westre's siege persistence

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello,

Today I'm pleased to announce my native persistence mod for With Fire and Sword. For the last couple of weeks I've been developing a system, which holds all the players' progress. This new mod includes player levels, experience, seasonal ladders, world ladders, kill streaks, leagues, divisions et cetera. Let me give you a list of what's included in this mod.

[|] Teamkill -500
[|] Killed friendly valuable player -(victim league - your league * 20)
[|] Kill +80
[|] Shot difficulty +(20 meters or further)
[|] Bonus XP for killing a Swede +10
[|] Bonus XP for killing an Admin +5
[|] Bonus XP for being on attacking side +20
[|] Killed a valuable player +(victim league - your league * 20)
[|] Killstreak of 5 or higher +(killstreak * 5)
[|] Killed a player with a killstreak of 5 or higher +(killstreak * 5)
[|] (ATTACKER) Opened portcullis +30
[|] (DEFENDER) Closed portcullis +30
[|] (ATTACKER) Deployed ladder +35
[|] (DEFENDER) Removed ladder +20
[|] (DEFENDER) Opened gate -20
[|] (DEFENDER) Closed gate +20
[|] (ATTACKER) Opened gate +20
[|] (ATTACKER) Closed gate -20
[|] (DEFENDER) Defending flag +5 (per 5 seconds)
[|] (DEFENDER) Defending flag under distress +10 (per 5 seconds)
[|] (ATTACKER) Capturing flag +25 (per 5 seconds)
[|] (ATTACKER) Capturing flag with a group +10 (per 5 seconds)
[|] (ATTACKER) Capturing flag while under distress +10 (per 5 seconds)

Teamstreaks: 50, 100, 250, 500, 1000

Promotion criteria on the seasonal ladder:

Leagues:

0.0 - 1.0 = D
1.0 - 2.0 = C
2.0 - 3.0 = B
3.0 - 4.0 = A
4.0+      = A+

Divisions:

.0 - .2 = b
.2 - .5 = s
.5 - .8 = g
.8 - .0 = d

A K/D ratio of 2.7 will rank you as: Bg

Now you see, this mod has 2 ladders. A seasonal ladder and world ladder. Why you may ask? Well when a day 1 player plays and kills everything on the server, the player gets so high in the list that a day 90 player got no chance to take his position.

That's why I introduced seasonal ladders. The server starts at Season 1 of course, players will be able to rack up kills and deaths. Your seasonal rank depends on your K/D ratio * season experience. The higher your K/D ratio, the higher you get placed in the division or even the league and the higher you get placed on the seasonal ladder. At the end of the season, I will most probably give the top 3 players of the season some sort of recognition on fireandsword.eu or for example get invited to a private tournament. When the season ends, Season 2 starts and that's the loop basically. How often do we start a new season? Well there are no fixed dates. Seasons may run for an entire season, or just 1 month, or a couple of weeks or even a couple of days (Christmas season for example). Of course later on I will start developing a website where you can track your performance on all seasons.

The world ladder stays on your account forever. You level through earning experience, with each level requiring exponentially higher experience. You earn experience by doing the tasks noted in the aforementioned list. There are 3 tiers of killstreaks, Tier 1 for level 1 - 7, Tier 2 for level 7 - ... et cetera. Killstreak rewards vary from free XP/Gold to grenades to black mace. For now that's that, more rewards to be added post-release.

This mod will only run on westres_EU_Siege and it will not be released to the public. This mod may very well be ported over to other modes and other Mount and Blade games, however this is not certain. This mod is very young and bugs are to be expected, however you can currently play it on westres_EU_Siege. If you want to look up your stats, I made a little site that shows your stats at: http://www.kevinserver.nl/siegepp/stats.php (FYI: 2 days = 2061 unique players).

Thank you for reading.

great system, BUT you need to change the rank names, currently they look like modern warfare ranks..!
my suggest :

1-Volunteer
2-Militia Recruit
3-Militia Regular
4-Militia Veteran
5-Soldier
6-Veteran Soldier
7-Commander
8- Captain
9- Colonel

? something like that gives some realistic feel of the game, doesnt it ?

Isn't that a bit unfair making ladders depend on K/D ratio? This will cause players to stay back and shoot and that is very easy for some castles in defending positions.

Excellenct work btw.

Back
Top Bottom