What tournaments should we have before Bannerlord EA?

What tournaments should we have before Bannerlord EA?

• Clan tournaments only

Votes: 51 26.3%
  • Clan tournament & NC

Votes: 110 56.7%
  • Anything, doesn't matter

Votes: 33 17.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

The votes are very clearly in favour of a Nation's Cup and some clan tournaments to finish off Warband's history. I, alongside many other great admins, hosted NC18 with no administrative difficulties (although it was not the most exciting NC of all) and I am looking at putting together a more traditional admin team to make NC19 happen. I want to give forewarning of this here so that everyone knows what to expect. If everything goes to plan, I will try to host the tournament in the traditional format that NCs in the past used (as this is meant to be a celebration of Warband's history and longevity) but I am also looking at ways of incorporating additional parts of the community to try and avoid excluding most of it.

I understand some people want NC to be the last tournament, but frankly I think a big clan tournament (hopefully in the style of WNL7) is a much better way to end Warband's scene.

Habrak said:
Wouldn't hosting an NC first exclude a portion of the community therefore reducing the amount of players interested in a final clan tournament?

I don’t think that would be the case. People will play the clan tournament either way. Bigger problem is time, there’s Christmas and exam period which will hit one of the tourneys.

๖Kern said:
Habrak said:
Wouldn't hosting an NC first exclude a portion of the community therefore reducing the amount of players interested in a final clan tournament?

I don’t think that would be the case. People will play the clan tournament either way. Bigger problem is time, there’s Christmas and exam period which will hit one of the tourneys.

The NC won't last until Christmas if it starts within 2-3 weeks, unless robin hosts it

Fietta said:
Would be cool to have a 'Through the ages' tournament where it uses a ladder stage but each week the format changes to the relevant year and maps, the years are randomised each week.

Week 1 - Port Assault, 2011 (10 v 10)
Week 2 - Sandi'Boush, 2015 (8 v 8 )
Week 3 - Waterfall, 2019 (6 v 6)

I mean this is just the basic concept but, something like this would be cool.
I just want to upvote this, love the idea!

I would do it just like that:

• X - XI 2019 -> WNL8
  • I - II 2020 -> NC19

I don't think NC19 during early 2020 would be a problematic (NC20 would be hosted at the end of the year then). Polish Cup 2012 happend in I - II 2013, then we had Polish Cup 2013 in autumn 2013, everything worked fine. Especially since NC20 will be Bannerlord tournament (probably), so it's going to be different from NC19.

Anyway, I guess early 2020 will be the time of Bannerlord open-beta. That means a lot of people will spend their time on playing Bannerlord then, so it would be fair to host tournament for minority in that period. If there's going to be otherwise I don't see a problem to host another tournament with NC at once, but only for people who are not taking part in NC. Battle events (alongside NC19) are another solution, who said Warband must end with tournament? Polish scene may prepare another Grunwald/Tannenberg battle event (there were 4 editions already: 2010, 2011, 2012 and 201:cool:.

KaneMaB said:
Fietta said:
I dont know who in their right mind is picking NC knowing 8 teams will sign up and the overall interest during would be low. NC has been a casual tournament since 2017.
tru

And yet there are more than double the number of votes for NC + clan tournament rather than just clan tournaments. It's definitely likely there will be a much smaller number of signups than even NC18 got, but even so this is a tournament primarily for the sake of tradition and to ensure that those nations which have always been committed to NC get a final one to play in.

Gibby Jr said:
KaneMaB said:
Fietta said:
I dont know who in their right mind is picking NC knowing 8 teams will sign up and the overall interest during would be low. NC has been a casual tournament since 2017.
tru

And yet there are more than double the number of votes for NC + clan tournament rather than just clan tournaments. It's definitely likely there will be a much smaller number of signups than even NC18 got, but even so this is a tournament primarily for the sake of tradition and to ensure that those nations which have always been committed to NC get a final one to play in.

Yes, the votes are saying that people want a CLAN TOURNAMENT and then an NC, so that the less advanced players don't get left in the dirt

Habrak said:
Gibby Jr said:
KaneMaB said:
Fietta said:
tru

Yes, the votes are saying that people want a CLAN TOURNAMENT and then an NC, so that the less advanced players don't get left in the dirt

My personal preference is to end on a big clan tournament after an NC, but it may be worth me doing a new poll about which order people would like the tournaments in. That said, I don't know if people like Deacon and Scar want to host another tournament so soon after their last one. I think we'd all like the clan tournament to be hosted by them, especially given how successful WNL7 was in terms of team/player number, so if that means doing an NC first then I'm sure you'd agree that's a good idea.

BNS Marko said:
Would the clan tournaments feature multiple divisions like the recent ones?

I don't plan on hosting them, but I definitely am in favour of a division system

Realistically speaking, you could probably get the following nations to form a team for a NC: Poland, Turkey, UK, Russia, Germany, North America, France, Finland, BeNe & Spain. Possibly also considering Czech Republic and Ukraine as they were present for the last edition in 2018

Problem is for a large majority of these nations, they will struggle finding one/two captain(s) capable of gathering a strong squad and utilize all the current active players available. You will end-up with weak looking teams, no-where near their true potential, because it has become harder and harder to work out a decent roster and motivate the good players, even for nations which used to be considered as 'top dogs' a few years back. That was the issue for France last year and will likely be worse this year unless Paulo magically decides to step-in the boots of France captain for a future edition. I don't know every nations situations by heart though I doubt we are the only ones who faced these issues as of late.

Tardet said:
Realistically speaking, you could probably get the following nations to form a team for a NC: Poland, Turkey, UK, Russia, Germany, North America, France, Finland, BeNe & Spain. Possibly also considering Czech Republic and Ukraine as they were present for the last edition in 2018

Yes, but most of the nations if not 90% do not even want a NC. People mostly 'like' the idea of an NC it comes around and it decreases overall activity and ensures players who are not 'good' enough for their main team do not play. I'd rather do a clan tournament which involves every member of the community who wants to play rather than playing an NC that most people will not enjoy. I also voted for 'Clan tournament & NC' but I thought it was in that order. 

P.S. i'm still waiting for the UK 5 v 5 tourney to happen.

Only exception is if there's a big push since it will be the "last" NC and maybe a bunch of older players come back for it. Even still I'd rather such effort was put into a clan tournament.

OurGloriousLeader said:
Only exception is if there's a big push since it will be the "last" NC and maybe a bunch of older players come back for it. Even still I'd rather such effort was put into a clan tournament.
Yep. NC was probably voted for by countries with alot of people. 15 people from Germany voting for NC doesn't make it a more anticipated tourney... especially if all those 15 end up in 1 team. Nothing against my Ger brothers, just an example :oops:

Back
Top Bottom