What are you playing right now?

Users who are viewing this thread

it never got into the early 90s, having first been released in 2006. you're thinking about UnReal World (and are wrong about that too). more to the point, the dorf fort boys constantly develop it in new interesting directions - but maybe those just don't appeal to you (or maybe you're just unaware, being so comitted to being pompous about it).
I played URW too. :grin:
I thought DF was made later, but it was as if made by someone stuck in the 90s, and even URW definitely looks better. (DF actually looks like the Empire game developed in the early 70s for ascii terminals... played that too.)
Sometimes the mind is stuck in time and shuts down to outside developments, that's what I was aiming at. What would the DF boys say about Unreal Engine 5? Is it good for a fully 3D DF conversion? That's what I'm talking about.
Note how fans trying to make up for DF shortcomings already built some UE visualization tools for DF. This should be normal and expected from any game dev. You can't just thumb your nose and say to the fans "I don't wanna" or "it's not in the Vision(tm)". Any other dev would be roasted over this, but not the DF boys who are special, beyond ANY criticism, and protected by their fan guard.

Anyway, I wish you fine DF fans and others a very Happy New Year.
Here are some DF themed pictures.

1609187492.jpg
ss_d7ccb0e35b9a2fcced4e83f59c88844ffcfd1a94.600x338.jpg
1200px-MW-creature-Yagrum_Bagarn.jpg

Last edited:
In the last 6 months these are the games I have played that I can recommend:

Cyberpunk 2077 - PC version. I am not a fan of the management decisions, but the designers, artists, coders, producers, directors, writers and actors did a superb job.

Wartales (early access - recently updated) These devs listen to the player base. Last summer I presented them with multiple design documents to improve the player experience and they implemented all of them within the next two patches. They solicited the players input and I decided to test them on their intent. I was pleasantly surprised at their responsiveness.

Empyrion - Galactic Survival (single player) Long alpha but every patch expands the game in an interesting way. Very small team, and they are not quite there yet. This has definite potential. I would still consider this an early access game.

7 days to die (early access - recently updated) Fun and well designed experience that is constantly being updated.

After a long break, I decided to reminisce about a great game, GTA 5. It's probably one of my favorite games. I've always enjoyed both playing the storyline and going through the extra missions. But sometimes you just want to come up with your own storyline and it's sometimes even more interesting than any story mission, especially if you use kiddions mod menu. Just this game has found a second wind with the advent of the ability to play this game on the Internet. We often get together with friends and play it all together.

You'd think a fully procedurally generated murder mystery detective game would not be good, but Shadows of Doubt is proving me wrong. Tremendous stuff, even if it bugs out every now and then.

i play this game and age of wonders 3 not planet fall the newest one.it ok if u like Bannerlord/warband you’ll like it,.although aow3 is very more in depth and turn based strategy empire building fun

It could be a simple ad, the game's dev is one Lukasz Jakowski and he sent his small children to spam the net's forums.
Obviously you should never buy or play a game named "Age of X".

Edit: btw you should definitely call your game "Age of Iron Chieftains"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom