Users who are viewing this thread

Took some feedback from previous thread and played the beta to get a better sense of what is being worked on.
Here's my copium and venting method in ways I think the game could be drastically improved without major overhauls.

Don't expect folks to read the whole thing, just pick a topic and give an agree or disagree if ya could.

1) Trainers

- Companions/Clan Members can be assigned a tutor or trainer while waiting in settlements or assigned as a governor that cost a daily wage.
-- These can be assigned in the clan menu.
-- They will provide daily SP in one of two skill trees based on what tutor or trainer is assigned.
-- Training ends once the hero is removed from settlement.

- Children receive daily SP relevant to their tutor once it is assigned.

2) Quests

- Companions/Clan Members that resolve a quest should be rewarded charm experience equivalent to what the player receives.

- Quests the player cannot accept (faction specific, bad relations, faction leader) should be marked as red instead of blue.

- Increase experience Companions/Clan Members receive from resolving quests.

3) Mercenaries

- Add a unique tab in Kingdom screen for hiring mercenary companies.
-- Mercenaries can also be hired by talking to any member of the clan.

- Mercenary contracts should be for a fixed period of 30 days.
-- Mercenaries cannot be hired by another Kingdom during this period.

- Mercenary contracts should require an upfront cost of 1000 denars per member of company.

- Daily wage of Mercenary companies should be 100 denars per member of company.

- Faction specific hostile Mercenary companies should have a base relation of -50 with ruler faction to ensure they aren't hired by that faction.

- Once contract ends, it can be renewed again for a 20% increase in the upfront cost.
-- Each subsequent renewal will be increased by 20%.

- Once a mercenary company is released from their contract, they have a two week cooldown before they accept a new contract.

- Player is subjected to the same rules while they are applying as a mercenary.

4) Renown

- Add a 15% penalty to renown received from battle per clan tier.

5) Traits

- Traits have a numerical value to them in character menu.

- Decisions indicate whether the player will gain or lose trait points.

- Increase base value for having similar or different traits to +/- 5 respectively.

- Increase the amount of valor/calculating trait increases/decrease decisions.

6) Relations

- Relations with heroes and clans decrease over time to base values.
-- Base values are determined by the characters traits.
-- Clan base value will be determined by Clan leader.
-- Decrease of 1 per week.
-- No notification of this decrease.

- Increase the requirement to be considered friend or rival to +/- 50 respectively.

- Killing an enemy clan member in battle should incur a -20 penalty with that clan.
-- include dialog that they acknowledge you killed their clan member in battle.

7) Vassals

- Clan tier 3 required to be considered for vassalage for player.

- Increase penalty for voting against another vassal to -5/-15/-25 respectively.

- Increase value of supporting another clan to +5.

- Vassals incur a -2 relation decrease with ruler clan whenever their party is defeated or captured.

- Vassals incur a -10 relation decrease with ruler clan whenever one of their fiefs is captured.

- Vassals incur a daily -1 relation decrease with ruler clan if they own no fiefs.

- Vassals defecting to another Kingdom while keeping their fiefs is a declaration of war.

8 ) Kingdom Decisions

- Kingdom decisions as a ruler do not affect relations (Known Bug)
-- Decisions should +/- 5 relation with voting parties, +/- 15 if the Ruler overrides the majority.

9) Policies

- Approval of policies should be a numerical value based on Clan Leaders culture and traits.

- Policies should automatically be subjected to a renewal ever 2 years after its implementation.

10) AI parties/recruitment

- AI should spend 5 influence to create new parties.

- Instead of recruiting from an invisible pool, AI spends influence to recruit pass the limit of villages and settlements.
-- 0.5 influence per recruit.

11) Gang Leaders

- Gang leaders provide bandit troops instead of culture troops in recruitment pool.

- Gang Leader influence being Powerful or Influential has negative effects on settlement.
-- Powerful inflicts - 0.5 Loyalty/ -1 Security, Influential inflicts -1 Loyalty/ -2 Security.

12) Campaign Map

- Increase food consumption of non-native troops in different culture regions by 10%

- Increase impact of Winter on parties and settlements.
-- Increase food consumption of parties by 15% and incur a morale penalty of -3.
-- Village production is reduced by 40%.
-- Settlement food consumption is increased by 20%.

13) Events

- Introduce random events to settlements and villages that affect growth/production in certain regions.
-- These would be identifiable by icons on the campaign map and settlement screen.

Examples:
-- Festivals increase settlement loyalty and prosperity.
-- Plagues would reduce security and prosperity.
-- Earthquakes could reduce certain buildings to lower levels while lowering prosperity.
-- Famines or Drought would reduce the production of villages, while lowering food production of settlements.
-- Bountiful Harvests or Labor Boosts would increase the production of villages, while increasing food production of settlements.

- Introduce trade demands or culture trends events to diversify the economy.
-- These would pop up as notifications and last for a specific period.
-- Would adjust trade value of items in these settlements.

Examples:

-- Culture specific towns demanding luxury goods for a period.
-- Kingdoms imposing temporary tariffs on certain goods.

14 Battles/Sieges

- Fix pathing and collision detection on siege ladders.
-- Troops no longer will downscale ladders when morale breaks.

- Remove morale loss immunity of defending troops operating siege engines.

- Create and assign nobles to a unique formation that sits at the back of the army/party during battles.
-- Similar to Battian noble troops, they would be assigned a guard of spear/pikemen.

- Provide notifications whenever a hero is wounded or killed in battle.

- Increase morale penalty whenever a leader is wounded or killed in battle.

Vent over, have a great Holiday season folks.

11) Gang Leaders
- Gang Leader influence being Powerful or Influential has negative effects on settlement.
-- Powerful inflicts - 0.5 Loyalty/ -1 Security, Influential inflicts -1 Loyalty/ -2 Security.
This would be terrible.

There aren't many ways to weaken a gang leader besides constantly beating up their men in alleys and quests. Even then, it takes forever and a day to have an impact and the moment you leave they'll start regaining power. Oh yeah, every city can have two or three gang leaders in it, so whatever grind you do for one imagine having to double or triple that effort.

The game already has enough incentives to not give a single damn about your settlements, it doesn't need more.

- Gang leaders provide bandit troops instead of culture troops in recruitment pool.

This makes total sense!

13) Events

- Introduce random events to settlements and villages that affect growth/production in certain regions.
-- These would be identifiable by icons on the campaign map and settlement screen.

Examples:
-- Earthquakes could reduce certain buildings to lower levels while lowering prosperity.
-- Famines or Drought would reduce the production of villages, while lowering food production of settlements.
-- Bountiful Harvests or Labor Boosts would increase the production of villages, while increasing food production of settlements.

Examples:

I was just thinking the other day it would be cool if there were random events in towns and villages! Good to see someone else also had the idea and you put a lot of thought into it.

Something like a plague outbreak could really make the campaign interesting, especially if it wasn't addressed by either the player or the owning AI it could start spreading to other settlements, disrupting trade, prosperity and the affected economy, and lead to rebellions in towns and lower the available number of recruits.

The stuff in 1.6.6 will be stuff they've been working on for months and maybe a few fixes to new bugs. There's no way they can crank out any of this stuff from reading the post.

