Weekly 2d art competition archive

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, ladies and gentlemen!

Here are the entries for the week. Sorry for the lateness, I've been really busy.

_aPvN.jpg
Author: HoJu
Title: Ojáncano and Anjana
Two of the most iconic characters in the mythology of Cantabria (Northern Spain). The Ojáncano is a giant cyclops that embodies the destructive power of nature. It's related to storms and is said to uproot trees, throw boulders, destroy fountains and kill cattle when it's angry. It can only be killed by tearing out the only white hair in its long red beard. The only being capable of calming down its rampages is the anjana, the good fairy of Cantabrian folklore. In the figure of a beautiful woman dressed in a white tunic and blue cloak, with long braided hair crowned with flowers, she carries a magic staff made of hawthron with a lantern (or a star) on top, takes care of the plants and animals and helps the good people in need.

tapio_zpsyyfcpbit.jpg
Author: J32
Title: Tapio, The King of Forests
Tapio is an East Finnish forest spirit or god, who figures prominently in the Kalevala. Hunters prayed to him before a hunt. His wife is the goddess of the forest, Mielikki. He was the father of Annikki, Tellervo, Nyyrikki (the god of hunting), and Tuulikki. Fitting the Green Man archetype, Tapio has a beard of lichen and eyebrows of moss.

1vGMZA.jpg
Author: History Head
Title: Archura
Archura (Turkish: Arçura, Arçuri), a famous mythical creature from Turkish folklore. They always been a top monster for horror stories for children.

Archuras are depicted as a tall creature, with long dark hair and four eyes. Archuras has three legs and three arms but sometimes they can be seen with ears, horns or goat legs. Two huge breasts even they can throw back them.

Later on, this creatures apperance changed, when Turks accepted Christianity and Islam, to an evil dark soul that dwells in forests. Their roles turned into forest keepers afterwards.

They have horrible cries and also can change into different forms. They can shapeshift into an old man or an handsome youngs body to contact with people.  They're incredibly fearsome, often seen by girls brushing their hair nearside of the rivers.

One of the scary facts about them is that they demand sacrifices. Their laughs can lure people.

One of the most interesting ability that they have: Archuras can kill people by tickling them.

Really interesting round, that was.

Also, a warm welcome to two new competitors!

Now vote for your favourite!

****e happens folks, but I hope to not see one of these rounds again in a while.

So as usual, I'll set a starter theme for you lads, and it'll be time to another Character Forge!

Rule:

You must follow the guidelines set for the lore and basic characteristics, but past that it's your job to add your own flavor to the character in question.

So here it goes:

Character Forge #3 - The Dark Knight

Background:

The dark knight roams a cold and unforgiving land.

An enormous black horse, armored to the hooves, is the mount.

Whenever the heavy and characteristic hoofstomps are heard after sunset, the wise hide, because facing the might of the dark rider is certain death, even for the fiercest of warriors.

Characteristics:

Name: Not specified
Race: Humanoid - can be undead
Role: Warrior

Setting: High or low Fantasy
Equipment: A full set of intimidating heavy black armor, with sinister/grungy details
Weapons: A two handed weapon, weapon and shield or all of them
Clothing: Fur pieces or other cold protection and a ragged cape. Pieces of cloth must show signs of decay as well
Companion: A black horse - can be undead

Physical characteristics: Can have either a bruiser or slimmer body frame, but must be strong, well built.
Height: Tall
Hair: There can be some hanging out of the helm, your call which hairstyle and color
Eyes: Something that evokes fear, can be glowing eyes under the helm

If you're curious to see how the first edition of the Character Forge unfolded, read this post onwards: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,280181.msg6836440.html#msg6836440

Second edition: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,280181.msg8092817.html#msg8092817

Inspirational stuff:

75193eccad076b78a29109d4d74fdff5.jpg
black_knight_by_cynic_pavel-d9u3cxq.jpg
p00q0g0f.jpg
1629526-black_knight_by_trejoeeee.jpg
the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_battle_preparations.jpg
GamesDay2009-Miniature1.jpg

Any questions, just ask right away.

You people have until the 3rd May to do this. Check the countdown here.

Good luck!

Yes, we are, and I'm late, sorry.

In my defense, Cloudflare said TW was offline since Friday for me, what was up with that?

We only got one submission, thanks to Efe Karacar this round wasn't a disaster like the last.

What's happening guys? I'm really out of time as of late, if anyone has a suggestion to spice things up, shoot.

Without much further to say, here's the submission:

tRCjVq4.jpg
Author: Efe Karacar
Title: Wurz

That's it for now. Efe Karacar, you can choose your theme!

Try cleaning your cache for cloudflare, if you didn't already or disable your VPN if you use one. Might help.

Well, as for theme; I propose either Weapon Design (Medieval, not sci-fi; can be fantasy also.), or a "Fictional God" of your own mind (This can be depicted any way author desires.) or any popular culture character reimagined (Like, A jedi Jon Snow or Yoda riding a dragon.)

Efe Karacar said:
Try cleaning your cache for cloudflare, if you didn't already or disable your VPN if you use one. Might help.

Well, as for theme; I propose either Weapon Design (Medieval, not sci-fi; can be fantasy also.), or a "Fictional God" of your own mind (This can be depicted any way author desires.) or any popular culture character reimagined (Like, A jedi Jon Snow or Yoda riding a dragon.)

Choose one, we're not voting for themes anymore  :q

DanAngleland said:
Very nice work Efe Karacar, I like it.

Thank you Dan.

Then, I choose "Any popular culture character reimagined" for this week's theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom