[Werewolf] – Werewolf: The Bareboning – Day 3 – Nom, nom, nom...

Users who are viewing this thread

Xardob said:
Your answer here is so serious that I don't know if you missed the obvious implication of my question. you've kind of unbalanced me here.

Oh, I got it. But with so little serious activity in the day, I'm trying to get past the humor. If people can take something from my intentions that starts discussion, great.

Xardob said:
Isn't that how you can easily lynch a villager, though? Find behaviors that fit a wolf profile and paint them in the light you want. There's a difference between looking for players being wolfish and wolfish behavior in other players.

Sure, but that's why it's only part of the process. Finding those key behaviors leads me in a direction, but it's the response to pressure that makes the difference. Especially on day one, since we're unlikely to piece multiple "wolfish behaviors" together to generate a pattern that explains a player's actions.

Xardob said:
You know, there's a really interesting discussion about werewolf meta somewhere down this line. Let me know if you're interested in having it.

Absolutely! PM me after the game.

Xardob said:
I won't deny that wolves have made that joke before, but does it fit the player? I'm not sure. Is it the first joke a wolf would think of making? I see Jock's "don't bait me" as much more wolfish than this.

I'd expect a wolf to post something along these lines as a joke: "Right after you". It would imply he's innocent, throw the attention on me and also establish a connection between both of us. It's much more effective as wolf joke than what Vieira posted.

Nothing about Vieira's play so far fits what I remember of him as a player, so I'm not entirely sure where to go there.

Maybe this is part of why I've never been good at reading joke posts, but I've never thought about their efficacy from a game standpoint. They're either rooted in WIFOM (as is this one) or are excuses for parking votes, as I see them. I might have to explore this line of thought.

Xardob said:
You're giving me too much credit here. I'm just having fun talking with everyone. Finding wolves is just incidental at this point.

Also, I could do it with my eyes closed, so why put too much effort into it?  :iamamoron:

:razz:

Xardob said:
For what's worth it, I like your general assessment of Moose and Vieira.

Considering Moose's posts since that assessment, are you still leaning that direction?

Moose is still nearly opinionless. His most expressive post is where he agrees or disagrees with someone else's opinions, without justifiction for why he thinks the way he does. His assertion that claiming I'd be willing to switch to one of my other top targets, especially to avoid a no lynch, is wolfish is nonsense. Not only for the reason Xardob explained, but also because this is a game where a majority is required for a lynch. Splinter votes risk a no lynch, and consequently I'm happy to change my vote to players I don't even suspect if necessary to achieve a lynch. It's the best weapon the village has, and it shouldn't be wasted. As long as my suspicions are made clear, I'm happy. I'd certainly prefer the village to agree with me, but I'm hardly right all the time.

I'll be here a few minutes longer. If support for the Moosewagon doesn't show, I'll make that switch before I have to leave. Xardob, will you be around for the hammer if need be?

That's all the time I have. If any of the four of you that haven't voted for Vieira are around, please do vote for him. Hammy should be here shortly, as per his last vote count, and we don't want a no lynch. Splinter votes accomplish nothing here.

Unvote. Vote: The Doge of Benis

I like a Moose lynch. In fact, I'll join you.

Vote Moose

I was rereading some of the old games (my LoS gave me a fit of nostalgia) and ran into this. I'm back to innocent with Vieira after this.

Maybe if someone pushed for him earlier. Well, there's always tomorrow. Unless one of us is killed.

(Yes, I purposefully just opened a gigantic WIFOM avenue for the wolves.)

Lots of talking...

...well, not really "lots"...

...some talking...

...some lurking...

...the usual stuff...

...host-reading...

...neo-xardobist LoS's...

...hardcore nostalgia trips...

...let's lynch somebody...

...okay...

...Dances with Vacuums singled out for being likeable, but expendable....

...disappointment...

..."oh well...goodnight"...

...howling of wolves...

___

Vieira was killed. He was innocent. It is now night. Night will last 72 hours max, but try to get it done in 48.

Night people, PM me.

Uneasy night...

...nomnom noises...

...new dawn.

