[Werewolf] - Verona 1117 - Innocents win

Users who are viewing this thread

Big McLarge-Huge said:
That IS true, much to my dismay. Seems like I'm the only one going public here, but despite my cranky-old-man-ness, I'd like to think I'm rather well preserved  :iamamoron:
Well, it took almost ten years for my nationality to become public. I think it will be another ten for my age.  :iamamoron:

Latte Crappuccino?  :iamamoron:
fixed it for you.  :iamamoron:

Xardob and I devised a challenge to end every line with the iamamoron-smiley, so far I'm doing good  :iamamoron:
It's on.  :iamamoron:

Moose! said:
Maybe Gen X is just a state of mind.
I'm sure there must be somewhere a bit of light-heartedness in all the things you post, but I tip my hat, it sure doesn't come across  :iamamoron:

Xardob said:
Big McLarge-Huge said:
That IS true, much to my dismay. Seems like I'm the only one going public here, but despite my cranky-old-man-ness, I'd like to think I'm rather well preserved  :iamamoron:
Well, it took almost ten years for my nationality to become public. I think it will be another ten for my age.  :iamamoron:
You mean you'll tell us at the launch-party of Bannerlord? Cool  :iamamoron:

Latte Crappuccino?  :iamamoron:
fixed it for you.  :iamamoron:
It's a thing to be upset about for sure  :iamamoron:

Xardob and I devised a challenge to end every line with the iamamoron-smiley, so far I'm doing good  :iamamoron:
It's on.  :iamamoron:
:party: :iamamoron:

Big McLarge-Huge said:
Xardob said:
Big McLarge-Huge said:
You mean you'll tell us at the launch-party of Bannerlord? Cool  :iamamoron:
Just after TSN and Oub win the 30 man WW celebration game.  :iamamoron:

Xardob said:
Just after TSN and Oub win the 30 man WW celebration game.  :iamamoron:
Of course, "Blacker Death", an enormous extravaganza hosted by me, featuring several theatrical trailers (mostly created with The Movies and The Sims 3), an open-world map with hundreds of side-quests, items and sub-choices (incl. the material of the rope used for lynching and the forum background color). Ultimately this game surpasses the record breaking 1000-pages mark within the first 30 hours (half of the posts by the host), and replaces around 80% of its player base at least twice. Three people commit suicide over it, and Moose still won't talk to Gen X'ers, but it'll be LEGENDARY (within a small subsection of an obscure and outdated Internet-forum).

:iamamoron:

(sorry, Lupo  :iamamoron:)

Big McLarge-Huge said:
I'm sure there must be somewhere a bit of light-heartedness in all the things you post, but I tip my hat, it sure doesn't come across  :iamamoron:

Well maybe that's because I'm not ending every post in a smiley? I did that in my first game of werewolf, so I'm good.

Okay, so I read that post finally. I don't really see anything I need to particularly respond to, but:

Big McLarge-Huge said:
I know this might sound like a ton of bullsh!t to you, and I know it sorta doesn't belong here.
I study philosophy, so what you said here is extremely lucid compared to what I commonly deal with - and I do in fact find the life cycle of civilizations to be an extremely fascinating subject. I just try to avoid letting that **** spill over into forum games. :lol:

But well, let me level with you in turn, and tell you how I think you can actually maximize your chances of winning a werewolf game as an innocent: I honestly don't care, if you don't think you can rationalize your suspicions, or don't want to put in the effort. But at least tell me what they are, instead of giving me an obscure discussion in on general strategy that the village should adopt for the lynch. Tell me which one of me, Moose and Arch3r is most likely to be a wolf, even if it's literally just your gut. I know your reads won't be as good as mine (:wink:), but I've got way more use for that than I have for a discussion on what makes an optimal lynch, at this point in the game.

Putting together your reads with everyone else's suspicions, genuine or not, allows me to start putting together what is happening in this game, after which I can tell you lot who to actually lynch. Even if that latter part is me just rationalizing my own gut reads in way that hopefully sounds palatable to others, those reads are correct way more often than the compromise lynches we usually end up with on day 1.

We'll probably still end up with a let down of a compromise lynch by the end of the day, but that's why I'd rather spend this day trying to figure out the game, rather than trying to just limit the damage. I'd much rather have some strong early reads to look back to on later days, than the convoluted mess of distractions we'll have developed by then, in the process of butting heads like this over and over again.

Replacement

Big McLarge-Huge informed me that he will not be able to continue playing this game, then he will be replaced by
:iamamoron: Adaham :iamamoron:

It's the different account of the same person.  :iamamoron:

Xardob and I devised a challenge to end every line with the iamamoron-smiley, so far I'm doing good :iamamoron:

How have you done it without breaking the rules? Oh, well I am in too. :iamamoron:

You did break this rule didn't you:
-There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings except for night talks.
:facepalm: :iamamoron:

SootShade said:
Big McLarge-Huge said:
I know this might sound like a ton of bullsh!t to you, and I know it sorta doesn't belong here.
I study philosophy, so what you said here is extremely lucid compared to what I commonly deal with - and I do in fact find the life cycle of civilizations to be an extremely fascinating subject. I just try to avoid letting that **** spill over into forum games. :lol:

I can say the same. :iamamoron:

Interesting topic(out of place), but it sounds quite Marxist. Not my favourite kind of philosophy, yet not even the worst or strangest out there. :iamamoron:

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,383429.msg9101690.html#msg9101690
I hope that he won't check my profile or Jock's one! :ohdear: :iamamoron:

SootShade said:
Putting together your reads with everyone else's suspicions, genuine or not, allows me to start putting together what is happening in this game, after which I can tell you lot who to actually lynch. Even if that latter part is me just rationalizing my own gut reads in way that hopefully sounds palatable to others, those reads are correct way more often than the compromise lynches we usually end up with on day 1.

I'm excited!

Dark_Hamlet said:
I've read the lore and I try to keep up with the posts, but I won't post the bloody thesaurus every time I come here just to see what's up. I don't like posting for the sake of it. If I post it's because I think I have something worth saying otherwise I keep to myself.
This is fine, but right now all we know is you don't think Adaham's suspicions about you are correct. Which is what literally everyone would say when someone suspects them.

As Soot and Xardob said, tell us what you think about others, even if it is based on just a gut feeling or some odd observation.

SootShade said:
Alright, I suppose I should take a look at the remaining three players that I've yet to properly deal with, before I decide which one of you lot needs to burn on a stake. In particular I've been kind of avoiding dealing with Xardob and Adaham, because I honestly don't expect they'll be giving out any particularly clear tells, but by I suppose they've put out enough by now to allow me to analyze their general behaviour somewhat.

However, I'll start off with the easier one that remains, Jock: My initial impression here, before going to reread his posts, is that Jock has been quite careful, even non-committal, thus far. I can't think of any suspect he's really named aside Arch3r, and even on that count he's not shown any particular confidence. With that in mind, I've also gone to skim over his first day play in the previous game, and it does seem like expressions of hesitation are quite common for him indeed, and he's one to urge caution in the rest of the village as well.

Now, in this game Jock actually seems more confident/relaxed to begin with, perhaps owing to the general tone of the game early on. The more cautious behaviour this time around seems to have come out as I prodded him to elaborate on his suspicions regarding Arch3r. His reaction to Arch3r's vote on him instead was about as neutral as possible. He did stick with Arch3r as his main suspect, but notably showed more willingness to lynch the most inactive players first; I'm not sure I like this. Then again, even as I highly dislike lurkers, I'm aware that most people aren't quite as particular as me in always trying to prioritize lynching their main suspects.
I don't like to discuss playstyles and other meta things inside a game of WW, but I'll elaborate a bit on this. I was way too cautious last game, urging people not to rush their votes without really providing much input myself. I attempted to remedy that on day two by creating a very heated discussion and got lynched for it. You are spot on about being more confident this game. Being neutral about suspicions regarding myself is how I like to roll. I've tried going the route of defending myself on every step and it didn't work out. Besides it's day one and nobody has anything substantial on me so it'd be a ****ty lynch in any case. :party:
SootShade said:
As for what I was thinking of as non-committal initially is definitely the way that Jock has talked about Moose - which Moose also has referred to, I think. After several posts objecting to Moose's behaviour, he has not only initially expressed that Moose is more likely to be innocent, but even recently that he has become more confrontational on this count I don't think he's ever really stated he's even suspicious of Moose. Then again, maybe he just hasn't got around to that yet. This whole situation is honestly just confusing to me; even though I was getting more innocent vibes from Moose for a while there, his recent posts are honestly really weird and scummy, and yet on the other hand I don't necessarily disagree with his general sentiment regarding Jock.
Everyone is innocent until they're not. I try to reason everyone's behaviour from both perspectives and Moose's hunting definitely felt innocent earlier on in the game. I think he's doing a good job with his playstyle (I don't know if this is normal for Moose) so far actually, having a lot of different suspects and being very confrontational. The issue I have with this is his tendency to mix more serious posts in with posts giving off a joke vibe.
Moose! said:
To clarify, I said you feel wrong, which is why you're high on my list.

