What made you laugh today - Fifth Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm sure nobody here cares, but I just found out there's a big drama in Japan over a vtuber getting a discord message notification from her boyfriend live on stream. What makes it funny is that the vtuber was just selling "wedding ring" merch to her fans about a week before this. Why the hell would anyone... Anyway, been digging around and seeing videos of Japanese people actually crying like they're heartbroken over this. Kinda sad, but I had my laughs.

They are having a Munich Security Conference about Ukraine this weekend. Seriously? :grin:
I'm sure the Ukrainians are feeling confident that there will be peace in our time.

It´s 2022. No games are ever finished. It´s just endless cycles of patches and content until it dies out.
Sad! Many such cases!
The market share of unfinished games is increasing because the consumers are compulsive gamers who can't resist instant gratification.

Trump in interview about Putin and Ukraine:
By the way, this never would have happened with us. Had I been in office, not even thinkable. This would never have happened.
I think he sees this opportunity. I knew that he always wanted Ukraine. I used to talk to him about it. I said, ‘You can’t do it. You’re not gonna do it.’ But I could see that he wanted it. I used to ask him. We used to talk about it at length.

Some comment my friend made after the GPS told us there were objects on the road, he just goes ''Of course there are cars ahead of us!'' I don't know, cracked me up good

... initially asking for $48m. [...] his efforts to resell it have run aground, with a top bid of just $6,800 as of Thursday.
1bUGm.gif

The article is from this year. Not that old.
I have no opinion on the matter of sportsmanship other than if it's just "fun and games" and not competitive they could have just talked to the guy. Or they could just not keep score, or not record the scores from matches.

Another "I'm an offensive simpleton" moment for you.
The article is from this year. Not that old.
These kinds of news attract fierce debates in the first couple of days when they are published. Anything past that is Internet Explorer, if you are living on internet time.
I have no opinion on the matter of sportsmanship other than if it's just "fun and games" and not competitive they could have just talked to the guy. Or they could just not keep score, or not record the scores from matches.
Maybe you didn't have time to think this through, these are not real possibilities.
The point here is that high-school sports are not about humiliating the opponent, it's not a good lesson for anyone, neither the winners nor the losers. Even highly competitive professional sportsmen deliberately avoid this most of the time (for example, the Italian football league had an unwritten rule that when leading by 5 goals you should stop scoring).

Back
Top Bottom