What be on yer noggin?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me seeing unfamiliar looking person at my work place: oh hey, I don't believe I've seen you here before 
Female co-worker: yes you have, I'm just not wearing make-up today.

Wow, school sucks. Well, at least I got through the crunch of the first couple weeks, so I can return to lurking around these parts more. You all can rejoice now.

Got my sentence today, 12 months probation, $1700, a drug class, a life skills class, and 50 hrs community service for less than a gram of weed. But they're gonna strike it from my record if I do it right so I get to keep my driver's license, so nice of them. :dead:

krik said:
Got my sentence today, 12 months probation, $1700, a drug class, a life skills class, and 50 hrs community service for less than a gram of weed. But they're gonna strike it from my record if I do it right so I get to keep my driver's license, so nice of them. :dead:

krik said:
Jesus, so ****ing bull****.

That's really crappy. What's life skills class though? Teach you to go to the bank and make food? Which, by the way, are totally things I wish the school system would have taught me instead of assuming my parents do it.

krik said:
Absolute bull**** indeed. Is this a result of a common US policy, or is it something related to your specific state?

But guys, if we don't look away people for ridiculous amounts of time how will we keep the criminals at bay!?

Jokes aside, the US criminal system is a great example of what happens when you have a criminal system that mostly seems to ignore any actual research regarding crime (why it happens and how to decrease crime being to important areas) and instead relies on a bunch of untested ideas to develop systems for dealing with crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom