What's the One Thing Now that would Reignite Your Passion and Interest in the Game?

Users who are viewing this thread

Randomized terrain for battles. I know they are planning on making more battlefield scenes, but there are only about 20 of them whereas in Warband, there were unlimited unique battlefields. Each battle was different and posed different challenges. That was one of the best parts of all previous M&B games! That NEEDS to come back!

I want that "criminal underworld" gang system properly implemented for the cities. As well as a working "family" and vassal system.

I also really want the Kingdom Management and more stuff to spend gold on that actually do things to improve my trade, cities, etc... like hiring bandits, hiring trainers for my troops. Being able to expand my villages and construct new ones.

The combat, AI all seems fine for me... but after you get through all the battles and plundering... and you come back to a hollow city with nothing to do except "wait" or play around in the Arena... it sucks. I want to be able to expand trade, expand farming and city/business infrastructure too. I'm not asking for a Total War game, just a more in-depth Kingdom Management system that will keep me interested for another 10-20 years until Bannerlord 3 comes out.

Some good starting points for me.

1. Marriage. There should be systems in play where nobles will try to arrange marriages with each other. In this game, only the PC can ever try to win someone's hand as far as I know, while the other nobles who don't start married never try to get married. Ironic, considering that the new family and death mechanics mean that marriage should be even more important than it was in the last game!

2. Death and execution. The game is a little too safe for people who aren't (and aren't dealing with) the player. Currently, nobody aside from companions can die in battle. And the player is the only one who ever executes people. To clarify, I AM aware of the stigma of executing nobles that existed in medieval times. But the fact is, it often happened anyway. And even aside from executions, nobles could and did get wounded and killed on the battlefield. Wars were dangerous times, there should be revisions to the system to make it more deadly for NPCs.

I can't even turn this game on without 20 mods at least. I figured this EA would be testing out new features, nothing major has been added, it has been bug reporting on the same code they have had for 8 years. The criminal gangs in towns are pointless, the towns themselves look great but are pointless to walk around in. There was 0 improvement to interactions in towns. This game needs life badly, if it was a 20$ game yeah maybe, but this is not that.

Village upgrades are far inferior to every Mount & Blade mod I have ever played. What did TW replace the castle building with? What did they replace the ambush idea with? Armor does nothing, tournaments are bland and un immersive I could go on. 1257 AD and Nova Aetas mop the floor with this game.

Last edited:
I can't even turn this game on without 20 mods at least. I figured this EA would be testing out new features, nothing major has been added, it has been bug reporting on the same code they have had for 8 years. The criminal gangs in towns are pointless, the towns themselves look great but are pointless to walk around in. There was 0 improvement to interactions in towns. This game needs life badly, if it was a 20$ game yeah maybe, but this is not that.

Village upgrades are far inferior to every Mount & Blade mod I have ever played. What did TW replace the castle building with? What did they replace the ambush idea with? Armor does nothing, tournaments are bland and un immersive I could go on. 1257 AD and Nova Aetas mop the floor with this game.
Sadly 1257 enhanced always crashes for me after like 30 minutes

I'd like to see customized battlefield AI. Maybe more personality from the companions. That could be them hanging around you, refusing orders, running off on personal errands, a balance being that really good characters also have personal obligations. Maybe some of them will help increase recruitment with some factions. Maybe make them more vocal so they comment on your choices on how the warband is run. Well, makes the world seem more lively.

That they buff Glaives to 400 in damage instead of 200 on foot. 200 is way to little for a weapon that cost 198 denars when youre fresh out of an game as its expensive af

Last edited:
A true feeling of developing a character, companions and the power of my clan in general. I don't have this feeling, seriously. With 20 bow skill I can land headshots all the time with 95% accuracy, with 0 skill in 2h I can beat any lord during tournaments... I can't develop any companion because all of them start with lvl 14+, developing a town/castle isn't really satisfying and the mechanics behind it are nebulous. Before I'll reach interesting perks (like the ability to buy a castle for gold) I will probably manage to conquer the entire land. I want the feeling that I'm DEVELOPING and ADVANCING. It's also annoying that some skills literally can't be effectively learnt, like leadership. It's the main thing that we all love in RPGs: developing your character. I don't really feel it in Bannerlord.

Yes! That gets me everytime. You start with little better than rags on your feet. Get some troops, fight some looters and then you have suddenly shiny troops, but you are the same raglord from before. And with every enemy defeated, you stay a raglord for a long, long, time. But with even shinier troops. :grin:

Warband is a better game than this in terms of seeing progression in your character and your companions. TW should have stuck with the older system. As someone else pointed out, I can win a tournament my first day in a campaign with no issue, that is just not good design.

Multiplayer:
-more players (Taleworlds needs to do a massive advertising campaign)
-more maps
-custom classes/equipment
-battle mode

Singleplayer
-armor that actually works
-greater distinction between unit tiers
-greater distinction between factions (mainly their troops)
-more quest variety
-livelier/more vibrant village/town scenes
-simplified skill system more akin to Warband (i.e. Levels, Attributes, Skills, Weapon Proficiency etc.)
-crime, street gangs, black markets
-greater kingdom/fief management
-more engaging NPC interactions/dialogue
-deeper/more complex/interesting companions
-option to create one's own hideout (especially if playing as bandit/criminal)

Multiplayer:
-more players (Taleworlds needs to do a massive advertising campaign)
-more maps
-custom classes/equipment
-battle mode

Singleplayer
-armor that actually works
-greater distinction between unit tiers
-greater distinction between factions (mainly their troops)
-more quest variety
-livelier/more vibrant village/town scenes
-simplified skill system more akin to Warband (i.e. Levels, Attributes, Skills, Weapon Proficiency etc.)
-crime, street gangs, black markets
-greater kingdom/fief management
-more engaging NPC interactions/dialogue
-deeper/more complex/interesting companions
-option to create one's own hideout (especially if playing as bandit/criminal)

The big issue I have is you almost have to play as a vassal and get gifted a kingdom, there's no forming your own kingdom, because you have to have a castle to get a kingdom. That feat is almost impossible unless you cheat more less with. You can't have your companion parties follow you around the and join in battles with you, which bugs me to no end.

The big issue I have is you almost have to play as a vassal and get gifted a kingdom, there's no forming your own kingdom, because you have to have a castle to get a kingdom

I know exactly how you feel. I too miss being able to start a kingdom from scratch.

I feel like it was the "Ultimate thing" to do in Warband.

What are you two on about. Ive started my own kingdom many times in tier 4 clan

Back
Top Bottom