what about hunting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Actual hunting would require a stupid amount of development time and resources for a mechanic that is in no way integral or necessary to the M&B experience. It could be nice for some roleplay playthroughs, but not for the majority of them.
It's just not a mechanic that's worth making considering this is a game about medieval politics and battles, not peasant life.

Hunting was for lords, right? Or am I missing something? Pretty sure the whole Robert Baratheon thing wasn't just pulled out of Cersei's ass. If that's true, I'd say it's no less necessary than Warband's feasts.

is there hunting in bannerlord?
Hunting was available in some of the mods in warband, and It would be cool if hunting was add by taleworld officially

fd2d5dcc1755134a0bf589484d383477.jpg

300px-T_Jedruszek_direwolf.jpg

assassin-s-creed-odyssey-archer-hunting-moose-wallpaper-2560x1080-15684_14.jpg
Absolutely agree.
I thought that it's planned, because why not?

Also it would have been nice if there was a possibility to go on a hunt with other lords to better relationship and just because you are a lord and lords aren't lords if they don't go on hunts. :smile:

is there hunting in bannerlord?
Hunting was available in some of the mods in warband, and It would be cool if hunting was add by taleworld officially

fd2d5dcc1755134a0bf589484d383477.jpg

300px-T_Jedruszek_direwolf.jpg

assassin-s-creed-odyssey-archer-hunting-moose-wallpaper-2560x1080-15684_14.jpg
Hunting was fully implemented in Viking Conquest, yes? The Boar hunting was fun, took a while but I figured out to take on a good sized herd, dismounted of course. I think the mechanic is known, so implementing it in C# shouldn't be too tough. I think since hunting was a bonding activity among the nobility and a means of survival among the peasantry it could serve both purposes, invite nobles to a hunt on your lands. In KC: Deliverance hunting was hella fun.

I hunt looters for sport with my rhomphaia. I don't drink from their skulls cause I don't know where they've been.

Hunting would be pretty cool as an alternative to tournaments/a way to get some more food while money is tight. Pigs, chickens, and dogs are already in the game, so animating wild boar, pheasants, and wolves wouldn't be too much trouble. There could also be a few hunting related perks in the archery and scouting skill lines. Probably better off being a modded thing over an official thing though.

Hunting is a must and would add a lot to the game not to mention the synergy it would add to trade and skill buffs. The map is beautiful and there could be hunting spots scattered around the map like boar groves, bear caves, and deer glades. The hunting spots could be hidden at first but would be discovered as your party travels and as they are located they could boost the scouting skill. Also it would be nice to see packs of wolfs roaming the map at night that would attack small parties or the player if he is solo. We TW is good at animations, the horse animations are amazing so other animals are possible.

I really hope hunting gets added to the game.
But it must be challenging. If you can just walk up to the animals and almost melee them i don't need it.
Not really a fan of the "wolves attack partys" idear.

I really hope hunting gets added to the game.
But it must be challenging. If you can just walk up to the animals and almost melee them i don't need it.
Not really a fan of the "wolves attack partys" idear.
Agree with you. We need hunting, and not just like call of wild's limited view..We also need fish hunting, fishing. Some wild animals that attack villagers in village can be also count as hunting. Some events..

Actual hunting would require a stupid amount of development time and resources for a mechanic that is in no way integral or necessary to the M&B experience. It could be nice for some roleplay playthroughs, but not for the majority of them.
It's just not a mechanic that's worth making considering this is a game about medieval politics and battles, not peasant life.
Wasn't there a insane amount of resources put into animal mechanics for Red Dead Redemption? Primarily to simulate hunting?

Wasn't there a insane amount of resources put into animal mechanics for Red Dead Redemption? Primarily to simulate hunting?
Speaking very broadly, RDR2 as a game is largely about simulating the American cowboy lifestyle. Hunting is a natural mechanic to include to the game. Especially considering that all the of game's systems connected to animals would exist without any sort of hunting mechanic anyway, since the game is set in the wild American West.

What systems does Bannerlord have that could tie into hunting in an interesting way?
Taleworlds can't even figure out how to make the elementary parts of their game interact with each other properly.
There literally exists no possible universe where they could both implement hunting in a technically acceptable state, AND make it interact well with the rest of the game's mechanics.

Last edited:
Hunting was a lot of fun in Viking Conquest already, even though it was fairly simple. It wouldn't take much at all to improve it, adding more trees to the hunting maps and making hunting more rewarding would make a "huge" difference already.

What systems does Bannerlord have that could tie into hunting in an interesting way?

Lords you have a good relationship with, could invite you to hunt together, which could increase relationship if successfull, it could also be used to increase certain skills and get special material, which could be used for crafting or as a quest item and so on. Even if it wouldn't tie to another system at all, like it did in VC, its still fun and you get some useful meat.

And btw, I think this thread belongs to the Suggestions thread.

Hunting was a lot of fun in Viking Conquest already, even though it was fairly simple. It wouldn't take much at all to improve it, adding more trees to the hunting maps and making hunting more rewarding would make a "huge" difference already.

Lords you have a good relationship with, could invite you to hunt together, which could increase relationship if successfull, it could also be used to increase certain skills and get special material, which could be used for crafting or as a quest item and so on. Even if it wouldn't tie to another system at all, like it did in VC, its still fun and you get some useful meat.

And btw, I think this thread belongs to the Suggestions thread.
While VC's isn't bad. its also rather bare bones. And I would not want that to just be what I find in the game. Also I think the designers have actually done a great job here. I just want what they do to be great not semi competent.

just.. no

1. It's a sandbox game where you start out as almost a wanderer so you don't start doing only war related activities
2. what relationship with the peasants ? hunting was also a noble activity at the time
3. you say that it is not necessary or that it has its place in Bannerlord but yet it had its place in Viking Conquest no ?
4. If hunting, which is an element that is also in many Warband mods is not necessary, while it would give a fresh touch to the gaming experience in Bannerlod by avoiding redundant activities (personally that's how I see it) ? what did you propose?

don't take this question as a provocation i'm asking it seriously

dont talk to me about achievement

Last edited:
Not to sound disagreable or dismissive, but none of these things sound interesting to me for Bannerlord.

1. It's a sandbox game where you start out as almost a wanderer so you don't start doing only war related activities
2. what relationship with the peasants ? hunting was also a noble activity at the time
3. you say that it is not necessary or that it has its place in Bannerlord but yet it had its place in Viking Conquest no ?
4. If hunting, which is an element that is also in many Warband mods is not necessary, while it would give a fresh touch to the gaming experience in Bannerlod by avoiding redundant activities (personally that's how I see it) ? what did you propose?

don't take this question as a provocation i'm asking it seriously

1. The starting out as a wanderer part is by far the most boring, least interesting part of M&B. It's nothing more than the grind phase that you have to slog through before you can get to the """good""" stuff. The core of M&B games is war activities such as battles and politics. Hunting has no sensible way of playing into these things in an interesting way.

2. 0 interest in either of those things. I care about peasant relations with The Witcher 3, not in Bannerlord where the sole purpose of peasants is to get themselves killed in the endless Calradian meat grinder.

3. I don't think it added anything of value to VC.

4. I don't think Taleworlds or capable of implementing worthwhile hunting mechanics, and even if they could, these resources could be better spent improving literally anything else in the game. Lord knows it needs it.

In the insane event that hunting ever gets added to the game, I don't see how it can be anything more than a novelty mechanic that gets forgotten about after a few tries. Either that or it becomes another tedious mechanic that you have to power through to get past the early game sleepwalking phase.

Back
Top Bottom