What are you playing right now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Dunno, it lacks cohesion, I don't feel compelled to do anything in that game.

The combat itself is fun but it feels detached from everything else. The dialogue isn't terrible but it's really saucer-deep and downright cheap silly, as do most missions. I have to mention again that the story is crap.

Also there's too much walking. Too much time is spent going through already clared areas/town to talk to x and y back and forth.

To each his own I guess, didn't clicked for me.

Those are issues that I really can't deny. The game really isn't very polished in many ways. But none of those are things that are really big issues for my enjoyment, so I do think that it does come down to preference in that sense. I just think that overall there's so much good in there that it doesn't get overshadowed by those flaws, even though admittedly the writing is a pretty major weakness a lot of the time - still got some good bits in there, but overall dissapointing.

Playing battleground europe again. I really missed that game. Just got shot by a rifleman whom I missed as he ran about ten meters ahead of me. Clearly Im a bit rusty  :mad:

Edit: Very rusty. Been killed nine times.

So my long-time craving for an open-world driving game has pushed me to re-install Test Drive Unlimited 2. I loved that game when it came out, then slowly started hating it with every fiber of my being. It's been what, two years since I last played it? Eh, it's alright. It's very much the Dark Souls of driving games. If you treat it like a casual arcade button masher, you're gonna have a bad time. Take it slow and methodical and you're halfway to victory.

So I'm the playing the rogue-like Prospector again after not touching it for oh, I don't know, a year or two. Holy crap, this game is confusing and the UI is less than helpful.

It sure is fun though, I'm glad Pixel reminded me of it.

Tried Warframe for a bit yesterday.

Whoever designed the UI and general structure of the game must be a really confused individual, what a ****ing mess.

Also controls were clearly designed for controller, they're **** in M + K and the rebinding options are crap.

AI is crap too. I get to shoot guys with the bow one if front of the other and they won't move a muscle, and a lot of times they get stuck into cover or keep circling in the same place.

The game also runs like crap. I can't get constant 60 fps without making it look awful.

Anyway, there are the goodies: the movement and general style of the game is really cool. Graphics are decent too.

Shame it's just another F2P grindfest, could've been a good game.

FPS: I found it strange too, I can run BF4 on max without any FPS hiccups even in a large battles with lots of players, explosions, vehicles and whatnot on screen.

Controls: Well, then it plainly sucks. There are too much buttons to press for the amount of things you can do, and I haven't found a way to rebind them accordingly.

Interface: The camera also bobs too much and generally important information, such as items and stuff is around 3 clicks away buried in a menu somewhere.

Also the feedback is terrible. I'm sure if I get used to the game it'll get better, but everything is too overly complicated for what it is.

It's not the bobbing when walking, I dunno, the camera is kinda shaky and overly sensible when you move it around, it gets weird on my eyes.

About the controls, I can play fine, it's just the controls feel really clunky, as is the feedback from the character.

Anyway, thanks for the offer, but I won't be playing this anymore, it has a cool husk but the gameplay is pretty dull.

I'm better off playing Hawken to scratch my sci-fi itch  :razz:

SacredStoneHead said:
AI is crap too. I get to shoot guys with the bow one if front of the other and they won't move a muscle, and a lot of times they get stuck into cover or keep circling in the same place.

The game also runs like crap. I can't get constant 60 fps without making it look awful.
I don't get these two to be honest.

The game effectively runs at max and stable on a potato for me. My old PC, my current one and when I had a mix of both. Yesterday it actually randomly decided to run at 120 FPS for some unfathomable reason for a few minutes :lol:
Which unsurprisingly felt like **** on my 60Hz monitor, by the way.

AI getting stuck and turning in circles I saw a handful of times but definitely not as a regular thing. Not even close.
Besides, there's no AI to speak off, and since it's all different variations of horde mode it doesn't really need one either IMO.
That being said, just yesterday I told the others that I'd like to see group tactics, for the Grineer at least. Shield guys blocking a hallway with bombards using them as cover to deliver their payloads of "nope". Would make it more difficult and would make more sense as well.

That's what I'm talking about, the enemies are too dumb.

I was playing with the bow, if you keep your distance you can kill everybody in a tiny room full of enemies without anyone giving a damn, it's ridiculous.

About the graphics, I fiddled with a lot of stuff and none gave me FPS gains, still haven't figured out what the **** is going on.

Back
Top Bottom