"It's good to be alive"

...said everyone except Orgasmo.

"Oh noes, we lost the Herablist"

:facepalm:

"****"

...same procedure as yesterday.

---

Orgasmo? Orgasmo's dead. He was the Herablist.

It's lynch or lose.

You've got 4 days from now on.

Marowit said:
let me write a decent post this time. :neutral:
4Vvbx.gif

Xardob feels very different from his last game, so I'm leaning innocent. Eternal feels very similar to his play last game (or at least, he did in the first round, not so much this second round), so I'm leaning slightly guilty.

Magorian's reasons for pushing a lynch on Vieira feel overcomplicated and don't smell right to me, I felt like I understood what Vieira was doing towards the end of it and it seemed obvious (I thought he was trying to hunt wolves by claiming to be a wolf and then judging the reactions of people who were happy to let him take the heat off of him). Jock's reasoning made it seem like he should be voting for another player, I'm wondering if his vote on Vieira was a wolfy parking vote.

So day one had a bunch of us jumping on the Vieira bandwagon quite happily. Myself included.

I think either Moose or Mags is a wolf. They could be packies but I see a few obstacles in that theory. I'm leaning more on Moose, since his day one posts and especially his vote on Mags seemed to be quite shallow and off.

I'm unclear on Xardob and straight out confused about Marowit. Xardob's last minute "oh I think Vieira is innocent but theres no time" is sounds like a hollow fallback.

Still waiting for that decent Marowit post.

My crusade vs. Vieira was because of his opening "I am a wolf" post. Those are annoying. I almost wanted to get Xardob lynched last game because he did it, and he was my packie. I started this game very grumpy. Then I had a midterm. It went okay. Now I'm here.

I'm going to call a Magorian-Jock pack here. The only commentary of substance that Orgasmo provided was suspicion of Magorian. You can already see Jock playing the wolf pretty obviously, saying "I'm leaning either my packmate or Moose and I just happen to prefer Moose!" The pack is angling for a Moose lynch, particularly since Xardob seems willing, and the two wolves pushing for it are not being particularly subtle. Maybe they think I'm dumb. I'm hurt.

:sad:

Moose! said:
Magorian's reasons for pushing a lynch on Vieira feel overcomplicated and don't smell right to me
That's quite a nose you have there. Maybe we should use it to track the other wolf.  :razz:

Jock said:
I think either Moose or Mags is a wolf. They could be packies but I see a few obstacles in that theory.
Really? Care to elaborate what those obstacles are? I'm not seeing anything.

Marowit said:
My crusade vs. Vieira was because of his opening "I am a wolf" post. Those are annoying. I almost wanted to get Xardob lynched last game because he did it, and he was my packie. I started this game very grumpy. Then I had a midterm. It went okay. Now I'm here.
I understand that. If he didn't keep up the "I'm a wolf" routine, I doubt I'd have ever voted for him.

I'm going to call a Magorian-Jock pack here. The only commentary of substance that Orgasmo provided was suspicion of Magorian. You can already see Jock playing the wolf pretty obviously, saying "I'm leaning either my packmate or Moose and I just happen to prefer Moose!" The pack is angling for a Moose lynch, particularly since Xardob seems willing, and the two wolves pushing for it are not being particularly subtle. Maybe they think I'm dumb. I'm hurt.
I like this. You're my clear innocent read today. But I was leaning more towards Moose and Magorian.

Marowit said:

:sad:

I'd buy that for a dollar.

Xardob said:
Moose! said:
Magorian's reasons for pushing a lynch on Vieira feel overcomplicated and don't smell right to me
That's quite a nose you have there. Maybe we should use it to track the other wolf.  :razz:

:roll:

Jock said:
I think either Moose or Mags is a wolf. They could be packies but I see a few obstacles in that theory.
Really? Care to elaborate what those obstacles are? I'm not seeing anything.
[/quote]

Probably nothing that isn't WIFOMY.

Marowit said:
I like this. You're my clear innocent read today. But I was leaning more towards Moose and Magorian.

Why me? Because I smell things?

Back
Top Bottom