What happened to the option for disabling women warriors?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is true, but I've just started playing the game and 5 out of the 5 characters I've encountered so far are female warlords. It's just dumb. Powerful queens/faction leaders, doctors, tradespeople - I can get on board with that but a female warrior (companions) would be squashed like a grape in the first 2 seconds of combat. The rest of the game is pretty realistic about the time period (geographic locations don't matter - weapons, siege equipment, trade goods, political system, etc. do).
You dont have to recruit them, as simple as that

Did you even play Warband?? I think most people liked how it was handled in that game. No one is asking for this option becuase they don't like women in general. Taleworlds has changed their stance on this since Warband, and we all know why...

Ad hominem, nice. It is irrelvant what you think what people liked.

Misogyny doesn't mean that people don't like women in general.

More importantly: Devs can't make a game like they want, because it has been always this way? David Hume is greeting you from the grave.

It's really funny how immediately hostile everything got in here. I don't even understand the assumption that someone saying they'd prefer the game a certain way has to be woman hating? The first game still had women in it, I doubt any of these people cared or avoided employing them.

Personally I feel like it drops a little bit of the depth of Warband. I thought it was really interesting that the game world reacted differently towards you based on your sex (like in real life).

Ad hominem, nice. It is irrelvant what you think what people liked.

Misogyny doesn't mean that people don't like women in general.

More importantly: Devs can't make a game like they want, because it has been always this way? David Hume is greeting you from the grave.

Definition of misogyny
: a hatred of women

Sorry? Calling people misogynistic for asking about an option that was featured in the games predecessor sounds like the real ad hominem here.
Personally, I enjoyed playing as a women in Warband and defying odds, beating down foolish and rude misogynistic lords...

Anyone this upset about TW's fantasy setting having gender equality is an absolute loser
This is no different from any other post about realism in a game, it just happens to have something to do with women. This kind of reaction really makes you guys look stupid.
I don't care about the issue at all, just like most of the time when it's about realism, but this braindead pavlovian reaction, as soon as a topic even slightly concerns women, it's just sad and intellectually lazy.
You could just say you prefer representation over realism, but no, of course everyone is a loser and a misogynist.

Last edited:
ugh this thread full of SJWs is nauseating..even have a moderator chiming in low-key with their biases. Most players enjoy realism and immersion even in a fantasy setting..if the world is going to be filled with women warriors they may as well stuff it with bipedal dog warriors, it would be just as realistic.

You could just say you prefer representation over realism, but no, of course everyone is a loser and a misagynist.
For the record, I liked Warband's nod to realistic sexism. It was interesting if under-developed. However, the reason I liked it and the reason someone who uses the term "virtue-signaling" liked it are not the same.

Too much realism will lead to angry journalists attacking the game and giving it low reviews which then leads to game having low average score. This is highly correlated with the publisher company's value. In simple English these guys have to do stuff like this to save their finances. Remember what happened to KCD for not having black characters in 15th century Bohemia?
Realism mods will fix this.

For the record, I liked Warband's nod to realistic sexism. It was interesting if under-developed. However, the reason I liked it and the reason someone who uses the term "virtue-signaling" liked it are not the same.
That's just grand, you are able to do the famous SJW mind reading?!? You must teach me some day!

Oh my god I cant believe these stupid requests they make my head hurt just punch me with a baseball bat it will hurt less than reading angry gamers

That's just grand, you are able to do the famous SJW mind reading?!? You must teach me some day!
I don't need to read minds, I just need to read their posts. When they say stuff like

a female warrior (companions) would be squashed like a grape in the first 2 seconds of combat.

It kind of gives away their feelings on women. They didn't like the sexism because it provides an interesting opportunity for narrative / roleplay, they liked it because they see women as inferior and want media to reflect that.

I didn't think this while playing and I personally hate the whole SJW BS. However, there are quite a lot of female gang leaders running around, geeze. Also, I think the argument of "this is fiction, so we can overload a game with female warriors" is just stupid. It doesn't matter if it is fiction, they are Human like people. The women and the men are the same as our species as far as anyone knows. So, they would have the same physical advantages or shortcomings. If it were a fantasy world where women could use magic to enhance their strength or somehow magically become super physically strong then the argument would have merit.

Okay so let me get this straight i hate women and i am misogonist becouse i dont like seeing almost all companions female? It is medevial game ffs. I am more than okay to have 50 50 where is normal to have like cyberpunk or idunno modern times but for a game that is trying to be historical accurate (yes its fantasy) to time period haveing so mutch women dosent make sence, not becouse we hate woman but becouse men are just stronger then women.. and come on now aim all your rage at me and call me rasist and all JUST becouse i disagree with you. Thanks and have a good day

Good lord, this thread is fun.
I don't recall when it became misogynistic to prefer men to fight and die in armed combat so that the women of the nation they're defending wouldn't have to face the atrocities of war. Must've missed that memo.
Calling someone a misogynist because they observe that there are physical differences between the sexes is absurd. There's a bloody good reason why men were the ones who joined the military and fought wars, and women weren't allowed to. And it wasn't because of sexism against women -- rather, quite the opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom