What should I think about doing now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello, I've recently pledged myself to the Vaegirs. I've become somewhat good friends with Boyar Vlan and the king, and I am also courint Boyar Vlan's daughter, Lady Iarena. We just got finished taking the Swadians' last town and the Vaegir empire is getting quite big, though the Nords' lands has the empire split into two pretty much. The Swadians still exist, even though they have no villages or towns or anything. Now, I hold A castle and three villages near Suno and one on some far off corner of Vaegir lands.

My question is, is there any way to get control of Suno for myself even though some other Boyar owns it? I want it, because I don't have any towns for myself (just one castle and three villages nearby) and it's close to my other fiefs (which is good, because I want to rebel eventually). Also, is there any way to make sure the Vaegirs don't get too big for me to handle when the time comes to be independent? Finally, why aren't the Swadians gone now? Do I have to kill every last remaining soldier or what? Thanks for any help.

The only way of having Suno would be to take it by force. Or get it captured by another faction and recapture it after. If you rebel, Vaegirs will proby be dangerous, they will want their stuff back and they can send an army of ~2000 soldiers to get it back. Be ready for a though fight, Also, the Swadians will die eventually if all the lords are deafeated/joined another faction.

Hope this helps.

Well when you face a massive empire, reaction times will probably be slower than normal because they will have to cross half the map to get to you. First off, you must have a large and highly trained army. Secondly, you should get a good number of enterprises so that you can keep up a steady income during the war. Thirdly, choose a time to rebel when the Vaegirs are at war with one or more nations so that they have bigger things to worry about. Finally, improve your relations with as many lords as humanly possible (the more nobles who like you the better).

I wish you luck in your quest! Oh, also, try to destroy as many armies as possible as early as possible, but catch them alone somewhere because a single army is much easier to kill off than a group of them. GOOD LUCK.

EDIT: Btw, the Swadians will be gone very soon. They might have a lord in some remote town/castle hiding from his inevitable demise. :smile:

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I have an enterprise in every city already; so I get about 10,000 denars whenever I'm not at war. What's an effective way to build up a strong army, though? I have eight companions who are all level 23 and have 5 trainer each. So, my troops get lots of experience pretty quickly, but it just seems like I can't get them trained up fast enough still. I get them trained up to their best and then garrison them inside my castle for later use, but then some jerk comes and tries to take my castle. I usually win the defence, but my forces are dwindled that much more.

Ultimate_Waffle said:
My question is, is there any way to get control of Suno for myself even though some other Boyar owns it?

Not peacefully, no. You'll either have to take it by force, or let someone capture it (Nords, possibly) then take it back.

Keep in mind, that when you rebel and break away, you only keep "independent" fiefs AFAIK. For instances, if you own Suno and rebel, you'll keep Suno and all the associated villages. If, on the other hand, you only own the villages around it, you won't get anything.

Ultimate_Waffle said:
Also, is there any way to make sure the Vaegirs don't get too big for me to handle when the time comes to be independent?

Sabotage.

Lead your marshal in wild goose chases, then lure enemies into vulnerable fiefs. Or lead strong enemy lords into weaker friendly lords, then don't help...etc.

Ultimate_Waffle said:
Finally, why aren't the Swadians gone now? Do I have to kill every last remaining soldier or what? Thanks for any help.

You can't kill lords/kings AFAIK. But the faction will remain alive till all their lords/king either defect and join another army, or simply leave Calradia.

Ultimate_Waffle said:
Thanks for the replies. Yes, I have an enterprise in every city already; so I get about 10,000 denars whenever I'm not at war. What's an effective way to build up a strong army, though? I have eight companions who are all level 23 and have 5 trainer each. So, my troops get lots of experience pretty quickly, but it just seems like I can't get them trained up fast enough still. I get them trained up to their best and then garrison them inside my castle for later use, but then some jerk comes and tries to take my castle. I usually win the defence, but my forces are dwindled that much more.
Well, getting your companions levels up would be instrumental. I was defending Grunwalder Castle with 140 men and 8 companions (all lvl 25/26) against 780 angry Swadians. Baheshtur killed 80 men with his bow, Nizar killed 25 men with his bow, and the rest of my companions killed about 20 each. They are like tanks once you get them trained up. Also, crossbowmen would be a great help as well. They have heavier army then archers and can generally keep up a longer volley than archers because archers can fire at a faster rate. It would also be to your advantage to try and build relations with enemy lords (i.e. release them if you capture them) because then they will not have a grudge against you. I'm at war with Swadia and I have 20+ relation with every lord, so campaigns are the only reason I have to fight with them. And don't raid villages, because then the lord will have an addictive desire to destroy you.

Also, what mod are you using?

Also, I was wondering another thing. My companions consist of Deshavi, Klethi, Nizar, Katrin, Bunduk, Jeremus, Ymira and Marnid. Assuming I had just started the game and gathered this group (who all get along with each other), what skills would you assign to each one and how high would you make each skill?

Ultimate_Waffle said:
Also, I was wondering another thing. My companions consist of Deshavi, Klethi, Nizar, Katrin, Bunduk, Jeremus, Ymira and Marnid. Assuming I had just started the game and gathered this group (who all get along with each other), what skills would you assign to each one and how high would you make each skill?

How you use your Companions is purely a personal decision and your playing style.  There is no one true way you must go about it.  Some players make their Companions into pure Fighters, others have them only do Party skills.  I personally tend to go a middle ground.  I get them all to 12 in Strength/Agility first (so they fight better), then everything goes in Int so each one can do Training plus 1 Party skill (once highly skilled and they start getting extra points built up they get a 2nd Party skill as a Back-up).  So I have a couple of Medics, then a Tactician, Movement, Tracker, Engineer, Spotter, etc.

You could also make your companions nobles in your kingdom. They take a couple days to arrive, but they are an easy way to reinforce your army. You can give away the surrounding villages to them to make them nobles. They have around 40-50 men each. But remember that if you appoint companions who are not of a noble background to nobles, other lords may not like this and you will get some relation points negated. But they are a surefire way to reinforce your armies and they make very loyal lords who will do what you say generally.

Back
Top Bottom