What tournaments should we have before Bannerlord EA?

What tournaments should we have before Bannerlord EA?

• Clan tournaments only

Votes: 51 26.3%
  • Clan tournament & NC

Votes: 110 56.7%
  • Anything, doesn't matter

Votes: 33 17.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Deacon Barry said:
The end times are upon us  :dead:

We have a date for when Bannerlord is going to be out in full early access. At that point I imagine Warband will die and there will be little reason to carry on with tournaments on this game. In light of this, I think a discussion about what the "final" Warband tournaments will be is something we should have as a community so that we can have a few good tournies to go out on. Personally, I'd like to get an NC and a WNL (or similar) type tournament in before March 2020, but it's worth discussing regardless.

maybe with this announcement some older clans will resurface... so trying out a clan tournament would be great, and also to see which clans have some interest in playing bannerlord.

a nations cup would also be sick to watch as well.

DarkLight said:
Another NC hosted by Robin that stays in groupstage until March 20 when we finally start the knockouts.

:lol:

I'm thinking a big European major (WNL/ECS) followed by some kind of special end event with duels, show matches, 3 vs 3s, Royal rumbles, giant multi clan battles etc. Nice communal send off. Do those before the new year then have an NC in the new year, finished by mid Feb.

Deacon Barry said:
I'm thinking a big European major (WNL/ECS) followed by some kind of special end event with duels, show matches, 3 vs 3s, Royal rumbles, giant multi clan battles etc. Nice communal send off. Do those before the new year then have an NC in the new year, finished by mid Feb.

Agree but its not possible to execute NC in 1.5 months considering christmas and exam period for many players are through that time. Those 3v3s or show matches should happen while the 2 tours take part so that the 2 tournaments get 3 months each.

We have 7 months until march so considering sign up periods and what I typed previously whoever hosts should work on preannouncement really soon so that the tournament can start right after 6v6 ends

If we have an NC I really hope there is a tournament afterwards. Would be a shame to end competitive warband with a tournament most people won't get to play in.

Would be great to see a tournament with as many players, old and new, as possible. Fortunately we have some great tournament admins in the community that can ensure warband gets a fun and successful send off (if they have the time)!

That being said, if a lot of time and effort is going to be put into some final big tournaments, then we should try to get the timing right. Are we saying that there won't be any tournaments between EA and the actual launch of the game? Judging by the comment below, there could be a considerable gap between the two.

Callum_TaleWorlds said:
Just to jump in, sorry to burst the bubble or put a bit of a downer on it, but I think Tolga is a bit off the mark here. But it does make me happy that with his work in QA he feels that the game is a lot closer to release than is actually true. We are launching in Early Access in March 2020 and we aren't making any false assumptions or promises about that. The game will not be feature complete at that time and there will still be a long road to go after that where we work alongside our community to bring the game to the level that we all hope it will be at.

I guess most people are of the opinion that as Bannerlord broadens its number of players and reaches open beta/early access interest in Warband tournaments will dwindle heavily.

That could certainly be the case, although I think that may depend on how well received the game is during EA. Either way, looking forward to upcoming tournaments!

Deacon Barry said:
DarkLight said:
Another NC hosted by Robin that stays in groupstage until March 20 when we finally start the knockouts.

:lol:

I'm after this

Last season of the WNL seemed very refreshing for a lot of people and was a successful major tournament on pretty much every levels.  Having a tournament of the same scale (don't care wherever it is ECS or WNL so long as it is hosted by the usual trio) would be something I personally look forward to.

If you want to have one more NC, before or after, I am not against it. But as Osiris rightfully pointed it out, it's going to exclude a certain amount of players due to the nature of the competition so I very much doubt it will receive the same level of interest from the community, unlike a clan tournament.

Deacon Barry said:
Atleast some of the (really) old players will want to take part in a sending off tournament for Warband, especially if it's littered with fun showmatches and what not.

Back
Top Bottom