What's the One Thing Now that would Reignite Your Passion and Interest in the Game?

Users who are viewing this thread

For me:

- Fixing snowballing and improved diplomacy.
- Rebellions.
- Death, aging, arrange marriages and kids 100% implemented for the player and the AI (this is probably what I would love over all other things).
- Be able to send orders to clan members.
- Better kingdom management, be able to give fiefs to my vassals, etc.

I would like maybe a better clan management system. Dictating what they do such as raiding vs patrolling. I also wished they would allow us to assign villages and castles to clan members for personal ownership. The clan leader still gets a cut but the village is personally managed and upgraded by whomever in the clan you gift it to.

-Fix learning rate diminishing so fast
-Add Banners
-Balanace wanders so each culture starts with at least 5!
-Fix smithing
-Balance armor, currently way too weak or weapons are too op

A massive Total Overhaul mod would do it.

Until then, I'm just happy to work on my own things. Can't remember the last time I've played Bannerlord for fun lol, its only been working on mods. If I wanted to play, I could probably play and have a mildly good time until end game.

Not that I'm against new things, mind you. More is better.

Honestly I liked the game as it was. They just need to shore up the map lag and other optimization issues to get me back playing. Though I have to admit that I am anticipating a way to turn off death and I also want a way to disable dynamic notables (aka notables disappearing). These features are yet further reasons why I enjoyed previous versions more than what is out now.

I've reinvested my time in modding bannerlord instead. I'm having more fun modding bannerlord than I am playing it in its current state.

I would like maybe a better clan management system. Dictating what they do such as raiding vs patrolling. I also wished they would allow us to assign villages and castles to clan members for personal ownership. The clan leader still gets a cut but the village is personally managed and upgraded by whomever in the clan you gift it to.

That's what i'd expect from the governor system. There no reason a governor has to stay put inside the castle to "manage it", he should basically become a sublord, with his own party and able to extract wealth from the holding but in return defend the land and pay for his own troops. Having many fiefs could also be a way to increase the amount of parties you can have on the map (to balance this out you could restrict it to be only available to your "noble" family members rather than companions). This would make starting your own kingdom much easier as you could rely more on your brothers to get yourself a sizeable force after conquering multiple holdings.

But i think it would be quite troublesome for the devs to code that in, since fief ownership, income etc. is determined by the clan rather than the character, that would require an overhaul of clan management (which is almost non existent atm tbh)

A true feeling of developing a character, companions and the power of my clan in general. I don't have this feeling, seriously. With 20 bow skill I can land headshots all the time with 95% accuracy, with 0 skill in 2h I can beat any lord during tournaments... I can't develop any companion because all of them start with lvl 14+, developing a town/castle isn't really satisfying and the mechanics behind it are nebulous. Before I'll reach interesting perks (like the ability to buy a castle for gold) I will probably manage to conquer the entire land. I want the feeling that I'm DEVELOPING and ADVANCING. It's also annoying that some skills literally can't be effectively learnt, like leadership. It's the main thing that we all love in RPGs: developing your character. I don't really feel it in Bannerlord.

Exactly. You have described one of the many fundamental flaws with this game.

Larger, more feature-rich patches. Each time I read the patch notes I feel like I'm just eating patch scraps. I think I just need to go dark on the game for 6 months and come back.

custom servers/ battle mode, just want something that me and my friends can just mess around on casually, without being kicked out of the server just when I'm getting into it

Hope.

Just give me a glimmer of hope for the base game.

Fix the AI at least enough so that battles are somewhat challenging and entertaining, have another look at army controls, do something with sieges please, overhaul blacksmithing, overhaul talents (I just don't understand why it took them so long for what we are getting), add some form of diplomacy, for gosh sake help the multiplayer community they're on life support!, do some balancing of units, weapons and armor, just... deliver something impressive in A FEW of these, not all, just a couple or something. Have some real meat in some of these patches. A glimmer of hope would probably make me... a bit more optimistic, for release.

What it would take to get me playing the game again
Way less Bugs
Balancing that makes sense
An AI that atleast somewhat challenges you tactic wise
Just a tiny bit of Immersion as this game has none as of the current version
More Content
An entire new skill system (new as in, just give us back Warbands system)

And most importantly, actual Early Access progression, this game had way too little of that so far. Not a single major content update in over half a year in EA is horrible

For me it would be the smithing rework that has been in the works for quite some time now aperently. Also the things that will come with that rework (hopefuly)-fixed weapon pricing, quality modifiers for weapons and armor, and the ability to craft fine, masterpiece and legendary weapons.

Inappropriate behavior, uncalled for flaming to a post responding at OP question
What it would take to get me playing the game again
Way less Bugs
Balancing that makes sense
An AI that atleast somewhat challenges you tactic wise
Just a tiny bit of Immersion as this game has none as of the current version
More Content
An entire new skill system (new as in, just give us back Warbands system)

And most importantly, actual Early Access progression, this game had way too little of that so far. Not a single major content update in over half a year in EA is horrible
Nobody care because youre just an Troll seeking drama :wink: Now the question is will your buddy Steve react in time....who knows...
HU9TMD7.png

Nobody care because youre just an Troll seeking drama :wink: Now the question is will your buddy Steve react in time....who knows...
HU9TMD7.png

You just insult people who you disagree with, you are incapable coherent argument. It's really the ultimate irony you call people trolls. You flood this board with nonsense every 10 minutes, here's a tip: it does not make you look smart.

You just insult people who you disagree with, you are incapable coherent argument. It's really the ultimate irony you call people trolls. You flood this board with nonsense every 10 minutes, here's a tip: it does not make you look smart.
Do i now! so that post he made openly about him trolling and that he mentioned the moderators here are useless was just made up ? And him calling you like an old time veteran as if he knew you ? Never really thought you where one (troll that is) but when he called you out like that, well could just be for the luls or trying to ride along. But on the other hand your directing some certain things the way you do sure rise suspicions (and no its not about your opinions) even if you might be an miserable discontent veteran that wanted Bannerlord to be exactly as Warband which it is in a way but missing some small features here and there as well as having an modern rpg skill type of system which works fine except for their borderlined perks everywhere

Last edited:
For me:

- Fixing snowballing and improved diplomacy.
- Rebellions.
- Death, aging, arrange marriages and kids 100% implemented for the player and the AI (this is probably what I would love over all other things).
- Be able to send orders to clan members.
- Better kingdom management, be able to give fiefs to my vassals, etc.
This!

+ fixed siege AI of course

Back
Top Bottom