What is the bad boy system?

Users who are viewing this thread

In the features list it mentioned that the "bad boy" system was not being added into warlords, can someone tell me what it is? Because I can't find any mention of it in the vanilla SoD mod forums.

Twan said:
- The Badboy Rating (inspired from the Europa Universalis one) is here to make hard for the player to take all Calradia before invaders arrive. First, before taking his first castle he will have to make sure some other kingdoms like him, or to show a sufficient honor to be an accepted ruler. Based on the relations you have with calradian realms/kings when you become king (and your honour level) you can start with a badboy rating from 0 to 30. A dishonorable stranger with no or bad relations with calradian rulers randomly taking one of their castles has good chances to see calradian realms treat him as a bandit king and usurper, and so start wars against him as soon they can.
A minimum effort, like having +10 relation with 4 of the 5 realms, a good honor and leveled relation with one or two rulers before you take your first castle is recommanded and allow to have a reasonable badboy rating like 12 or so (trying to start with 0 don't really worth the effort and you need to be a real jerk to start with 30).

Once the player is king the following actions affect your badboy :
  - taking a town (+10),
  - taking a castle (+4)
  - attacking an AI faction without war declaration (+5 if you have not declared war via the chancellor)
  - breaking a truce with an AI faction before the end of the month (+20)
  - rejecting a peace proposal (+2)
  - losing a town (-5)
  - losing a castle (-3)
  - accepting a peace proposal (-2)
  - some laws and other decisons (effects to be added)

Note that badboy is faction based, so your lords actions have the same impact as yours.

Effects of badboy on diplomacy start to be noticeable when it is above 20 (AI factions start to have increased chances to declare wars to you, and decreased chances to propose you peaces when your badboy rating is over 10, but the effect is small). And if you reach 40 badboy, all calradian realms will declare war to you, and also have high chances to end their other wars to concentrate their forces against your kingdom.

Of course, your badboy rating decrease over time. There is a weekly badboy decay calculated like that :
- the base decay is equal to your honour +10 (increased it a little in version 4.55B)
- one Academy = +10pts of decay[/b]
- +1/10 of your relations with each of the calradian realms with a minimum of -4 for each, so high positive relations matter more than negative
-As calradians dislike your religion (or atheism), religious buildings decrease the badboy decay, so creating the infrastructure for an horde of faith troops will make harder to keep a low badboy rating :
  temples = -7 pts
  chapels = -4 pts
  shrines = -2 pts
  monasteries = -1 pt

Then this number is divided by 20, and a bonus/penalty for the size of your kingdom is added :
  if you own no city and have less than 4 lord armies, +2 to final decay
  if you own less than 3 cities and 4 castles and have less than 4 lord armies, +1 to final decay
  if you own more than 4 cities, -1 to final decay per group of 3 cities you own

The badboy decay can never be negative but may be 0. The maximum decay is 5.

Badboy, or "the whole world declares war on you."

A pretty hilarious system that helped demonstrate just how powerful the player's army could be. Also helps get you and your companions more levels. After I had a few towns, the whole economy was being run by me looting all the corpses of the people attacking me. Hah.

Back
Top Bottom