Weekly 2d art competition archive

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice link. I'll give that a read before bed.

GMt_S.jpg

hello. i ve been following the topic for a couples of week. tried to draw for the last theme (was a scene from the lost world  :grin:) but couldnt finish it. now i have a few comic book pages in my mind but i dont understand how to draw it. should i draw exactly like the comic book artist or just  draw in my style ?

Being restricted to one page is part of the fun, it takes skill and experimenting. Although, I suppose it's not that strict. Two pages max.

The're no rules about having a beggining, middle or end though, it could be abstract or a snippet of a bigger story etc etc.

Also...

Me and jacobhinds should make a comic set in Ancient Greece or Rome, like Asterix. That would be best thing ever.  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :cool:

11143273_10205895073089219_4381171493219253838_o.jpg

Testing out greyscale screentoning. This is way harder than it looks in manga. I'm constantly making judgements about what should be dark and what shouldn't, and why. I guess doing shadows on the white will tidy things up, especially on the last panel which is impossible to read right now.

Will do words when I've done the "colours".

oh yeah days of no activity and the moment I want to post something 'a new reply has been posted' :razz:

SacredStoneHead said:
Deadline will be on 9th August. Countdown here.
I want to. I hope I can find sometime. Have to turn something in tomorrow in order to get some feedback and make a finished product on the twentieth.

Ahm, missed this one as well. Got some crap sketches. How much time left?

SacredStoneHead said:
Deadline will be on 9th August. Countdown here.

Just noticed I forgot to update the OP.

I just arrived from a wedding, will look at this issue tomorrow.

You can also post how much time you need to finish this and I'll consider it before the deadline, that as you can see on the quote above will be exactly in 24 hours from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom