What made you laugh today - Fifth Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

That's exactly what a bad girl would say.
As I almost said, leave it to your dear corporations to decide what's good for them and to the courts to decide whether a firing is a wrongful dismissal.
Or start your own social media pressure campaigns. That horse has bolted and we are now in a lightning quick public reaction mode which means massive hysterical knee-jerk reactions will be more common and need to be accommodated. If a corporation (or a police force lately) thinks an employee is a liability, but unfairly targetted, they could suspend him until the storm blows over, and this seems to work.

Last edited:
K, as long as it's cool and hip to cancel for banalities, can Youtube please remove from their homepage that annoying "hah i'm so quirky, because i have thick rim glasses" girl, whose name is, for crying out loud, SS Sniper Wolf. How is that not a cancelable offense?

You made me google it. She is technically SSSniperWolf, so it may be SS or a hissing sound; Sniper Wolf is some console game character known by peasant nerds and children.
Maybe if you put on nerd glasses and call yourself KKKurczak you will be a cool kid as well!

K, as long as it's cool and hip to cancel for banalities, can Youtube please remove from their homepage that annoying "hah i'm so quirky, because i have thick rim glasses" girl, whose name is, for crying out loud, SS Sniper Wolf. How is that not a cancelable offense?
Yeah seriously though, what the **** is with that girl? Every time I go on YT and I'm not logged in, she's on the top of the front page.

Tim Dillon made me laugh a lot today.

Also I just listened to an advert for some cat drug where a guy was reading out lines as if he was a cat and he said in his entirely normal human monotone voice "I used to pee on this wall" and I cracked up.

A company is making a product called "Real Water", and of course people are getting sick (liver failure).
It's so pathetic it's fun.
Real Water claims that its water {...] is infused with negative ions and has a pH of 9.0.
The company makes vague references to unproven health benefits and suggests drinking the water leads to “increased cellular hydration.”
There are no established benefits to alkaline diets and water, and the human body maintains its own healthy pH.
It's s till being ivestigated, but the case is strong.

This post-truth world is going too far. I bet there's a rise in scam products and quackery since populists began to dominate social media and politics. People like Donald and internet cults like QAnon struck a mighty blow to the authority of established science and experts, and I can't see how or when this damage can be repaired.
A decade of virus-free economic prosperity may cool off enthusiasm for paranoid fables, but it's too optimistic to expect a trouble-free period of any length, there's always the next bust or pandemic around the corner.

a mighty blow to the authority of established science and experts, and I can't see how or when this damage can be repaired.
cklIp.jpg

Tbh that kind of thing has been around for a while, way before covid and Trump. Quacks gonna quack (and potentially kill people in the process).
There was always quackery, sure.
But now it's at new levels. A few decades ago, people would have complied with the authority of the state regarding public health (regardless of the nature of the regime) and accepted mass vaccinations in an emergency, because public health authorities know best. Those that resisted were ignorant superstitious peasants or religious freaks.
Now there are many that willfully reject that authority motivated by disinformation and conspiracy theories. They are not peasants or fanatics, just people that "did their research". This mentality has some background in the anti-vaxxer movement, but it's just another strand of the anti-elitist, anti-globalist global resistance enabled by social media. Now the authority for these people is some weird doctor from the internet that reveals how the elites are planning to screw you over and all the media and the doctors lie to you, paid off by some elite villain or another.
I'm really pissed at these people as their ignorance can kill - they are the best virus spreaders. Harmless fools like flat-earthers (or Bannerlord release expecters :razz:) you can ignore, but not these guys.

Back
Top Bottom