SP - Player, NPCs & Troops What is the point of this mechanic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Ba18070

Recruit
I really want to know what the point of the mechanic that all armies drop off huge amounts of their troops into the garrison of the town they just took is. I know why you can elect to do it- because you have extra troops, ones you dont want or can recruit better ones so you exchange what you have for influence points.
Hey, that's great a push-pull mechanic where you give some and get some. So why is it whenever I take a town my clanmates toss off a huge portion of my army into every single town we take.
Is it to intentionally stop players from capturing cities too fast?
Is it to make us have to play longer because we'll have to march all the way back across the map to get the Khan's guards again for our horse archer thematic army?
What is the point of being a clan leader if you cant actually control anything your party leaders do?
Now, i've complained about this before so this is sort of a red herring- it's not this specific issue I want to address but how it came to be in the game. I'm mainly posting this thread because I want to ask the developers at Tale Worlds to run a simple checklist before implementing an idea or mechanic, with the answer for this example in parenthesis:
-Does it fit thematically? (No, "donate" is a word that implies willingness and consent.)
-Does it fit logically? (No, its a portion of a kingdom management game where I am not allowed to manage anything)
-Does it improve gameplay or player experience? (No, it makes it more tedious and frustrating)
-Does it create, lead to, or is a necessary result of the player having fun? (No, it made me stop playing to write this up because im so frustrated)
-Does it respect the players agency to affect the game world and create the environment, playstyle or strategy that they individually want to create? (No, the direct antithesis of that)
If your idea does not check off at least 3 VERY strongly, 4 while still feeling needed or best of all, all 5 of these, then you really need to consider what its doing in your game.
Games live and die by small decisions that affect the players experience. Please use that checklist because I want your game to live forever, and to consistently say "this patch is so much better" every time one comes out.
I wouldnt post on your forums so much if I didnt really care about the game.

Back
Top Bottom