What made you laugh today - Fifth Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Canadian parliament passed a motion supporting the Paris climate change accord. Unanimously, save for one MP. None other than the representative of my hometown riding, the wonderful Cheryl Gallant.

There is a magazine that the city council makes once a month and sends out to every person in the city. It's a nice idea. The issue is though that they named it 'Live' and now no one knows what to call it. Is it live, or is it live? We don't know.

ZXMvZtV.png

Holy ****!

Girl, 15, murdered mother and sister as they slept – then watched vampire films
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jun/09/kim-edwards-lucas-markham-murders-mother-sister-spalding

The couple [...] had sex, shared a bath and watched four Twilight vampire films as they “revelled” after the killings.

I bet they skipped Breaking Dawn - Part 2. It's worse than murder.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kevinunderhill/2010/10/06/illiterate-clown-elected-to-congress/#767709c41bc6
You can do anything you set your mind to, Crodio. I believe in you.

I was watching my Mentalist today and noticed that a courthouse policeman's uniform had a patch with the Chilean flag on it. In the next episode, we see a regular citizen's apartment, with the same flag on the wall. Curiously, the story revolved around the US and possibly Colombia, I wasn't quite sure it was exactly the Chilean flag, and something was obviously off.
Turns out it's the flag of Texas, which is remarkably similar to the Chilean one. :lol:

It's surprising how informative a TV series can be. For an example, I now know that the capital of California is Sacramento, that California is substantially larger than I thought, that there's a big city called El Paso* on the Mexican border (which is adjacent to another big city called Juárez, that's pretty cool), that Las Vegas isn't sort-of-central in Nevada, and that Nevada isn't where Idaho is. Nice!

* in Texas

Fair enough, but you know what I meant. :razz: My geography classes in school looked at the US no differently than any other single large country, meaning that my knowledge of... well, in all honesty, the entirety of North America - is quite underwhelming. Coupled with the fact that I never found any reason to look into US geography on my own, individual states (aside from those that were in AoE III maps, as well as osmosis from movies and TV) have little meaning to me beyond the names and - sometimes incorrect - geographic location. Hell, until 2013 or so, I thought Seattle was on the Great Lakes (and this is somehow Scooby Doo's fault)...

So yeah, it's always exciting to learn new things, especially when it's "on the side". :smile:

Back
Top Bottom