What happened to the mentor program?

Users who are viewing this thread

I just skimmed through the threads and didn't see it. Is it cancelled?? Does anyone know what I'm talking about? The program where people could sign on for mentors and get "tutored" on dueling/sword and board etc.? I signed on for that three or four years ago I think and I was just looking for it to check out the available mentors for NA dueling and it looks like its gone  :sad: Anyone know what's up?

It kind of died a year and a half ago or so now. The original iteration died long before that, but if you're lookin for help just hop on the pub NA servers. I bet someone will give you some tips.

I've taught quite a few new players in the past. If you're interested in learning the basics of infantry, shoot me a PM on here.

Credentials- shiny gold medal in my signature so that must mean I'm a god?

I appreciate the feedback, but as I near 4,000 hours, I'm looking for something more one-on-one and advanced :p I used to be a lot better at native and NW than I am now, and it's because I took a break for two years, and I want to practice and learn a little bit more about micro-feinting and other things to get myself back on the road.

Add me at [RG] Crusader if you want to help me out

The_Troubadour said:
I've taught quite a few new players in the past. If you're interested in learning the basics of infantry, shoot me a PM on here.

It's funny you bring it up, you were my very short-term mentor from this program and the person who pushed me into competitive native for a year or two.  :wink:

Interest in the game has been dying for a while now; thus, save from some major tournies, programs/events related to the game are mostly dead. The beauty of WB is any "trick" in combat can be countered, so it's really a matter of getting your basics down then fine-tuning them to create your own style. As for duel, in my experience, it's gotten to the point where whoever makes their character looks spastic the most with a greatsword wins. The way many of these duelists nowadays duel gives me a headache and so I make a mistake and dies.

Courtney said:
As for duel, in my experience, it's gotten to the point where whoever makes their character looks spastic the most with a greatsword wins. The way many of these duelists nowadays duel gives me a headache and so I make a mistake and dies.
mfw

The_Troubadour said:

Can confirm troub trained me and now I am the wpl2 champion. I even beat him 7-1 before we even started training!  :lol:

I'll save you the time and tell you straight up what all these tools will teach you and that is look at the ground and left swing until they die and occasionally right click.

If you're willing to seek him out, you can find the great sage known as oodle at the top of the NA mountain. He is one of the finest inf mentors NA has to offer. If you are willing to take the journey to seek him out and convince him to take you as his pupil, I am sure he can make a manimal out of you yet.

Xenomorph4412 said:
I'll save you the time and tell you straight up what all these tools will teach you and that is look at the ground and left swing until they die and occasionally right click.

This is why you're garbage.

Back
Top Bottom