Feelings > facts
Moose! said:
I'm not nitpicking. You feel wrong, as in you feel like a wolf.
Moose! said:
I guess not, his is more subtle than me shouting I'M INNOCENT from the rafters of the Notre Dame.

Yo, reading Archer, I'm finding myself more and more aligned with him. I think he's smart, and I'm obviously dumb. Archer, who do you think I should be voting for today?
Moose! said:
I feel that Dark Hamlet and Doge must be innocent, because I'm so innocent that only an innocent would vote for me at this particular point in the game.

You can't invalidate my feelings.
Or am I misreading you, Moose?
Moose! said:
I won’t be voting for Xardob or doge or dark hut or archer or myself today.
So you won't vote two lurkers or Archer? Why is that?

My top suspects right now are MaHuD, Archer and Dark Hamlet, actually, given that Doge actually posts in the near future.
MaHuD:
MaHuD said:
Moose! said:
MaHuD said:
I do not trust people who say things along the line of 'I am a villager again' on day 1. Certainly not any pleas to survive the lunch on night 1.

I've done more or less the same. Why is it so bad coming from Soot?
You have?
IIRC Moose has indeed and so it's weird that MaHuD only focuses on Soot saying this. I understand you can't be arsed posting as much as some of the players here, but your case on Soot is weak and I don't think you're going to end up getting him lynched today. So why don't you elaborate a bit on your other suspicions?

Dark Hamlet hasn't provided any information about his suspects and I believe in Biggie's approach about lurkers. I don't like what Biggie's being doing so far either with the meta talk but I definitely want to see what his replacement Adaham has to say. Archer's reasoning for voting me seemed alright but his follow-up posts made me suspect him again.

Unvote; Vote: MaHuD.

Xardob
I don't have any issue with the self-vote. I put down a second vote on him because I wanted to see what would happen, and I'm sure what he did had a similar motivation. I don't think we learned much, aside the lessened weight of votes at the time, but at least it was kind of funny. What I still do have an issue with is the fact he still hasn't put the vote anywhere else. I mean, he did explain it:

Xardob said:
SootShade said:
I know I'm good, but could you at least lay down a vote on someone other than yourself? :meh:
Eventually. But since driving hard for my preferred target (not that I actually have one right now) seems to be counter productive on the long run (see last game), I'll take more of a backseat this lynch.

But whilst this might be true, it sure is a convenient position for a wolf to claim. Well, he has certainly been open to hearing cases throughout this game, offering up the possibility of his vote, but apparently none have been convincing enough to him. Indeed, he's been quite reluctant to venture out his opinions on other people's roles in general. Not something I like in an innocent.

Other than that, Xardob has done his usual thing, a lot of jokes and plenty of sharp observations regarding what is going on in the game. I find the latter quite useful, as the way he thinks about Werewolf is quite similar to me in many respects. It doesn't help me say what his role is though, because this is what he does every game, as it's not difficult for a wolf to make factual (even useful) observations whilst just slipping in occasionally what he figures his innocent self would feel in regards to whatever subject.

I guess overall his play feels somewhat scummy. Following my meta logic, that means he's more likely to be an innocent. It honestly not much to make conclusion on; As I've just explained, I need to know a player's reads on the game generally to make my own on them.

With that in mind, I'll wait a bit for Adaham to hopefully oblige me on that point, before I do a reread on him.

Dago Wolfrider said:
Big McLarge-Huge informed me that he will not be able to continue playing this game, then he will be replaced by
:iamamoron: Adaham :iamamoron:

Soot, I'll give you my reads after I get some sleep. So later today. You won't like them, though.  :iamamoron:

Dago Wolfrider said:
Xardob and I devised a challenge to end every line with the iamamoron-smiley, so far I'm doing good :iamamoron:

How have you done it without breaking the rules? Oh, well I am in too. :iamamoron:

You did break this rule didn't you:
-There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings except for night talks.
:facepalm: :iamamoron:
I forgot to answer this. I'm Adaham's sock puppet. It's why we agree so often.  :iamamoron:

Actually, I can give them right now.  :iamamoron:

-SootShade - Lynch tomorrow
-Adaham - Lynch at LoL
-Xardob - Useless
-Jock - Could be but I don't want to lynch him again.
-The Doge of Benis - Die, lurker, die.
-MaHuD - Will probably lose us the game by voting an innocent at lynch or lose so lynch him please but probably innocent.
-Moose! - Weirdly intense, but innocent.
-Dark_Hamlet - Post, newbie, post.
-Arch3r - Innocent? Innocent.

Back
Top Bottom