach due to possible preconceived notions or attitudes on the part of the wilder, or the various blocks they can come with.
Thirdly, whether or not the end up in the White Tower, being a wilder means they were women outside of the Tower that could channel, and that makes Aes Sedai generally uncomfortable.

Yet they're treated almost like lepers. I don't know, the reasons just don't add up to justify how they're treated. Either that, or Aes Sedai are really the stuck-up *****es of all fiction.

Actually, they are. :lol:

Headmaster said:
Planning to read this but sadly the local stores don't have the first one.

If only there was some sort of world wide, easily accesable, online shop, in which you could buy books and have them delivered to you.

We can only hope that one day, that will be a reality.

Amagic said:
So, I've been re-reading the series for a while and there's one thing that never seems to get answered. Why is being a wilder considered to be such a bad thing?

Because Aes Sedai are elitist *****es stuck on their little high horses.  :razz:

Cozur said:
Headmaster said:
Planning to read this but sadly the local stores don't have the first one.

If only there was some sort of world wide, easily accesable, online shop, in which you could buy books and have them delivered to you.

We can only hope that one day, that will be a reality.

If only there was such a thing as an empty credit card in my possession, oh, I'd cry tears of joy.

At least the government here doesn't tax books, I'll buy it from Amazon when I finish paying for my computer+vacation. Low limits are a mess.

Heheyyy. Vieira you rotting prick. Why didn't you inform me there was a WoT thread?

Topic: This last bleeding pre-AMoL re-read is taking forever. Been at it for over a year, and I'm still just on Knife of dreams. I want to get to Memory of Light god damn it!

Back
Top Bottom