1) Trainers
Okay good suggestions. I'll put up a little more "menu lord" if I can get certain passive skills in a new way.
2) Quests
Good. I think also quests that involve fighting/units sent should give some troop exp too. Been awhile but last I tried they didn't.
Mercenaries
I don't know about this stuff, I think the main things mercs needs are 1: a messenger system for the player not have to waste time finding the leader 2: Ability to turn or retain a merc, by paying them more then thier contract, or raising the wage to retain them. 3: Limit to how many mercs a AI faction can have, as is they gobble them all up and it's lame. It's lame to see the ruler clan and 8 mercs still trying to pester you with no fiefs? How do they pay for it? Who knows.... I suspect they don't get penalized if they can't pay each day so they're effectively free if the ruler is already broke, but idduno.
4) Renown

No. What is this for? Did you actually have a problem with this playing the game?
5) Traits
Okay.
6) Relations

No. All of this is bad and makes me question your experience playing the game. If you have this you will just not ever have any positive relations. The pace and flow of the game is not compatible with this and you should know that if you played into the late game. You might as well just delete relation system if you're going to passively lose them.

7) Vassals

No, doesn't add anything, TW needs to ADD to the game, not tinker with more nonsense. It doesn't matter if I have to beat up 10 more lords or 20 to get to be a vassal, please TW no wasting time on tinkers like this.
Vassals incur a -2 relation decrease with ruler clan whenever their party is defeated or captured.
- Vassals incur a -10 relation decrease with ruler clan whenever one of their fiefs is captured.
- Vassals incur a daily -1 relation decrease with ruler clan if they own no fiefs.
- Vassals defecting to another Kingdom while keeping their fiefs is a declaration of war.
I think the effect of AI on AI relations isn't really a part of the game yet so this all just ends up as more bull:poop: potentially for the player and no pay off. They need to figure out a way for the AI to actually be punished by relations and also revisions to player faction before any of this matters. For instance you can recruit or create a clan and siege a fief for them, but you actually have no control over if that new clan gets the fiefs, because of the horrible, useless, election system. Sometimes a fief less clan gets bumped up, but sometimes they don't.
8 ) Kingdom Decisions

-- Decisions should +/- 5 relation with voting parties, +/- 15 if the Ruler overrides the majority.
Unless they make an entire new election system, the bug can stay since the vassal are so stupid and worthless. It's already indulging TW's game design to even make a faction and take vassals. Make it even worse and it's back to much faster solo domination. They're just too stupid to have to consider what they want or why they vote. There's a lot of problems with the clan/vassal design that I don't know if TW is even goin to touch.
9) Policies

- Approval of policies should be a numerical value based on Clan Leaders culture and traits.

- Policies should automatically be subjected to a renewal ever 2 years after its implementation.
No because vassals don't know what policies are, this is for the player to make the game not crap, making them vote more is just nuisance and makes the game suck.
- Instead of recruiting from an invisible pool, AI spends influence to recruit pass the limit of villages and settlements.
Yes for the first part, for the second I don't know if they have invisible pools, if you mean their spawn guard maybe that could cost influence depending on the size (which IIRC depends on their max size?).
11) Gang Leaders
Cool if it's random or power related, otherwise the poor empire lands (most of the map) will be full of looters.
They already made enough of a stink with security a loyalty that most players have to call nintendo power to get it sorted out, idduno if they
should do more. Plus if they did this, they would need to add means to get rid of the gang leaders.... which I would actually like, I'd love to kill them in street and put thier heads on pikes. Alternatively if you had good relations with them maybe they could give +security and loyalty and reduce prosperity.
12) Campaign Map
- Increase food consumption of non-native troops in different culture regions by 10%
-- Increase food consumption of parties by 15% and incur a morale penalty of -3.
Cute, but too compilated ?? I think you underestimate how much all of this would **** over the AI too.... which in general I'm okay with because it's funny, but it wouldn't be good for finishing the game. They should do something more with the seasons but I don't think messing with food supplies is good unless they put in the work to add other food systems to counter it.
13) Events
Maybe, but they AI needs to deal with these too and so far TW seems to have a problem making the AI do anything. It can't be up to just the player, it just doesn't work at all. And TBC I expect the player to be able to DO SOMEHING for any of these event, either to encourage positive ones or end negative ones. If I can't interact with it, I don't care about it. Random= BAD, player choice = GOOD.
Create and assign nobles to a unique formation that sits at the back of the army/party during battles.
They'll just get shot to death, even at the back of the map. I think in addition to 101 siege fixes, the ability to "do not deploy" certain clan members or troops even would be a good addition.

