What do you want Bannerlord to be?

Users who are viewing this thread

I've seen in almost all discussions but in particular those on balancing issues that the people's expectations, what they've expected and wanted the game to be, are causing some major misunderstandings and pointless arguments, chaos. For example, there are idiots people who are happy with Bannerlord simply adding some fancy (not really) animations, graphics and slight improvements over Warband, and then there are people who expect Bannerlord to be at least somewhat as revolutionary as Warband was in it's inventiveness and inspiredness, taking every bit of community suggestion and making Bannerlord the best M&B there could ever be.

We cannot say for certain how Bannerlord may change at the end of its EA phase, but despite that I believe it is important that the majority agree on generally which road the development should go, to at least give the devs the general idea as they seem very confused at the moment. Or maybe it's just that they refuse to tell us their plans, unwise of them because it leaves us making assumptions and causes uncertainty which doesn't exactly promote optimism.

So, tell us your opinion on the current state of the game, which direction it's taking and which you would prefer it did.

Last edited:
I want more to do with the crime aspect, especially more activities in cities involving gangs, thievery, etc.. But most of all, I want it to be a Mount & Blade game.

For example, there are idiots people who are happy with Bannerlord simply adding some fancy (not really) animations, graphics and slight improvements over Warband, and then there are people who expect Bannerlord to be at least somewhat as revolutionary as Warband was in it's inventiveness and inspiredness, taking every bit of community suggestion and making Bannerlord the best M&B there could ever be.

I guess its pretty clear where you stand on the matter.

For me, I'd have been thrilled with nothing more than a next-gen version of Warband with smart AI, a good interface, and robust modding capabilities.

I haven't played warband but from what other people have said it sounds like a very interesting game. I want them to finish adding warband's features which is an absolute necessity; otherwise bannerlord is just a less fun game that looks wayy prettier than warband. I do hope they finish adding voice acting since if you play through the main quest you would know there is one character who actually speaks; so I hope there will be a lot more voice acting. But I want them to finish the core elements first before any of that.

I really want to see a lot more things to do outside of being a lord however. Like being able to train your recruits rather than have good men risk their lives against bandits and looters. Being able to develop your workshops further like give them names and interesting upgrades like making arrangements for further supplies from other villages to increase daily money gain. As for having your castles; having recruiters is a must in my opinion. Having them make use of the training grounds and rank up should be a thing as well.

You cannot build something without good foundations.
This good foundations are good perf and less bugs for feature we already have. So I want that for the next 3-4 months. After, I will think about it. Intregreate or adapt some good mods ? I would love to see some diplomatic mod from warband integrate in the game.

A Warband with updated graphics will please a lot of fans. But it will not grow beyond the current fanbase. Many of my friends who have not played Warband cannot see where the appeal of Bannerlord is.

No I want more people to play MnB. The essence of it should not change. But more features and improved mechanics should be added. And most importantly, they should all tie together nicely and not like fragmented individual additions to the game here and there.

I like the core of the game, but I hope for the simulation to be more complete. I would love to see new nations being able to be born and nobles/clans with actual goals other than serving their king or being a king and ruling the whole world. even if new nations is not a thing, I would like to see less snowball so I can play on the same save for multiple generations.

I guess its pretty clear where you stand on the matter.

For me, I'd have been thrilled with nothing more than a next-gen version of Warband with smart AI, a good interface, and robust modding capabilities.
oh the youth...
I've seen in almost all discussions but in particular those on balancing issues that the people's expectations, what they've expected and wanted the game to be, are causing some major misunderstandings and pointless arguments, chaos. For example, there are idiots people who are happy with Bannerlord simply adding some fancy (not really) animations, graphics and slight improvements over Warband, and then there are people who expect Bannerlord to be at least somewhat as revolutionary as Warband was in it's inventiveness and inspiredness, taking every bit of community suggestion and making Bannerlord the best M&B there could ever be.

We cannot say for certain how Bannerlord may change at the end of its EA phase, but despite that I believe it is important that the majority agree on generally which road the development should go, to at least give the devs the general idea as they seem very confused at the moment. Or maybe it's just that they refuse to tell us their plans, unwise of them because it leaves us making assumptions and causes uncertainty which doesn't exactly promote optimism.

So, tell us your opinion on the current state of the game, which direction it's taking and which you would prefer it did.
Well, basically I want it to be Warband's successor. Which it seems to be, but can't know for sure due to missing stuff, way too much missing stuff...

I want Mount and Blade Bannerlord to be somewhat like Crusader Kings (which it seems to be trying to be), with generations of npc families vying for dominance as you and your clan work to carve a place amidst the realms. Just like in Crusader Kings 2, we need dynamic events to shake things up like foreign invasions, noble rebellions and even uprisings by the minor factions. Where I want it to differ from Crusader Kings 2 is in its focus on your own individual struggles and adventurers.

And most of all, I want the storyline to either be completed or reworked because I want to rescue my siblings so I can get on with my own tale.

Back
Top Bottom