What exactly does Tactics do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Sorkenlol

Knight
I'm just wondering, what exactly does Tactics do? Do they make your allies AI better or just put you in a better starting area on the battlemap? I have 9 tactics and can't say I've noticed any difference at all.

search next time, i know there are thread around with the answer, anyhow now im here anyway.

When you start a fight, there is a Battle advantage number, each point in tactics encreases the battle advantage in your favor.

Kraven said:
search next time, i know there are thread around with the answer, anyhow now im here anyway.

When you start a fight, there is a Battle advantage number, each point in tactics encreases the battle advantage in your favor.

Every 2 points in tactics, you gain an additional troop and your opponent loses a troop.

For every 2 points in Tactics you gain 1 man and the enemy loses 1 man.

Edit: DAMN YOU TRIOSTA!

Triosta said:
Kraven said:

Every 2 points in tactics, you gain an additional troop and your opponent loses a troop.

Yeah, but the enemy losing a troop is still a 1 point in battle advantage due to them having one less, aswell as getting 1 troop without the enemy losing any is also one point in battle advantage due to getting one more than the enemy.

Danath said:
Somebody said that you need some points on tactics to make the "stand closer" (or the opposite) be effective. I haven't tested that.

I can say with certainty, that is false.  I just did in the game I alt-tabbed out of to come here, and I have no tactics skill at all.  I had an infantry line with a line of archers behind it, and I told the archers to go in front.  They couldn't get through the line, so I told my infantry to spread out to let them through.  They responded immediately.
People were perpetuating that rumor in the last version too, and it just isn't true.

1 troop per 2 points of tactics?!  for real?  that seems kind of useless.  i never pay that much attention, but i have a companion that does tactics.

is that ratio fixed?  i mean, if your battle size is 70 and there are more than 70 troops all together, does tactics still only shift one troop/2 points?  seems really small.

Thanks for the replies, tactics doesn't seem very useful in big fights, but it's just a sideskill that I use for one of my "heroes" anyway, when he doesn't have enough Attribute Points in X to upgrade X and gets some spare skill points.

Well, if you're using the battle size changer and setting it high enough so that both armies field all of their units, there's no point to tactics.  Although I am almost certain it makes more of a difference than just 1 troop.  It depends on your battlesize, but having a battle advantage of even just 1 can mean you fielding 4 or 5 more troops, and them 4 or 5 less.  Bottom liine is, if you're using the default battle size, it's a great skill.  If you're using the battle size changer, it becomes useless. 

Naridill said:
matthew said:
1 troop per 2 points of tactics?!  for real?  that seems kind of useless.  i never pay that much attention, but i have a companion that does tactics.

is that ratio fixed?  i mean, if your battle size is 70 and there are more than 70 troops all together, does tactics still only shift one troop/2 points?  seems really small.

With ten points, your enemy has 5 men less and you have five men more. That's pretty useful. If you're a *****.

Because the player counts as 20 more troops than the enemy, right?

No, The player can easily be 50 to 100.  I do think that it matters though.  I 've fought battles where the enemy had 300 something and I had 100 multiple times.  When I had low tactics, I got like 14 guys, but when I had around 5 i got 40.

You've got it all wrong...
It's multiples, not just 1 miserable soldier.
2 points in tactics nets you an increase of 1 in your battle advantage.
1 point in battle advantage nets you an extra 50% of the ratio of your troops/enemy troops.

e.g.
I have 4 points in tactics, I have 150 men.
Enemy has 0 in Tactics, he has 300 men.
Because I have tactics, Battle Advantage = 0.
Because Battle Advantage = 0, we both spawn with the same amount of men.

Speaking of Tactics I heard somewhere that its stackable like trainer is. Basically when you join a battle your tactics is determined by the sum of the tactics skill of your character and the tactics skills of your companions. Can anyone verify this or correct me if im wrong?

That is correct.

I have 2 guys @ tactics 10, and I can clearly see it stacks because I mostly outnumber the enemy. Battle size is restricted because of performace issues.

Also, AFAIR you can use the "Order some soldiers to cover your retreat" option only with at least one point in tactics.

G36E said:
You've got it all wrong...
It's multiples, not just 1 miserable soldier.
2 points in tactics nets you an increase of 1 in your battle advantage.
1 point in battle advantage nets you an extra 50% of the ratio of your troops/enemy troops.

e.g.
I have 4 points in tactics, I have 150 men.
Enemy has 0 in Tactics, he has 300 men.
Because I have tactics, Battle Advantage = 0.
Because Battle Advantage = 0, we both spawn with the same amount of men.

Thanks men! finally i got it right!

well really seems tactic is a top notch skill then! exspecially cosidering the fact I just hate to have reinforcements spawning in the middle of  enemy cavalry or stuff like that..

Naridill said:
With ten points, your enemy has 5 men less and you have five men more. That's pretty useful. If you're a *****.

Bwahahaha! Well put, that's nigh-on sig worthy. :lol:

I really hope they did something about Tactics for 1.0... :???:

That's five guys for each time you go into the battle screen, which with the battle size set to the typical 48, will matter.

Back
Top Bottom