Simple change that will have a major benefit for the game ...

- The ability to press a key and tab through all your companions, controlling each. If one of your companions is in Caravan, you could command the defense of the caravan when attacked.

Should simple to implement and boost the game greatly ..

please..

Took some feedback from previous thread and played the beta to get a better sense of what is being worked on.
Here's my copium and venting method in ways I think the game could be drastically improved without major overhauls.

Don't expect folks to read the whole thing, just pick a topic and give an agree or disagree if ya could.

1) Trainers

- Companions/Clan Members can be assigned a tutor or trainer while waiting in settlements or assigned as a governor that cost a daily wage.
-- They will provide daily SP in one of two skill trees based on what tutor or trainer is assigned.

- Children receive daily SP relevant to their tutor once it is assigned.
And a option to respec both companions and clan members perks/attributes
2) Quests

- Companions/Clan Members that resolve a quest should be rewarded charm experience equivalent to what the player receives.

- Quests the player cannot accept (faction specific, bad relations, faction leader) should be marked as red instead of blue.

- Increase experience Companions/Clan Members receive from resolving quests.
I like the idea about the red marker, but what is the point to let know the player about quests he can not activate?
Quests should pop up only when the player can receive them.
3) Mercenaries

- Add a unique tab in Kingdom screen for hiring mercenary companies.
-- Mercenaries can also be hired by talking to any member of the clan.

- Mercenary contracts should be for a fixed period of 30 days.
-- Mercenaries cannot be hired by another Kingdom during this period.

- Mercenary contracts should require an upfront cost of 1000 denars per member of company.

- Daily wage of Mercenary companies should be 100 denars per member of company.

- Faction specific hostile Mercenary companies should have a base relation of -50 with ruler faction to ensure they aren't hired by that faction.

- Once contract ends, it can be renewed again for a 20% increase in the upfront cost.
-- Each subsequent renewal will be increased by 20%.

- Once a mercenary company is released from their contract, they have a two week cooldown before they accept a new contract.

Current mercenary feature does not justify an unique tab.
But a sub menu, hint text box giving more details about the mercenary contract could be useful.
4) Renown

Not sure why you are requesting this.
5) Traits

- Traits have a numerical value to them in character menu.

- Decisions indicate whether the player will gain or lose trait points.

- Increase base value for having similar or different traits to +/- 5 respectively.

- Increase the amount of valor/calculating trait increases/decrease decisions.
I'm more about what @Apocal already suggested in this thread
A few actions will make you gain or lose a trait easily (get daring after starting few battles against the odds, lose it quickly once you retreat too many times, or slowly if you do not take part in any risky battles anymore), requiring the player to stick to one trajectory (a daring character will never flee etc...).
6) Relations

-- Base values are determined by the characters traits.
-- Clan base value will be determined by Clan leader.
-- Decrease of 1 per week.
-- No notification of this decrease.

- Increase the requirement to be considered friend or rival to +/- 50 respectively.

- Killing an enemy clan member in battle should incur a -20 penalty with that clan.
-- include dialog that they acknowledge you killed their clan member in battle.
A big no for the decrease over time.
Relation penalty for killing a clan member during battle is not that good either (I think it got removed, a lot were complaining about).
I agree for the friendly and enemy treshold change but +/-50 is too much. Let's say +/-25 :xf-wink:
7) Vassals

- Increase penalty for voting against another vassal to -5/-15/-25 respectively.

- Increase value of supporting another clan to +5.

- Vassals incur a -2 relation decrease with ruler clan whenever their party is defeated or captured.

