What tournaments should we have before Bannerlord EA?

What tournaments should we have before Bannerlord EA?

• Clan tournaments only

Votes: 51 26.3%
  • Clan tournament & NC

Votes: 110 56.7%
  • Anything, doesn't matter

Votes: 33 17.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

OurGloriousLeader said:
Only exception is if there's a big push since it will be the "last" NC and maybe a bunch of older players come back for it. Even still I'd rather such effort was put into a clan tournament.

There is time for 2 or even 3 tournaments before Bannerlord EA. Personally, I want a clan tournament to be last because I think that situation is most likely to draw old players back just before Bannerlord comes out. I'd much rather have one last big clan tournament than one last big NC, but I know that for some nations NC has always been a big deal. At the moment we are in a situation where we haven't had a "serious" clan tournament in a few months and we don't know whether we're going to get a high level of competition in new tournaments because we don't know who will enter/which teams will form. In that sense the NC is a safe bet because it doesn't need a lot of players and most nations can't form worldclass teams whether they have their old players or not.

If you don't like an idea of NC because of its character (minority of players will be allowed to play), what do you think about a new format - Warband: The Olympic Games? Back in time I was trying to do such a thing in Poland (https://forum.mountblade.info/index.php?topic=17491.msg328977#msg328977).

Such a tournament would be including both - team and individual disciplines. Team disciplines (like NC's format) would consist of single-elimination bracket (randomised) for traditional national teams (so 8v8 discipline would take 3-4 weeks if only 8-10 nations are capable to gather full roster, no coalitions). Individual disciplines (like archery, boxing, 2h duel, 1h duel, hide 'N seek, horse racing etc.) would consist of quick qualifying and... again single-elimination bracket. But those would be available for everyone (but every player would have limitations, like no more than 3 disciplines to take part). Each discipline would end up with granting 3 medals (gold, silver and bronze) for teams/individual players on the account of their nations. At the end we could make nations medal table to decide the top3 (nations) of The Olimpic Games.

There are two strong advantages of running this sort of the tournament:
[list type=decimal]
[*]Everyeone would be able to play and represent their country
[*]It could be organized on many modules (like Native, Napoleonic Wars and WFaS/Deluge) at once with common (one) medal table
[/list]
Sounds like a good way to say goodbye to Warband. But we would need:
[list type=decimal]
[*]A lot of streamers with new streamer modes, so everything would be entertaining for viewers
[*]New admin mode to have such things like points for hitting certain area of the shield (by arrow/bolt/javelin etc) or length measure (to measure distance of thrown javelin)
[/list]

Dyktator said:
If you don't like an idea of NC because of its character (minority of players will be allowed to play), what do you think about a new format - Warband: The Olympic Games? Back in time I was trying to do such a thing in Poland (https://forum.mountblade.info/index.php?topic=17491.msg328977#msg328977).

Such a tournament would be including both - team and individual disciplines. Team disciplines (like NC's format) would consist of single-elimination bracket (randomised) for traditional national teams (so 8v8 discipline would take 3-4 weeks if only 8-10 nations are capable to gather full roster, no coalitions). Individual disciplines (like archery, boxing, 2h duel, 1h duel, hide 'N seek, horse racing etc.) would consist of quick qualifying and... again single-elimination bracket. But those would be available for everyone (but every player would have limitations, like no more than 3 disciplines to take part). Each discipline would end up with granting 3 medals (gold, silver and bronze) for teams/individual players on the account of their nations. At the end we could make nations medal table to decide the top3 (nations) of The Olimpic Games.

There are two strong advantages of running this sort of the tournament:
[list type=decimal]
[*]Everyeone would be able to play and represent their country
[*]It could be organized on many modules (like Native, Napoleonic Wars and WFaS/Deluge) at once
[/list]
Sounds like a good way to say goodbye to Warband. But we would need:
[list type=decimal]
[*]A lot of streamers with new streamer modes, so everything would be entertaining for viewers
[*]New admin mode to have such things like points for hitting certain area of the shield (by arrow/bolt/javelin etc) or length measure (to measure distance of thrown javelin)
[/list]

glitch discipline please

Zeyden said:
A final farewell tournament with emotional music in the background :cry:

+1

You need something light. The Nations Cup is a very cool tournament, but it is problematic. The most productive was BladeCast.TV

Clan Tournament or WNL?
About the tournament in a nutshell:
FTUNITYNNNMALTA_Gibby

Grey_Warden said:
Trebron said:
I feel like it's time to drop that legendary quote
"man will not work)))" ~ Max, 2014
I do not know what I owe you something that explains.
Screenshot-20190828-230212-Samsung-Internet.jpg

)))

Trebron said:
Grey_Warden said:
Trebron said:

)))

He meant that you need to go and get a job, and not distribute his quotes on the forum.

Go sit in a BMW at least once in your life, you probably don’t even know what it is other than photos.
I'm certainly not a foodie, I went only to the BMW 7-series, this is an old gangster car of the 90s. But I liked the Volkswagen group more.

Jurgen said:
Trebron said:
Grey_Warden said:
Trebron said:

)))

He meant that you need to go and get a job, and not distribute his quotes on the forum.

Go sit in a BMW at least once in your life, you probably don’t even know what it is other than photos.
I'm certainly not a foodie, I went only to the BMW 7-series, this is an old gangster car of the 90s. But I liked the Volkswagen group more.

Whats a foodie?  :???:

DarkLight said:
Jurgen said:
Trebron said:
Grey_Warden said:
Trebron said:

)))

Whats a foodie?  :???:

This is a Russian accent. Nothing, guys, Russia will come to you soon, and you will begin to learn Russian.
You probably remember how it was on WoW servers.

Apollo will be the first victim of verbal violence. I think when the bannerlord comes out, he will remain playing the warband.

Dyktator said:
Jurgen said:
[...] Russia will come to you soon, and you will begin to learn Russian.

I thought you're from Ukraine? Don't they occupy your territory or something?

I live in Canada. hmm ... maybe. I heard something about it. Maybe they need to be offered to divide Poland again, as in the 39th

Back
Top Bottom