The problem for the penalty when capturing an enemy lord or fief is the occurence.
It happens so many times that you would end up with so bad relations that the game would no more be enjoyable (something similar to a gameplay where you kill everyone).
8 ) Kingdom Decisions

9) Policies

Policies need to be, and are certainly being looked at.
Tw didn't even implement anything regarding how AI should select them...

Not a bad idea actually.
11) Gang Leaders

Recruitment of bandit troops should happen in hideouts, linked with the bandit factions.
Gang leader in a town could have an impact only if there is a way to counter it.
Or you could decide to make the power of notables in town linked with the traits and attributes of its owner.
A cruel and deceitful owner will be likely to deal with the gang leaders (making them more powerful) to force the inhabitants to pay more taxes and respect the rules, but could lose some loyalty for example.
12) Campaign Map

Okay for the season, but hell no for the food system. At least not with the current system, where a lot of players are already experiencing uncontrollable starving situation in their fiefs.
13) Events

Examples:

Examples:

I would like to see map events linked with the seasons. Not too impactful but still noticeable, for better immersion.
14 Battles/Sieges

- Fix pathing and collision detection on siege ladders.
-- Troops no longer will downscale ladders when morale breaks.

- Remove morale loss immunity of defending troops operating siege engines.

- Create and assign nobles to a unique formation that sits at the back of the army/party during battles.
-- Similar to Battian noble troops, they would be assigned a guard of spear/pikemen.

- Provide notifications whenever a hero is wounded or killed in battle.

- Increase morale penalty whenever a leader is wounded or killed in battle.
Yeah moral linked with leaders & sergents during the battle would be nice. A bonus and penalty system would be great (linked with banners as well...)
Vent over, have a great Holiday season folks.
What holidays?

1) Trainers

YES YES!!!

YES!!! but also want to add a remark. player have to be able to hire mercs via som kind of menu in the city. i dont wanna run thru all calradia to find their gad dem leader to hire him, while my village gettin raided
7) Vassals
erryfin sux here. NO.
11) Gang Leaders
NOU. nevar. dont even mention anyfin about - loyal
12) Campaign Map
erryfin below is sux. sturgia will gad dem starve to death
13) Events
nah. sounds crappy
ty

- The ability to press a key and tab through all your companions, controlling each. If one of your companions is in Caravan, you could command the defense of the caravan when attacked.

I think that's a great idea.
on the campaign map, if the caravan or any of the companions is attacked, you should get a message asking you whether you want to take over personally or auto-resolve. That would help improve all the characters in your clan.

PS: the only downside to this, is if one has a lot of companions roaming around the map and they get in trouble a lot, then you will get tons requests to take over/auto-resolve and it will distract you from the main task or character!

Simple change that will have a major benefit for the game ...

Should simple to implement and boost the game greatly ..

please..
yes this is my most requested feature. especially in city defenses.
I think that's a great idea.
on the campaign map, if the caravan or any of the companions is attacked, you should get a message asking you whether you want to take over personally or auto-resolve. That would help improve all the characters in your clan.

PS: the only downside to this, is if one has a lot of companions roaming around the map and they get in trouble a lot, then you will get tons requests to take over/auto-resolve and it will distract you from the main task or character!
yes your downside is a valid point. Maybe a menu where you can toggle request on/off for specific characters would be a good solution. The mod 'player switcher' had this functionality to an extend (not the menu with he toggle options)

I'm curious about being able to tab thru and select your companions to use? Are you asking to switch between them and control them on the campaign map, or just take over when they get in a fight?

I'm curious about being able to tab thru and select your companions to use? Are you asking to switch between them and control them on the campaign map, or just take over when they get in a fight?
in the mod you can select any character at any time to play as that character. A later addition gave you a popup whenever a clanmember is under attack.

in the mod you can select any character at any time to play as that character. A later addition gave you a popup whenever a clanmember is under attack.
sounds great! I think the overall focus of the game should be to play more/see more in one really long playthrough, rather than starting and grinding everything again every single time I realize I actually want to play a different weapon/style...

Back
Top Bottom